• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

mtre

Reaction score

Garbstore has been the first shop in Europe to put EG online for the last couple of years. I am now looking at the Fatigue pants....they're definitely slimmer, but still too baggy for my taste. I'd never wear such trousers in an urban environment.

I'll find out in the next couple of days how they fit as a pair of fatigues are on the way to me :happy: From what I've seen they don't look as baggy as the USN pants from SS11, which I also have.

catchh

Reaction score

I size up, but just because, for me, EG jackest are too smaller in chest when I try my regular size.

By the way, sizing up, I find the sleeves are too longer.

Yes thats exactly how it was for me. I have to cuff the sleeves so it won't look to long which I don't mind.

Last edited:

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll find out in the next couple of days how they fit as a pair of fatigues are on the way to me :happy: From what I've seen they don't look as baggy as the USN pants from SS11, which I also have.

Nice, please share your thoughts on fit and fabric when you get them. What color did you go with?

mtre

Reaction score

Nice, please share your thoughts on fit and fabric when you get them. What color did you go with?

I'll be getting the khaki ones first, I've also ordered the olive ones which I'll have to wait a bit longer for...

astris

Reaction score
Context has their stock online. Grabbed the work shirt in natural.

The navy shooting jacket looks awesome, not sure if I could pull it off though. Wished they would have picked up the Douglas in olive.

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Context has their stock online. Grabbed the work shirt in natural.
The navy shooting jacket looks awesome, not sure if I could pull it off though. Wished they would have picked up the Douglas in olive.

thanks for this ... grabbed the same shirt in small. according to their measurements, sizing looks consistent with ss11 at least with the olive CPO and polka dot workshirt

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The mismatch flip-flops are a little more mismatch than I was expecting:

e5f4dc8d.jpg

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^agreed, if the sole/footbed matched and just the straps were different I think I would like them.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, does it get warm enough in Toronto (Jonathan+Olivia) to warrant flip flops? I was under the impression that most of Canada is pretty cold most of the time.

Last edited:

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience ordering from johnathan+olivia? I am in the US and called and sent them an email inquiring about ordering some sale items from this season. Their reply was that at this time they are not authorized to sell EG either via online, email, or phone order... :confused:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered an EG shirt from them via email, but it was a couple of years ago (12/09. Just checked the email for you.)

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any experience ordering from johnathan+olivia? I am in the US and called and sent them an email inquiring about ordering some sale items from this season. Their reply was that at this time they are not authorized to sell EG either via online, email, or phone order... :confused:

that doesnt make sense

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score

that doesnt make sense

Agreed. And quote "Unfortunately, we are not approved to sell Engineered Garments on the J+O
online shop or via any other method at this time."

Doesn't make any sense, especially since they are so adamant about advertising how the spring EG shipment is now online. Additionally, when you click on each EG item it says "To purchase please send an email to [email protected]"

D:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads