• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stopped by Meermin in Madrid while here on vacation. On the right is the 101341 Rapello Verde on the Hiro last UK9.5. Rather than going a full size down from my normal US10 size I only went down a HALF size. Quality is good for a 160 euro shoe before the VAT deduction but it does look like they sanded down the suede a bit too far in some areas of the shoe. I know I'm not the first person to experience this but I just wanted to point that out. For the price and the fact this will be more of a seasonal shoe than all year, I knew I wanted something a little different. Shoe on the left is from Carmina (Marron on Rain last).

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copper Old English II. I don't know if I'm being overly snobby but I feel like these shoes shouldn't pass for 1st quality. It looks damaged from the bottom of the suede with color discoloration as seen in the last two pictures. Also, the edges of the leather don't seem to be properly finished, the brogue seem to get sloppier near the quarters and the quarter leather seems to be inferior to the leather used elsewhere.Let me know if you can see what I'm talking about or if I'm crazy...

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pics Jez and Ironist. Liking the style after all, looking forward to getting mine.

I agree the suede in parts looks quite varied on yours Ironist, the suede around the laces looks quite rough.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really need to look hard for those inconsistencies. I agree with the poor finishing on edges, but suede is pretty normal. For Meermin, I am ok with that knowing the price paid.

Okay, thanks for the input. I mean the color discoloration that followed the bottom edge of the upper was the most noticeable and seemed like water damage but if that's normal then so be it.

Last edited:

nosrep123

Reaction score
Any updates on the new shells? I'm assuming we can only do Group MTO for these and not single MTO in the new shell

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my copper suedes, very happy with the colour and the end product :)

Also ordered a pair of classic line dark brown suedes. Comparing it to the copper or LM suede its softer and smoother to the touch so def a difference there, that all being said on your feet though they both just look like nice suede.

Last edited:

Jokanevad

Reaction score
Just got my copper suede old english II shoes in size 8.5UK with metal captoes! I must say I´m very impressed with the quality of the suede!
I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the GMTO, I believe it really turned out awesome!
I´d also like to take the opportunity to share my collection of Meermin with you guys.
I've been lurking in this thread for quite some time while gradually building up my collection.
I tried my best to get some good pictures to compare Meermins different lasts to the new Park last.
If you have any questions please don´t hesitate to ask!

Here are all my Meermins (+ one pair of Carmina, try guessing which one)

And here are the comparisons with other lasts
I´m a 8.5UK in all lasts except New Rey (9UK, but stay away from this one, REALLY tight).
I wish I had 9UK in Ron swell, i think its toe box is very tight.
Round lasts, left to right: Rui, Rui, Hiro, Hiro, Ron, Olfe

Square lasts, left to right: Rain, Park, New Rey

Rain 8.5UK, Park 8.5UK

Olfe 8.5UK, Park 8.5UK

Hiro 8.5UK, Park 8.5UK

Ron 8.5 UK, Park 8.5UK

Rui 8.5UK, Park 8.5UK

New Rey 9UK, Park 8.5UK

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Yeah, my toe taps look like a monkey put them on, too. Will skip that next time.

theinsomniac

Reaction score
Fantastic pics Jokanevad, and extremely useful!

That Park last is looking good. Seems to have the sleekness of the New Rey without having to worry about width issues.

I almost ordered that Carmina shoe last night as my first too. Would be very interested to know how Carmina's Rain Last fits compared to all those Meermin lasts, as you seem to have them all.

Last edited:

Maybachh

Reaction score
I reveived pair of country grain boots yesterday. I am happy with the general look of shoes, but there is some cons about quality. As you can see in pics below, there is sloppy finishing at soles and twisted seams. I sent an email to Meermin, interesting to see what is their reaction.

Twisted seam in left shoe:

Sloppy finishing in heel flap:

blackadder

Reaction score
Is it reasonable for people to complain about minor/near-invisible imperfections when these shoes are selling for at least a 25% discount compared to even the cheapest traditional Goodyear Welted brand?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads