• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

astris

Reaction score

thanks for this ... grabbed the same shirt in small. according to their measurements, sizing looks consistent with ss11 at least with the olive CPO and polka dot workshirt

No prob. Material looks sweet. Sizing seems pretty close to SS11 according to Context's measurements, maybe slightly more shoulder. Last SS had tiny shoulders. Still need to size up this season.

Anyone have any experience ordering from johnathan+olivia? I am in the US and called and sent them an email inquiring about ordering some sale items from this season. Their reply was that at this time they are not authorized to sell EG either via online, email, or phone order... :confused:

Got the same thing when I tried to order this FW.

Last edited:

field

Reaction score
Spoke with the owner of Jonathan and Olivia about online/phone orders. In the past they did allow for this, but with a pretty brutal payment system, faxing credit card/photo id.

They now only allow for in-store purchase of EG. I wouldn't waste your time dealing with them.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah but WHY? it doesnt make sense. i dont understand why they make it so difficult. everyone knows EG is strict but yet most stores found a way to deal with it ... why cant they?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will take these shorts and this floral shirt, despite the tab collar which I hate...
bd69c704.jpg

d97e0469.jpg

...either of these...

...this...

...and the blue version of these...

and call it a day. Please PM me if you see any of these online. I know the natural shirt is on Context.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is the natural miner shirt, Context has the workshirt but not the miner. They also have the cordlane hunting jacket (really nice in person!) Haven't seen the shorts or that floral. Nepenthes has the navy fatigue pants, not sure about the light blue color though.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oh yeah noticed the work shirt in natural is missing the "iconic" red button

they don't do red on all workshirts, instead some feature a clear bottom button with white for the rest. My green chambray is like that, so is the polka dot I think (though I could be wrong on that one, haven't worn it in a while). Same with this natural color workshirt.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to quote the work shirt and not the miner shirt. The one on Context is the one I want.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they don't do red on all workshirts, instead some feature a clear bottom button with white for the rest. My green chambray is like that, so is the polka dot I think (though I could be wrong on that one, haven't worn it in a while). Same with this natural color workshirt.

you are right ... i have 4 workshirts total w/ 2 workshirts with white button including polka dot

excuse my ignorance lol

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the red button better...the clear isn't a stark enough difference to show up well. The red bottom button is one of the first things that attracted me to EG, not sure why I like it so. Clear does work well on some shirts though, like the polka dot (love that shirt, one of my favorite work shirts they have done).

RKD - do you have any of the miner shirts, if so how is the fit? Thinking of trying one.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no miner shirts unfortunately ...

yeah me too love the red. it just seems so iconic so when i think of eg i think of that button to the point where i forget that even shirts i have dont all feature it lol

mtre

Reaction score

Nice, please share your thoughts on fit and fabric when you get them. What color did you go with?

Received my fatigues today, they are very nice :) The fit is slimmer than last years USN pants but not too slim so they are still comfortable.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I have some ripstop USN pants from last year and like the fit, but couldn't definitely handle something a little slimmer. How is the fabric weight and sturdiness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads