• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jarmo

Reaction score
I pressed the heel stiffeners with my thumbs from all directions and tried to soften it that way. I'm not 100% sure but I think it might have helped the breaking in process a bit. I'm also not sure if this is good for the shoes or not. At least the heels now feel softer to my thumbs.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pressed the heel stiffeners with my thumbs from all directions and tried to soften it that way. I'm not 100% sure but I think it might have helped the breaking in process a bit. I'm also not sure if this is good for the shoes or not. At least the heels now feel softer to my thumbs.
Insert shoe trees with some tape wrapping around the heel area.

Dwarfer

Reaction score
Hi All - I have a common question to which I'm sure the info is in these 1000+ pages....Sorry if I'm rehashing but I have tried to look through the pages and can't find the exact answer.

Essentially - I was hoping to get a pair of Meermin. I've not owned a pair before.

This is what I know:

- Loake Capital Last - "F" Width - UK 7.5 (Euro 41) - this fits me well
- Carmina Simpson Last - "E" Width - UK 7.5 (Euro 41) - this is a bit tight on the width. Length is good.

If I'm looking to buy a pair of Meermin on the HIRO last (which claims to be "E" width) should I stick with UK 7.5 or should I size up?

Many thanks for your knowledge and help here.

Regards
D

Engi

Reaction score

Hi All - I have a common question to which I'm sure the info is in these 1000+ pages....Sorry if I'm rehashing but I have tried to look through the pages and can't find the exact answer. 

Essentially - I was hoping to get a pair of Meermin. I've not owned a pair before. 

This is what I know:

- Loake Capital Last - "F" Width - UK 7.5 (Euro 41) - this fits me well
- Carmina Simpson Last - "E" Width - UK 7.5 (Euro 41) - this is a bit tight on the width. Length is good. 

If I'm looking to buy a pair of Meermin on the HIRO last (which claims to be "E" width) should I stick with UK 7.5 or should I size up?

Many thanks for your knowledge and help here.

Regards
D

Hiro is a very tight last, I believe you should go half size up, that is UK 8.

tbrock

Reaction score
Meermin shoe trees.

Is the consensus still that it is not worth buying Meermin's shoe trees? I have found several references saying that this is the case (especially for Hiro last) but they are all from years ago. Just bought two pairs on the hiro last but don't want to pay a premium for non-lasted trees that are a worse fit than other brands I can get here for cheaper. I made this mistake with expensive non-lasted Herring trees.

Anyone?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do my boots leave laces marks near the upper part of my boot on the leather? Anyone else experience this? My boots came with these marks so I thought maybe a good polish would fix it. I polished them yesterday and the marks were gone but after tying my laces today they are re-appearing.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why do my boots leave laces marks near the upper part of my boot on the leather? Anyone else experience this? My boots came with these marks so I thought maybe a good polish would fix it. I polished them yesterday and the marks were gone but after tying my laces today they are re-appearing.

You mean on the tongue? Isn't that normal...?

Jarmo

Reaction score
Nope, on the shaft.
You mean marks as in the laces have pressed a groove into the leather? Mine does that too but I think it's normal as leather is malleable. And it doesn't bother me because the laces themselves always sit in the grooves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics