• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there really a difference in color between the tan country calf vs the chestnut country calf? The website says its slightly darker but I cant tell any difference.

:embar:

st111

Reaction score
This is really weird because... they show you the VAT excluded pricing, but there's no way to actually get that price. If you are in Europe you will pay VAT. If you are outside of Europe you will get charged a different price in a different currency.

You only get charged VAT if you have shoes shipped to an address within the EU. Having orders shipped to Switzerland, I only pay their EUR prices with VAT deducted.

canadianhockey3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
These look great. What last and color exactly is that?

I'm not entirely sure, exactly. If I can compare to Carmina, they look very similar to Rubi shell. I've suggested the MTO, I'm hoping they can provide me with more information as to the color and last.

In the meantime, if you're interested, wouldn't hurt to also suggest it to them! The more people who do, I'm thinking the greater chance they'd be willing to do the makeup.

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
some recent GMTOs, very happy with how they turned out.

Please share the details on the boots; they look excellent!

charnpic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I really want to order the double monk chestnut country calf (Hiro Last)
,but i need help in sizing.

I usually wear the shoes in between 6 and 7 UK.

My roughly foot measurement is
Width: 97mm
Length: 250mm

I never have any epic brand shoes before,
However, I have classic Vans in 6uk - 39 (really fit - no room at all)
and i have another Local brand Loafer in 39 too.

Any reply and suggestion would be greatly appreciate.
Cheers

elitedna

Reaction score
Anyone know how much i should size down from Hiro to buy meermin loafers. Currently wear 9 with insoles, so i guess 8.5 without insoles (as i would wear loafers) in the hiro.\

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
Same size, Ron last is really narrow at the toe area. If yousize down it will be to narrow.

I wear the same size and have problems with the narrow front.

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
Same size, Ron last is really narrow at the toe area. If yousize down it will be to narrow.

I wear the same size and have problems with the narrow front.
It really depends. I wear a 7.5UK in the Hiro (a bit too large, instep mostly) and I sized down to a 7 in the Ron last. I still have a bit of heel slip after 3 months in my loafers, I couldn't imagine wearing the same size in both lasts.

But hey that's me. Sizing is tricky.

Trdesign

Reaction score
So i placed an order end of june for some stock burgundy wholecuts. I emailed right before the order to make sure they were in stock and ready to ship, to which they replyed yes. I am still waiting. After 2 emails asking what is going on the response was " we will send you a link for payment". Meermin shoes seem to be good value from the reponse here. But my patience is wearing as thin as the soles on my current shoes....

TheFluffer

Reaction score
I totally understand. I was going to pull the trigger on their RTW bluchers but i asked them if they are ready to ship. Sadly they told me 20 working days.

I bought something else from Herrings that same day.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meermin keeps on killing it with the shell runs. How many times does a particular shell MTO fill up in less than 24 hours? There is definitely an insatiable appetite for shell < $400.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads