• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That whole street Claudio Coello is like the Rodeo Drive of the area - Tiffany's, Jimmy Choo, Louboutin. Really good selection at the Carmina store, if you want to go above a Meermin budget. Also a T10 metro ticket will let you and a s/o (if you have one that's coming) each go through the metro turnstyles on 1 punch. Each of the 10 uses is good for 60 minutes I think.

LeviMay

Reaction score
Received shipping notification for my Black Calf/Suede bal boots. My first Meetmins are due next week... Pumped!

urban

Reaction score
Received shipping notification for my Black Calf/Suede bal boots. My first Meetmins are due next week... Pumped!

MTO? I have the same as well. First meermin for me. I asked to be notified before shipping so that i can add belts, but they totally forgot about it.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I am really liking these new MTO boots on their Elton last:

Do these leather/suede mixed boots look good with a suit?

Or would I be better off going for a full-suede or full-leather shoe/boot?

Any pics and/or experience on wearing leather/suede mixed boots with a full suit?

oxfordcomma

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Hiro last sizing question.

My feet measurements (with dress socks) are:

Right Length: 249mm
Right Ball Width: 88.9mm

Left Length: 249mm
Left Ball Width: 86mm

I have measured myself on the Allen Edmonds sizing chart, and my length is just barely over the size 7 and width is D.

Here are the Hiro sizes:

US 6.5
Length: 260mm
Width: 94mm

US 7.0
Length: 264mm
Width: 95mm

I'm looking for my first pair of good shoes. I live in Canada so Allen Edmonds with shipping, exchange and duties are quite expensive. Are either of those Hiro sizes okay? How much clearance am I looking for between my measurements and the last measurements?

Thanks for any help.

I ended up going with the US 7.0 in the Hiro last and the shoes fit perfectly.

atkay

Reaction score
Just ordered myself a pair of their MTO Cognac cordovan monk shoes :D Had my original Meermin monk shoes for two years now and they're last well despite being a good size and bit too small!

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered their MTO Cherry Shell cordovan boots with metal toe taps. I had also ordered their Cognac Shell cordovan monk shoes (due in May) and also the Cognac Shell cordovan longwing (due in June).
Hope they turn up gr8 :) and will share pics after delivery.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those bal boots on Elton are super nice...Just hesitant about sizing! Anyone have experience with Elton and either AE lasts, Carmina Oscar or Alfred Sargent 724? Thinking about going TTS on these.

atkay

Reaction score
I just ordered their MTO Cherry Shell cordovan boots with metal toe taps. I had also ordered their Cognac Shell cordovan monk shoes (due in May) and also the Cognac Shell cordovan longwing (due in June).
Hope they turn up gr8
smile.gif
and will share pics after delivery.
Can't wait to see how the your monk shoes come out, would be good to get a preview before mine arrive later this year :)

LeviMay

Reaction score

MTO? I have the same as well. First meermin for me. I asked to be notified before shipping so that i can add belts, but they totally forgot about it.

Yeah, MTO. Just got notified of my $82 duties charge. Hooray.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, MTO. Just got notified of my $82 duties charge. Hooray.

Don't you love the gamble when something crosses the Canadian borders? Got ripped once, 90 CAN$ of various duties on an order or 300 CAN$. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member