• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I've been wanting some black stows for a while now and have been patiently waiting for the right pair. I never have any luck with the outlet as either nothing I like appears in a size 9UK, or it does, and Crafty beats me to it while I'm deliberating. After a quick discussion with my long term advisor @ike_hiking_boots i picked these up. Been interested in deerkskin for a while but every pair I've seen is on V-lite or dainite/commando with no midsole. These have the full weight Itshide which is a combination I've not seen. After wearing, there is no issue regarding the lightweight leather not working with the heavy sole in my view. It just feels like a medium weight boot rather than two separate components.

View attachment 2173753
Nice those mate. And yes. You got them by my good grace! 😂😂

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Java waxed flesh Burford.
Bxh1DMTKTZel4yCfwAvozw.jpg

thelonius

Reaction score
Trickers have announced a new model of boot - the Corbett. Apparently a genuine hiking boot. The blurb (you've probably all received the email and video link) featuring Tricker's young and highly talented woman who (forgotten her name) also assures the genuine hand-welted bespoke service of the company, claims a number of elements.
I'm just throwing throwing this in to test your opinions as T lovers.
First: I'm fairly excited about T making a real hiking boot, as I do a lot of hiking. But really, are these boots going to be of much interest? We don't yet know their weight - this is really important. I don't really want to hike up the French Jura near where I live in a pair of boots weighing 3.5 or 4 kg.
Second: GY welting is not waterproof - the video suggests that adding dubin to the the storm welting will increase the water resistance of the welts. Great. But, sorry, compared to modern hiking boot structure, with solded and WATERPROOF technology, and Goretex uppers, my present hiking boots can get me through streams/low rivers, mud, etc., with dry feet.
Price: How much are these boots going to cost? Probably 700+ pounds/dollars/euros whatever you want. My really great hiking boots cost me around 300, not more.
Deception: The video accents on the hand-welted aspect of this new boot. This is false, false, false.

However lovely the T's youngest shoemaker may be, she will not, an neither will anybody else, be sewing these boots by hand. These boots will be GW welted, unless you order them bespoke.

Actually, my reaction was, FGS, you should have done this 15 years earlier. There's no reason to leave the genuine hiking boot category to the mass produced marks.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads