• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 17

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is the f/w 18 lineup up anywhere?

Tramlines

Reaction score
sorry to interrupt :bounce2:but if anyone comes across FW17 andover pants in grey, size 34, out there would be MUCH obliged if you let a brother know...thanks in advance! :fistbump:

I'm holding off commenting on the winter 18 EG collection - this post is more interesting :)

Haven't you left it a bit late? TBB have a size 36inch which you can tailor down to 34inch. The stitching is straightforward.

jlchau

Reaction score
Anyone here with an aviator jacket? I picked one up recently and noticed that the sleeve pocket isn't closed off... meaning if i reach in there I can go all the way up and down the sleeve. Doesn't seem right.

White Lotus

Reaction score
Anyone here with an aviator jacket? I picked one up recently and noticed that the sleeve pocket isn't closed off... meaning if i reach in there I can go all the way up and down the sleeve. Doesn't seem right.
You mean the cigar pocket?

ShoutOutsFoMyBo

Reaction score
sounds like the back zip on the pathfinder. when opened it’s just a hole in the exterior fabric, with the entire back of the jacket being storage space. you could fit a bunch of stuff in there if you wanted, but it’s useless because it’s on the back of the dang jacket and it’s just the thin polyester or whatever lining between you and whatever loose things are tumbling around. but i like that it’s there, and would prefer this to something more useful.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Our sale kicks off tomorrow here at Drinkwater's, so I'm throwing this sale album up again. Not a whole lot of prior season stuff left, but I've added in FW17 so everything is one place. We actually have a pretty good run of FW17 sizes left, so please give us a call at (617) 547-2067 or e-mail us at [email protected] / [email protected] with any inquiries or orders. We apologize in advance if we take a little extra time to communicate electronically as this place gets pretty crazy in-store from here on out.

Drinkwater's FW17 Sale

Thanks so much for your support as always this sale season!

P.S. We will get SS18 up and running very soon -- We already have some pieces ready to be shipped from Nepenthes, so stay tuned!

evolsirhc

Reaction score
Our sale kicks off tomorrow here at Drinkwater's, so I'm throwing this sale album up again. Not a whole lot of prior season stuff left, but I've added in FW17 so everything is one place. We actually have a pretty good run of FW17 sizes left, so please give us a call at (617) 547-2067 or e-mail us at [email protected] / [email protected] with any inquiries or orders. We apologize in advance if we take a little extra time to communicate electronically as this place gets pretty crazy in-store from here on out.

Drinkwater's FW17 Sale

P.S. We will get SS18 up and running very soon -- We already have some pieces ready to be shipped from Nepenthes, so stay tuned!

Do you have a list of available sizes, or should we just contact you guys for that?

Last edited:

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Do you have a list of available sizes, or should we just contact you guys for that?

For the sake of time I just threw up the available pieces and pricing since we're a day away from the sale. I'm going to try to edit in sizes where I can, but til then best to contact us.

evolsirhc

Reaction score

Drinkwater's FW17 Sale

For the sake of time I just threw up the available pieces and pricing since we're a day away from the sale. I'm going to try to edit in sizes where I can, but til then best to contact us.

thanks! I just shot you guys an email

rusticchasm

Reaction score
If anyone here bought the double cloth black aviator in XS at Haven and doesn't want it, let me know...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The red and black reminds me of Daiki era Woolrich. I like it, but only so much of that mix I can take, so I'll only be targeting a piece here or there in FW18 in that colorway.

Can anyone share their sizing experience in this FW17 season's Baker and Bedford jackets? Measurements I've seen make them seem like they came up a bit on the smaller size this year than the last two season's, but I haven't been able to try any on. I'm a solid Medium in EG tops and Jackets from past season's, but I'm wondering if I need a large instead for FW17. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tramlines

Reaction score
Can anyone share their sizing experience in this FW17 season's Baker and Bedford jackets? Measurements I've seen make them seem like they came up a bit on the smaller size this year than the last two season's, but I haven't been able to try any on. I'm a solid Medium in EG tops and Jackets from past season's, but I'm wondering if I need a large instead for FW17. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Baker FW17 Medium is a solid 38 inch (variation from jacket to jacket, +/- 0.5inch) shoulders, PTP wider than Bedford FW16 for me at nearly 22inch. I've stayed medium for their jackets - it's their shirts which are all over the place. I decided to stay medium for jackets otherwise, the sleeves are workwear length. A large would resolve this, but the pit to pit is unacceptable for me (athletic build). If you are 39inch at the shoulders , you really would fall between the two sizes. The Baker is roomier than the Bedford. I think for this reason, the heavier cloths for the Baker are better. I like the Bedford's silhouette more (my bias).

JilSlander

Reaction score
The god killing 'em in FW18 (via Jimagraphy IG)

26186300_735006953363240_7118234558780145664_n.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
more please

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads