• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you be able to spring a brown of some sort? I've been wanting a brown sport coat for fall and winter for a while, with a little bit of texture.

If you did 50% up front as someone else suggested that would make it more palatable too, spreading things out.

ianbratton

Reaction score
Ben, I was looking to grab vests to complete 3 Benjamin suits (navy, mid-gray, dark-gray) in size 52r/41r-42r(European/American). I only saw the mid-gray available. Will you be putting more on the website?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Darker side is better, IMO. I have a jacket made by Z Zegna that is similar to the lighter side. I find it to be a little difficult to match. Seems to kind of go with lots of stuff, but not go awesomely with very much. I thought I had found a winner combo below, but the people in Whnay's good taste thread disagreed. :/ Prior model of Benjamin shirt FTW. The colour is a little off. The stripes are orange, not red.
I can recommend some nice ties to go with the jacket - perhaps later this weekend if I get a chance. The jacket looks nice - is it bluish grey with a biege in the plaid as it looks on my screen? DOesn't look hard to match with stuff at all - but maybe I'm wrong (or maybe because we have like 700 ties it makes it easier to match haha!)

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I really like that darker one! It would be great to see more when you get the swatches.

I don't know about everyone else, and I know this is irrational, but I tend to buy more when there is like a 50% up front payment... and then the rest a couple months later.

For some reason spreading out the pain makes things seem cheaper and makes me spend more. :embar:

I'll see if I can figure out a way to take 50% up front and the balance when they're ready to ship... will keep you guys posted.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Adding my thumbs up for the changes ... I tried the Bella Spallas, and found I like the wider lapels of the Blue Label's better. I also think they'll benefit from a lower button stance, and I appreciate unattached sleeve buttons.

Also, YES on preorders and YES on odd trousers; I'd love to see a Benjamin Sartorial flannel trouser.

By the way -- can you share the waist measurement for the Benjamin shirts in size 15?

Cool - thanks for weighing in.

Size 15 Benjamin Giacomo/Tremiti:

Chest: 40.5"
Shoulders: 17.5"
Waist: 37"
Sleeve from center neck: 34"
Sleeve from top of shoulder: 24.75"
Length from BOC: 30"

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Would you be able to spring a brown of some sort? I've been wanting a brown sport coat for fall and winter for a while, with a little bit of texture.

If you did 50% up front as someone else suggested that would make it more palatable too, spreading things out.

We've picked out a nice brown plaid... no pics yet but winter weight. Really handsome. I made some for the limited purplle full canvassed Luxury collection but mostly sold out now... we have some blue label ones though... not your size or to your liking? May do some more blue label also though and trying to get the price lower...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben, I was looking to grab vests to complete 3 Benjamin suits (navy, mid-gray, dark-gray) in size 52r/41r-42r(European/American). I only saw the mid-gray available. Will you be putting more on the website?

Yea they didn't send everything for some reason - a bit annoyed... still working that out.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
I can recommend some nice ties to go with the jacket - perhaps later this weekend if I get a chance. The jacket looks nice - is it bluish grey with a biege in the plaid as it looks on my screen? DOesn't look hard to match with stuff at all - but maybe I'm wrong (or maybe because we have like 700 ties it makes it easier to match haha!)

Hold off on the tie suggestions, thanks. I'm on a buying diet until February.

You are right that colour-wise it goes with quite a bit:

[click for massive pic; white envelope in pic for colour correction]

The main issue I have with the jacket is actually the tone. I find it to be neither dark nor bright; just kind of muted and meh... If it had more contrast or saturation, it would be easier to work with.

With other muted colours (camel pants, vanilla bean shirt) I find there isn't enough contrast. It would probably be good for someone with muted complexion, but not me. With strong colours (slate blue pants or dark brown pants, for example), it looks a little weak, imo. Like it just wanted to chill out, but the pants are all serious about it...
It could just be that I don't like understated sport coats...

As an aside, I have a rabid hatred for when the lapel doesn't touch the breast pocket, like this:

THEY COULDN'T HAVE MADE THE GODDAMNED LAPEL OR POCKET A 1/4" WIDER!?!!!

BespokeBeirut

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's not seeing the "refine by" options on the site right now? It's been down on different browsers/computers for me for a few days, and it's about all that's keeping me from snapping up some ties!
shog[1].gif

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Am I the only one who's not seeing the "refine by" options on the site right now? It's been down on different browsers/computers for me for a few days, and it's about all that's keeping me from snapping up some ties!
shog%5B1%5D.gif

Sorry - we are indeed aware of this and working to resolve it. We may have to take the site down for a little while in the next day or two as we also need to upgrade to the latest iteration of the platform for greater improvements to the site.

In the mean time, it appears the filter (strangely) shows up if you use the search box and type in your search there. I've saved you the trouble and provided a link below with our tie selection and you can further filter from there - no more excuses for you! ;)

http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=67&dir=asc&order=price&q=tie

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hold off on the tie suggestions, thanks. I'm on a buying diet until February. 

You are right that colour-wise it goes with quite a bit

The main issue I have with the jacket is actually the tone. I find it to be neither dark nor bright; just kind of muted and meh... If it had more contrast or saturation, it would be easier to work with.

With other muted colours (camel pants, vanilla bean shirt) I find there isn't enough contrast. It would probably be good for someone with muted complexion, but not me. With strong colours (slate blue pants or dark brown pants, for example), it looks a little weak, imo. Like it just wanted to chill out, but the pants are all serious about it...
It could just be that I don't like understated sport coats...

I hear you and see what you're saying... I think that's part of the reason why the Riviera pure cashmere jackets we have on supersale aren't selling that well - even though they're fully canvassed, pure cashmere, made in Italy with an awesome soft shoulder and 10 cm lapels, and only $346.50 (?!?!) . Granted I really should have the pictures retaken - they're a little too washed out I think.

http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=rivier+cashmere+sport+coat

And yet Cucinelli doesn't seem to have any problems largely focusing on these muted tones - go figure!

scatterbrain

Reaction score
I hear you and see what you're saying... I think that's part of the reason why the Riviera pure cashmere jackets we have on supersale aren't selling that well - even though they're fully canvassed, pure cashmere, made in Italy with an awesome soft shoulder and 10 cm lapels, and only $346.50 (?!?!) . Granted I really should have the pictures retaken - they're a little too washed out I think.

http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=rivier+cashmere+sport+coat

And yet Cucinelli doesn't seem to have any problems largely focusing on these muted tones - go figure!

I looked at them, loving the wide lapels and the price, but moved on for the same reason. Was this one always up? I think I only searched by 42r...
http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/riviera-sport-coat-41r-sale.html

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What color trousers would one wear with this jacket? Mid to dark gray? Mid brown? Then perhaps a brown or navy tie?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads