1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

2. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

In about 10 days

3. tomrakewell

tomrakewell Well-Known Member

That's what I do. Renovateur occasionally. Combination of saphir cream and wax polish ... and a few drops of water now and then between application of the wax.

4. tomrakewell

They are the first run of Museum calf MTOs. The Olfe last suits my feet (almost) ideallly.

5. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

Yeah, mine are the first run of the museum calf as well. How many times have you worn them? I've worn mine max 5 times or so.

6. nickwjd

nickwjd Well-Known Member

I need a bit of reverse sizing help here, hoping you guys can help out.

I have a pair of the Meermin Hiro double monks in UK10. I wear it on the tightest hole on the buckle nearest to the ankle, and if I push my foot forward, I can make about 2-3mm of space between my heel and the shoe. I have a bit of heel lift in this shoe, because my heels are narrow I think, but width wise up front, I wouldn't want it smaller as I have somewhat flat and wide feet.

I'm now looking at a pair of Loakes in the Capital last. Should I get UK9.5F with these or stick with UK10F?

7. tomrakewell

Haven't kept track accurately, but I would guess no less than 6 full days (6am to 6pm) and a couple of shorter wears (around 3-4 hours each).

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Active Member

9. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

10. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

Don't have a Meermin (yet) but I have a Loake in the Capital (10.5UK). When I asked Luisa for sizing advice in the Hiro (the DM), she recommended the same. To my eye, the Hiro could turn out a little bit smaller than the Capital, which is quite 'generous'.

11. eyeofthetig3r

eyeofthetig3r Active Member

I'm selling a brand new pair of Meermin Chukkas in size 8UK if anyone is interested.

12. nickwjd

nickwjd Well-Known Member

Good to know. I've heard the Capital is a generous last as well. I guess what I need to know then is, how big a difference is there between a 9.5 and 10. Meermin's site seems to suggest it's about 4mm in length and only 1mm in width. Thanks tho!

13. nmfa

nmfa Member

I have two pairs of Loake Aldwych and one pair of Loake Pimlico , all in UK9.5F Capital last. I consider my feet flat and broad and the Capital last suit my feet very well.

I resently purchased a pair of Meermin DM on the Hiro last in UK9.5. They were extreamly tight, on the border of not possibly to use (most of you would probably never consider keeping them). I though had a significant heel slip that has partly dissapeard with time. Though they are extreamly tight I can use them after I have stretched them out after some use with wet socks.

At the same time I ordered a pair of boots on the Rui last and I had the oppertunity to change the size of those to a UK 10 before they were delivered. Those fit as a glove in UK 10 and there is no heal slip or tightness anywere. A perfect match.

/M

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  14. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Very helpful, thanks.

15. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Bump?

16. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

@mrjester: why don't you write to Luisa? She's very helpful and I think you will got the response way faster [​IMG], she'll probably ask you to measure your foot and gave her some measurements in mm, that way she can tell you which size would be best for you.

17. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

I'll email her. Just figured someone had a similar situation.

I want those chukkas. But I hate paying fees that go to people other than who I bought it from or the store brand (which happens to be the same for Meermin).

18. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

Tell that to me... shipping to Mexico kinda loose the attractive price, cause yeap they discount me the VAT, but I pay aprox 30% import duties... so... [​IMG]

19. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

Is there anyone that's familiar with both the Rain last (carmina) and the Hiro last and can compare the fit in length and width?

20. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Is the MTO always +100 over the Maestro price? Even if its from the classica line?