• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have any shoes on Olfe but the GMTO Galway and a pair of suede monk ankle boots and they fit identically.

Thanks for the info, sent an email asking if they will make a pair on wide but I doubt it. Probably should just order the Galway but price is too good for Meermin

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those that got the GMTO Galway, did the boots fit any bigger than the shoe versions? Tempted by the current MTO now but Hiro is normally a bit too narrow for me

And anyone ever get the 101487 Green Rapello Suede boots? Curious how they came out. @Gdot any photos?

Hey Stevent,

The green rapello suede boots are three kinds of awesome sauce. I wore them a lot this winter, including show and slush and stuff for two weeks in January. They did fine.

I ordered the same in pebble grain - but they came so late in the season that they are snoozing in the closet for now.

No pics at the moment, and I'm on the road. :foo:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Completing my first order with Meermin as we speak.

Since I am less than sure about my size in their lasts, I'm ordering only one pair of shoe to test the waters and from there, I'll extrapolate my Meermin size on their other lasts.

I'm usually a US11 (or 10.5 in wide lasts like the one used on AE McTavish) but I have tried Meermin Olfe's cap toes last year in UK10 and I remember I had to size up to a UK11 to accommodate the sleeker last.

So I ordered a pair of double monk on their new Elton last - they recommend going with our regular Hiro/Olfe's size so I went with UK11. Hope they don't fit too big and I have to return/exchange for a UK10.5...

Now, I hope I don't have to wait for too long for Meermin to contact me back asking for a payment a.k.a. the waiting game begins!

PS.: for my fellow Canadians, have you been hit with duties on arrival?

Last edited:

TheFluffer

Reaction score
Looking forward to your feedback Shawn. I too wear wide fits but on UK11s.

Would love to know how does the Meermin medium (presumably the Hiro, Elton, Olfe lasts are) fits.

Cheers.

oliotb

Reaction score
800+ pages - my godness!

sizing question: i want to order Meermin Oxfords on Hiro Last - as comparison i have a Loake Hyde boot which i wear in 8.5 with some room to wiggle.

Meermin page claims sizes are identical - will i be save with ordering 8.5 with Meermin as well?

jimmycth

Reaction score

800+ pages - my godness!

sizing question: i want to order Meermin Oxfords on Hiro Last - as comparison i have a Loake Hyde boot which i wear in 8.5 with some room to wiggle.

Meermin page claims sizes are identical - will i be save with ordering 8.5 with Meermin as well?

Not to confuse you but I wear a half size smaller for Capital compare to Hiro. All depends on your feet I guess.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is often adviseable, but since the Loakes are a bit too large a 8.5 in Hiro should fit. However, it all depends.

Last edited:

oliotb

Reaction score
i found a site where some spanish guys list their shoes and sizes as a reference guide...

Here it seems to be visible that Meermin is consistent with EUR and Loake sizes (which is my benchmark at this stage)..

i just ordered Oxford Hiro 8.5 and will cross my fingers!

Quote:
jjviegas​
22/02/2015, 22:06​
42F <=> 8UK C&J <=> 8,5UK Carmina y Meermin <=> 8,5/9UK EG
42,5U <=> 8UK C&J <=> 8,5UK Carmina y Meermin
Bouzas​
22/02/2015, 22:09​
Yo no sabría muy bien que decir, llevo un 6,5UK en Carmina y C&J, 7UK en Meermin y en Vass, horma F el 40 me queda estrecho pero el largo está bien.
JCalero​
22/02/2015, 22:11​
8,5 carmina forest...42,5 men vass
Ari​
22/02/2015, 23:21​
41,5 Vass; 7,5 carmína Soller.
Trapo​
23/02/2015, 03:59​
8,5 en Carmina. 42,5 en Vass F last.
buddah​
23/02/2015, 07:46​
8.5 Meermin Hiro, 8 Meermin Rui, 8 Carmina ---> 42R VASS me queda MAL (me sobra de empeine). Voy a probar con la 42F de VASS.
AESTETICO​
23/02/2015, 07:59​
9 UK Carmina Horma Forest/43F Vass, me queda perfecta.

Saludos,

AE
Edward​
24/02/2015, 19:01​
42F <=> 8UK C&J <=> 8,5UK Carmina y Meermin <=> 8,5/9UK EG
42,5U <=> 8UK C&J <=> 8,5UK Carmina y Meermin

Crees que esa diferencia entre la horma F y la U de media talla es necesaria? Es un tema de empeine alto?

Gracias, un saludo.
Edward​
24/02/2015, 19:04​
Gracias a los que habéis puesto vuestras tallas, he puesto horma R a Calero y horma U a Ari, que me corrijan si me equivoco.

A ver si van llegando más y hacemos una buena guía.

Un saludo
jjviegas​
24/02/2015, 19:13​
Crees que esa diferencia entre la horma F y la U de media talla es necesaria? Es un tema de empeine alto?

Gracias, un saludo.

La horma U es más estrecha que la F y aún más que la R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peretz​
24/02/2015, 20:12​
Sugerencia: Si podéis poner vuestra talla en las hormas de CJ a mi personalmente me ayudaría más que con la referencia de Carmina, que sólo tengo 1 par.

Gracias!
marronmarino​
24/02/2015, 21:59​
Carmina Forest, Detroit e Inca 8
CJ Islay 8
Meermin Hiro 8
Vass U 42
Dred​
25/02/2015, 14:55​
Carmina Forest 8
Vass F 41'5
C&J tengo las Chiltern en 8, pero con el tiempo creo que en 7'5 me hubieran ido mejor
Petertron​
25/02/2015, 21:04​
Allen Edmonds 8.5 us
Loake 7.5 uk
Meermin 7.5 uk
Vass 41 new peter last
Clint Munny​
26/02/2015, 23:27​
Carmina Filadelfia 9.5 UK
Meermin Hiro 9.5 UK
Loake 9.5 UK
Lottusse 9.5 o 9 UK
Vass 43,5
zapasman​
27/02/2015, 19:52​
Carmina 9 uk
C&J 8,5-9 UK
Vass 42,5 F, P2 y 3636
Church 9 uk
Alden 9,5-10 USA
Weston 9D

rUmmeh

Reaction score
Still looking for sizing advice on the double monks in suede (hiro last).

Haven't bought dress shoes in years and rarely wear them, so only reference point I have is Nike/Vans in which I wear a 8.5UK (9.5US / 27.5CM / 275mm) or Redwing 8UK (9US).

On the meermin site they say a 7.5UK is 275mm, which matches my foot size, but I assume that's the insole length and due to the last narrowing towards the end and the inclusion of socks it makes sense to shave off a couple of mm right? So a 7.5UK would be too small if the aforementioned point is correct so maybe a 8UK (which is listed as 280mm on the meermin site)?

Any advice?

Last edited:

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So there's a new style up in the classic line of oxfords that looks pretty nice: https://meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4609#

On their instagram, Meermin implies that it will eventually be available in 3 colors.

After looking at the product page, though, I'm a bit confused - they state that the leather is chrome tanned, and later say that all of their leathers are vegetable tanned. Got me wondering as to what this really is.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still looking for sizing advice on the double monks in suede (hiro last).

Haven't bought dress shoes in years and rarely wear them, so only reference point I have is Nike/Vans in which I wear a 8.5UK (9.5US / 27.5CM / 275mm) or Redwing 8UK (9US).

On the meermin site they say a 7.5UK is 275mm, which matches my foot size, but I assume that's the insole length and due to the last narrowing towards the end and the inclusion of socks it makes sense to shave off a couple of mm right? So a 7.5UK would be too small if the aforementioned point is correct so maybe a 8UK (which is listed as 280mm on the meermin site)?

Any advice?

I'm roughly the same size. 8UK was too big for me, I would atry and 7.5UK. I do have a lower volume foot. The half size only goes down 4mm in length, which isn't much.

rUmmeh

Reaction score

I'm roughly the same size. 8UK was too big for me, I would atry and 7.5UK.  I do have a lower volume foot.  The half size only goes down 4mm in length, which isn't much.

Cool, thanks for the response and info.

When you say 'roughly the same size', what size are you if you don't mind me asking?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9.5 in Nike
8.5-9.0 in AE depending on last

Hiro in 8UK had plenty of length in an 8UK, too much width, too much heel room for me. Think bony foot 9.5. If your foot is meatier or you have a larger forefoot or instep, go 8UK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads