• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nickwjd

Reaction score
After much time spent longing after Meermins, but not ready to make the splurge, I unexpectedly won a pair of seconds on the bay. Am now waiting for them to arrive. Double monks in dark brown as well, apparently the defect is a slight nick on the covering piece. Am pretty excited. :)

Win545

Reaction score

After much time spent longing after Meermins, but not ready to make the splurge, I unexpectedly won a pair of seconds on the bay. Am now waiting for them to arrive. Double monks in dark brown as well, apparently the defect is a slight nick on the covering piece. Am pretty excited. :)

Good for you. I've seen many meermin's second recently on ebay too. Unfortunately not my size. The defects are mostly little indeed.

TrackerB

Reaction score

Newbies here :)
I am considered buying the dub monks from meermin.
Could anyone provide me pictures that show most accurate color of the dark brown double monk please?
I have gone through many sources and the color i see ranges from reddish brown to kind of walnut.
Future Thanks. :worship:

Having trouble inserting my images.

These are the dark brown double monks I received

http://cdn.styleforum.net/f/fb/fbc550c1_securedownload2.jpeg

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/711511/a/408482/meermin-carmina-2nd-brand/sort/display_order

ktown

Reaction score
I just received yesterday (4/15) a pair of dark brown oxfords I ordered on 2/26. I think the shoes are nice. I also own a pair of monks from Meermin as well. The oxfords seem to have much thinner leather than the monks and my AE PA's. Is the thinner leather any indicator that the shoe is more fragile or delicate? If I want this shoe to be a workhorse shoe worn a couple times a week will the shoe wear too quickly?

I'm not an expert on shoes but I would say when I go to Nordstrom and feel the leather on say Bruno Magli's or Too Boot NY's, the leather feels similar - soft and thin. On the opposite end of the spectrum, my AE's are stiff and thick. From what I've read Bruno Magli's will wear quickly and not last very long because of the leather being this way. I'm just a little concerned that the same will happen to my new Meermin's.

Ian L

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt…
Has anybody heard from Pepe since last Thursday…? Got no respond since that time…

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would say that in the flesh they are a dark brown with a red tone.

Agreed, though red is quite prominent in sunlight.

Here are mine new:

Before a little reno recently at 40ish wears, almost all for going out, lots of abuse nothing but reno on it. For color reference, green shoe is Gaziano & Girling racing green and burgundy shoe is Edward Green Burgundy Antique. And my foot :hide:

Last edited:

Win545

Reaction score

Agreed, though red is quite prominent in sunlight.

Before a little reno recently at 40ish wears, almost all for going out, lots of abuse nothing but reno on it. For color reference, green shoe is Gaziano & Girling racing green and burgundy shoe is Edward Green Burgundy Antique. And my foot :hide:

Wow. 40 wears hold up quite nice. Will you use the saphir dark brown cream in the future?

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
I am looking at these wholecut oxfords, which are priced way lower than any similar shoe Ive seen. I like the clean lines of wholecut shoes and since it will be my first serious shoe, I want it to be versatile enough for formal functions. Can anyone comment on the fitting and lasting? I am around a US 11, although I do wear a 10.5 in certain slim, athletic shoe styles like onitsuka tigers

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1920#

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads