• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

free2hear

Reaction score
Does anyone have the suede rapello chelsea boots? Mine came with a strange feature (or not), the inside leather lining is different in colour from one shoe to another, the right one is chocolate, the left is vanilla. I can see its summer and ice cream is mandatory but is it like that or did they just assemble a shoe from one pair with another shoe from other pair?

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meermin keeps on killing it with the shell runs. How many times does a particular shell MTO fill up in less than 24 hours? There is definitely an insatiable appetite for shell < $400. 

They are so purdy...

I have a pair of their original shell LWB with shell from Argentina. I wonder if the current Japanese shell is of higher quality.

After seeing the pics of the new one, I think I am gonna give mine some TLC.

Last edited:

silverprelude

Reaction score
Great pics with a DSLR I bet ! What did you apply on your shoes to make them look shiny ?

I've also received my GMTO boots Edward Green like. https://www.meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=153#

I saw those as well, but already have a few derby boots, this is my first balmoral boot. They were dull right out of the box, just some generic cream and polish and they shine up fairly well.

riton

Reaction score

I saw those as well, but already have a few derby boots, this is my first balmoral boot. They were dull right out of the box, just some generic cream and polish and they shine up fairly well.

To be honest, I bought also a pair of balmoral boots in burgundy hahaha :D

But the delivery has been delayed and I received the derby boots first.

hiver

Reaction score

Just won these (factory seconds) wholecuts on Ebay for a reasonable price - they are on my favourite last, New Ray.

Sadly New Ray is used far too little IMO (but then again I have narrow feet)

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just won these (factory seconds) wholecuts on Ebay for a reasonable price - they are on my favourite last, New Ray.

Sadly New Ray is used far too little IMO (but then again I have narrow feet)

What last do you wear in Carmina?

hiver

Reaction score
[quote name="othertravel"
What last do you wear in Carmina?[/quote]

I do not own any Carminas yet - but understand Simpson and Uetam are the ones to go for with narrow feet/heels.

free2hear

Reaction score
Just to share some experience about some Meermin Chelsea Boots bought through ebay "official" seller of the brand.

After receiving them i noticed two undescribed problems, one, the inner leather of the left shoe was vanilla, the right shoe was chocolate; second, several glue stains at one of the elastic band of one of the shoes. The "major" problem was described, some sort of burn which was accepted through the beginning since i bid and won the item; the other "minor" problems were not described. The color difference in the inner leather it's not that important, as a matter of fact i find it rather enjoyable, but the glue stains (several) are a bit unpleasant.

Contacting the seller to know if he could help in any way this was the answer:

"Hello
I don't considerate those a major defects
Those are a pair of shoes labeled (Warned on the listing) as second's that's why you didn't pay double of what you paid on meermin website.
Have a nice day
Kind regards
Vicen

Only love, no hate! Anyway, I might stick with the boots considering their low cost, so does anyone knows how to take glue of the elastic band??

Usonian

Reaction score
... anyone knows how to take glue of the elastic band??

Totally just guessing here, I have no experience with this, but seeing as the elastic is fabric, I'd just lather up some soap, maybe suede shampoo just to be safe if it gets on the shoe, and just work it out with your hands? It works in my head.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads