• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

konda

Reaction score
The last and sole measurements I received from Pepe show very little difference between the Olfe and Hiro, so it seems strange to categorize one as a U.S. B/C width and the other as D. Have you noticed that significant of a difference in your experience with both?
I'm basing this on Pepe stating that the Olfe is in between a New Rey and a Hiro. And the New Rey is pretty much a perfect B and the Hiro a D. If this is not the case and I've been misinformed (again) then... well.. to hell with it.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm basing this on Pepe stating that the Olfe is in between a New Rey and a Hiro. And the New Rey is pretty much a perfect B and the Hiro a D. If this is not the case and I've been misinformed (again) then... well.. to hell with it.

Don't you worry, your boots will fit just fine!
You been invoiced yet?

Ankor

Reaction score
I just received a snuff belt I ordered. The belt seemed to be good quality; however, it was 1 1/2'' - 2'' shorter than ordered.

I got two Meermin belts: mid-brown calf and dark brown suede. Mid-brown color pictured on website quite perfectly, very nice reddish hue. Suede is nice as well but it is slightly darker than one used for CL shoes.
Stitching is flawless.

Sizing is perfect on my belts — I ordered 32" and got exactly 32". I decided to get 34" because of calidist's note but Sandro told me belts are TTS and he was right.

Communication is great — Luisa answers next day or earlier (even on weekend!), Sandro usually responds the same day and there was no slowdown after payment or shipping as someone wrote here.

I also purchased dark brown chukka boots that was in stock. They are great — stitching is even, welt finishing is nice. Comparing to Septieme Largeur derby I bought on sale Meermin wins hands down in terms of attention to details. Suede is nice but not outstanding. Color is not as dark as on website, more brown. I like it.

I was ready to wait but in fact Sandro contacted me next day after order and package was sent in two days after we had discussed all details. I believe it is fast enough.

Overall I am happy and will buy more because price is so fair and communication so good. I'm not crazy about their calf models to be honest, but like suede shoes design very much. However, I would like to see some better suede (like one that Carmina use) so I want more LM suede models.

alboo

Reaction score
My problem with Meermin is that wait is for a shoe on their web retail site, Not a Made To Order. They said thirty days and I still didn't have them so I canceled and went with a bootmaker Made to Order. I will definitely go back to Meermin. I think they have some beautiful lasts. They are adding additional leathers and shoes on their website. I really like Pepe.

Win545

Reaction score
Newbies here
smile.gif

I am considered buying the dub monks from meermin.
Could anyone provide me pictures that show most accurate color of the dark brown double monk please?
I have gone through many sources and the color i see ranges from reddish brown to kind of walnut.
Future Thanks.
worship.gif

Claus

Reaction score

Could anyone provide me pictures that show most accurate color of the dark brown double monk please?
I have gone through many sources and the color i see ranges from reddish brown to kind of walnut.

This is very hard to do. You'd need all pieces in the chain – from the camera to your monitor – color-calibrated.

Otherwise, someone else might say: "This is the true color!" But he's saing this because on his monitor the image happens to look like the true color. What you see on your monitor is probably going to be quite different.

Aieyric

Reaction score

Newbies here :)
Future Thanks. :worship:

I would say that in the flesh they are a dark brown with a red tone.

mikeharo

Reaction score

Newbies here :)
Future Thanks. :worship:

My dark brown double monks are coming in less than 15 days, if you can wait I will certainly post pictures when I get them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads