• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The salmon people shawl on nepenthes's site IS the over button shawl. I doubt they'll release the same fabric in the cheaper button shawl model, but I dunno.

Looking forward to seeing what else is available in the regular button shawl fabricwise, as I agree the overbutton shawl just isn't in my range this year.

I pm'd Steven of drinkwater's a while back and he gave me a list of fabrics it was going to be released in. I preordered one in the gray/navy windowpane fabric, as seen on the miner shirt a few posts back.

Edit:
Red/Navy Heavy Twill Plaid
Grey/Navy Heavy Twill Plaid
Black/Blue Heavy Twill Plaid
Dark Navy/Heather Grey Wide Stripe
Dark Navy/Red Wide Stripe
Black/Blue Wide Stripe
Grey 12oz All Wool Flannel
Red 12oz All Wool Flannel
Dark Navy 12oz All Wool Flannel
Black 12oz All Wool Flannel
Mixed Multicolored Plaid
Grey Wool HB/Windowpane
Navy Wool HB/Windowpane

Last edited:

JilSlander

Reaction score
The "OVER Button Shawl" is actually a completely different piece than the basic "Button Shawl" that's been getting a lot of love on here, and yes, they're considerably more expensive but offer totally different heavier fabrics in addition to being constructed differently.

Absolutely correct. If you've noticed, the Over Button Shawl comes in heavier fabrics and is more of a true shawl.

How are you guys planning to style the Button Shawls?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CSCO and Ken, appreciate it, but I mean SEE the fabrics :)

Re styling, I thought Nico and the Loftman guy did decent jobs last year.

The skirt method seems less likely for me, but it looks good on the right dude

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the Mohawk site did a fantastic job on highlighting the details of the Over Button Shawl; If you really inspect those pics you can see exactly where the inner sleeves are, where the strap is attached, and how they affect the different ways you can wear it. The Button Shawl is basically just the fabric and 6 buttons, so yeah, you pretty much nailed it- though you can still style it a variety of ways and even use it as a scarf if you were so inclined (also shown on Mohawk's site), as the fabrics are generally lighter for it.

Thanks for the info
I'm in the button shawl camp, have no use for the thicker fabrics in socal, just so many choices, might end up getting two

Like a western poncho

Last edited:

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
sorry for the late response guys; massive power outage on our block last night. going to snap some photos today of what we have. we picked up the regular button shawl. In brief, it is essentially a scarf with well placed buttons and buttonholes but its very fun and can be worn a half dozen ways (channeling a fistful of dollars, KANEEEDDAAAAA, etc.). Will be photographing my coworker outside today in 80+ degree weather with one, just for y'all.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by JilSlander

Like a western poncho[/quote]

Yes, to me it's a poncho.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
/\ Exactly
Full coverage with top half buttoned and to the right (so right hand is only covered to the bicep/elbow, unless you're a lefty), then when indoors or ready to draw something from your front pockets, use right hand to peel front towards the left side over your shoulder like in the pic.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So nepenthes got some new needles stuff in. The rebuild shirts have really piss poor measurements, ie its all vintage stuff that really hasn't been modified to fit like a modern build. edit: got measurements for the large, unfortunately the shirt was yellow so i passed. waiting on something more neutral.

Shoulder to shoulder - 24.5 IN

Pit to Pit - 24.5 IN

Collar to bottom - 29 IN

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This was the best buttoned shawl IMO

LL

I should have not thought and jumped on the purchase when the Yen dropped few months ago. Big regret.
Not feeling any of the button shawls this season, so far...maybe the windowpane, stripes, and checks will be more promising

:fu:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Need to see the full offering but if the whole collection is any indication, I do not see any great combos

Someone find me the red/gray stripe from FW12, and I'll be sure to post photos

FWIW I liked the contrast of the red, brings out the subtle gray fabric any my usual monochrome wardrobe

badeggcat

Reaction score
EG Tokyo had the button shawl in red when I was there earlier this month. I asked about a black one but was told that they didn't have it. There were a number of over button shawls which were a lot thicker, somewhat like an heavy overcoat.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not feeling any of the button shawls this season, so far...maybe the windowpane, stripes, and checks will be more promising
:fu:

Why you sweating it T?
With soo many choices this time around there's bound to be something for you,,,, I agree with wp & stripes being the more promising, the plaids would be a 3rd choice for me but the solid flannels aren't even an option for me, I just hope that wp material isnt as warm/thick as I think its going to be.

mbaum

Reaction score
Went to Mohawk and checked out their first delivery and to figure out size/ fit for me. Everything is pretty good, fit is definitely roomy - EG large fits my frame just fine for a relaxed fit. Those shawls look amazing but I would not know how to wear them at all. The reversible pieces are great but, to me, have a slight puffer fish look to them due to the added fabric layer. Bedford is very relaxed.

Picked up one of the Lafayette/ Black Plaid shirts. Fabric is actually on the light side which makes it perfect for layering here in LA when it gets colder. Fantastic quality (And my first EG piece) and, to me, a very good value at $185.

Now if someone has the Navy heathered cotton work shirt in L, I'd get it in a heart beat. The herringbone stuff looks very good, too.

Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads