• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are mismatched then you'd think they would show the pair.....what does the other look like?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would like mis-matched colors...but I love their wing tip shoes where they mis-match smooth and Scotch grain leathers for the different parts of the shoe. Wish I had a pair of those....

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like the idea of a flip flop being introduced and with all the floral and beach oriented stuff, it works. BUT I have a problem with flip flops
Men tend to forget about the appearance and condition of their feet, especially their toes. Yeck, have you ever taken a look down there. Ever heard of a pedicure dude, you even get a back massage at the same time. Wow, I'm sorry if I ruined anyones breakfast while reading this but really!

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ agreed! Flip-flops have a time and a place. Beach, really hot day having a bar-b-q, etc. They are not meant for general wear, but they serve a purpose.

Unfortunately I work at a place where summertime casual wear is typically cargo shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. There are some guys that wear them every day who should never, ever, show their feet in public...absolutely disgusting. I'm fortunate that with little more than nail clippers my feet are at least presentable I feel. I tend to wear boat shoes or some sort of slip on moccasin most of the time, but if I'm going to be outside for a while and it's really hot, my feet sweat to much. Sandals provide that necessary bit of air-flow to keep things comfortable. Since almost all sandals pretty much look like crap, might as well keep it simple and go with flip-flops.

Not sure I'll be dropping $80 for EG ones....but I'm admittedly such a sucker for EG stuff that I just might.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody know how the fit of the miner shirt compares to the work shirts for this season???

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the idea of a flip flop being introduced and with all the floral and beach oriented stuff, it works. BUT I have a problem with flip flops
Men tend to forget about the appearance and condition of their feet, especially their toes. Yeck, have you ever taken a look down there. Ever heard of a pedicure dude, you even get a back massage at the same time. Wow, I'm sorry if I ruined anyones breakfast while reading this but really!

^ agreed! Flip-flops have a time and a place. Beach, really hot day having a bar-b-q, etc. They are not meant for general wear, but they serve a purpose.
Unfortunately I work at a place where summertime casual wear is typically cargo shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. There are some guys that wear them every day who should never, ever, show their feet in public...absolutely disgusting. I'm fortunate that with little more than nail clippers my feet are at least presentable I feel. I tend to wear boat shoes or some sort of slip on moccasin most of the time, but if I'm going to be outside for a while and it's really hot, my feet sweat to much. Sandals provide that necessary bit of air-flow to keep things comfortable. Since almost all sandals pretty much look like crap, might as well keep it simple and go with flip-flops.
Not sure I'll be dropping $80 for EG ones....but I'm admittedly such a sucker for EG stuff that I just might.

I think both of you are conflating the suitability of flip-flops in general with the condition of the wearer's feet. Totally different things.

Generally, I don't have a problem with flip-flops, anymore than I do with espadrilles or topsiders for summer footwear--it's hot during the summer and sometimes (most days) I just don't feel like wearing loafers sans socks to adhere to some GQ-deigned concept of acceptable male fashion.

That said, like with anything, if someone is going to wear flip-flops he should take heed that his feet are in reasonable condition. The same way I wouldn't advocate slim fitting jeans for someone who's grossly overweight, I'd advise against flip-flops for fellas with gruesome-looking feet.

HuggyGiraffe

Reaction score

The new season clothing is arriving early in the UK this year :) Although prices seem to have gone up...:facepalm:
couvertureandthegarbstore.com

Garbstore has been the first shop in Europe to put EG online for the last couple of years. I am now looking at the Fatigue pants....they're definitely slimmer, but still too baggy for my taste. I'd never wear such trousers in an urban environment.

Last edited:

catchh

Reaction score
Just curious as I'm looking to buy a 2nd EG Jacket… do you guys size up in jackets?

I had to size up to a M in the North Wood Jacket as the S was to tight in the armpit and shoulders.

S-NMBR

Reaction score
Just curious as I'm looking to buy a 2nd EG Jacket… do you guys size up in jackets?
I had to size up to a M in the North Wood Jacket as the S was to tight in the armpit and shoulders.

I size up, but just because, for me, EG jackest are too smaller in chest when I try my regular size.
By the way, sizing up, I find the sleeves are too longer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads