• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Mohawk have put some shawls and ties up online. There seems to be a huge variation in price depending on the fabric. I'm really keen to handle the Salmon people one now to see if it justifies the price.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

Mohawk have put some shawls and ties up online. There seems to be a huge variation in price depending on the fabric. I'm really keen to handle the Salmon people one now to see if it justifies the price.

The "OVER Button Shawl" is actually a completely different piece than the basic "Button Shawl" that's been getting a lot of love on here, and yes, they're considerably more expensive but offer totally different heavier fabrics in addition to being constructed differently.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Got some measurements on the Salmon people peacoats:

Small: Pit to Pit - 191/2 IN
Shoulder to shoulder - 17IN
Length (from bottom of collar): 26.5IN

Medium: Pit to pit - 21 IN
Shoulder to shoulder - 18IN
Length (from bottom of collar): 27.5IN

They seem shorter than I expected-- maybe too short for me. I am told that fit is boxy enough inside to allow for layering.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The "OVER Button Shawl" is actually a completely different piece than the basic "Button Shawl" that's been getting a lot of love on here, and yes, they're considerably more expensive but offer totally different heavier fabrics in addition to being constructed differently.

So one is actually worn (has sleeves, extra material and a chest strap) whereas the other is just a throw over shawl?
Do you know of any other differences construction-wise?
tia.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Thanks for the info Steven. As per Canstyleace, if you have any further information you can share it would be appreciated.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

So one is actually worn (has sleeves, extra material and a chest strap) whereas the other is just a throw over shawl?
Do you know of any other differences construction-wise?
tia.

I think the Mohawk site did a fantastic job on highlighting the details of the Over Button Shawl; If you really inspect those pics you can see exactly where the inner sleeves are, where the strap is attached, and how they affect the different ways you can wear it. The Button Shawl is basically just the fabric and 6 buttons, so yeah, you pretty much nailed it- though you can still style it a variety of ways and even use it as a scarf if you were so inclined (also shown on Mohawk's site), as the fabrics are generally lighter for it.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well the over button shawl is way out of my price range for what it is ($690, yikes...), do you know if they are releasing the button shawl in the salmon people fabric? Also, is the cinch pant being released in any other colorways than olive reverse sateen?

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
I think nepenthes already has the Button Shawl in Salmon People right?

I found this, is this is a tribute to the reverseable floral patterns of EG? I wonder if you have to be Japanese to wear it

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The salmon people shawl on nepenthes's site IS the over button shawl. I doubt they'll release the same fabric in the cheaper button shawl model, but I dunno.

Looking forward to seeing what else is available in the regular button shawl fabricwise, as I agree the overbutton shawl just isn't in my range this year.

Last edited:

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jack Straw got in a shawl with the salmon people fabric, unsure if it was the regular button version or the new version.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

The salmon people shawl on nepenthes's site IS the over button shawl. I doubt they'll release the same fabric in the cheaper button shawl model, but I dunno.

Looking forward to seeing what else is available in the regular button shawl fabricwise, as I agree the overbutton shawl just isn't in my range this year.

Button Shawl:

Red/Navy Heavy Twill Plaid
Grey/Navy Heavy Twill Plaid
Black/Blue Heavy Twill Plaid
Dark Navy/Heather Grey Wide Stripe
Dark Navy/Red Wide Stripe
Black/Blue Wide Stripe
Grey 12oz All Wool Flannel
Red 12oz All Wool Flannel
Dark Navy 12oz All Wool Flannel
Black 12oz All Wool Flannel
Mixed Multicolored Plaid
Grey Wool HB/Windowpane
Navy Wool HB/Windowpane

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads