• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

styleconsultant

Reaction score
Hi Johan,

First of all you have to diferentiate between Meermin's lasts. In the classic line they're sewed by machine, the Linea Maestro ones are sewed by hand, and the calfs are quite better.

Comparing to Carmina or C&J, it would not be fair to compare the meermin's classic line with these other brands. But if you compare the Maestro Line, the quality on the lasts, the details and the calfs is quite similar with a better price. The main problem that Meermin has on this line is maybe the lack of different models and maybe that most of the shoes are built over the New Rey last, maybe too much narrow for me.

In fact, one of my next articles will be a comparison between my meermin's legate oxford and another oxford I have from Carmina.

I share with you the review I did on the legate oxfords from Meermin (New Rey last).

http://www.style-consultant.info/2012/10/mostrando-modelo-legate-de-la-linea.html

You can translate it into english by clicking on the flags :)

Regards,

R.M.
www.style-consultant.info

itraxx

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of classic line dark brown double monks. Has anyone else recently ordered a pair and could potentially advise on potential the wait time? Cheers

steffenbp11

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of suedes in the classic line on april 2 after inquireing if they were in stock i my size - which they were according to Lisa. she said they would ship within a week. But so far, all I can see is that they were introduced to their system on the 9th. So even for items in stock there is some delay. My best bet is anything less than a month is unusual

Silhouette

Reaction score
Hi Johan,

First of all you have to diferentiate between Meermin's lasts. In the classic line they're sewed by machine, the Linea Maestro ones are sewed by hand, and the calfs are quite better.

Comparing to Carmina or C&J, it would not be fair to compare the meermin's classic line with these other brands. But if you compare the Maestro Line, the quality on the lasts, the details and the calfs is quite similar with a better price. The main problem that Meermin has on this line is maybe the lack of different models and maybe that most of the shoes are built over the New Rey last, maybe too much narrow for me.

Regards,

R.M.

Hi R.M.

Don't worry, I understand spanish to some extent
smile.gif
and don't need to translate it. Good posts, informative and comprehensive.

Is there any way that you could coerce Pepe and have him add more models in brown calf to their RTWselection?
cool.gif

Kind regards,
Johan.

Val720

Reaction score
Greetings Gents-

Long time lurker here with a question regarding one of Meermin's lasts, The Elton. I came across it on Ebay (link below) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this particular last since I did not see it listed on the company's website.

I'm somewhat skeptical about the listing which is why I chose to pose the question to the community.

Many thanks,

Val

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEERMIN-Mal...9104093?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a8035ab5d

Val720

Reaction score
I'm looking for consensus on the following options: Kent Wang bench-grade shoes versus Meermin in general. I like that Meermin offers a MTM at a reasonable cost. My concern is whether the quality of Meermin (though very high rivals Kent Wang's bench grade shoes).
I'm also curious to know how these two brands stack up against each other in terms of craftsmanship, value, etc..

styleconsultant

Reaction score
Hi R.M.

Don't worry, I understand spanish to some extent
smile.gif
and don't need to translate it. Good posts, informative and comprehensive.

Is there any way that you could coerce Pepe and have him add more models in brown calf to their RTWselection?
cool.gif

Kind regards,
Johan.

Hi Johan,

I'm in contact with him to write an interview for the blog, but I don't know if I have so much influence!

However, I know that they're working on new models to fix the low options they offer right now.

R.M.

Dillardiv

Reaction score

Just ordered a pair of classic line dark brown double monks. Has anyone else recently ordered a pair and could potentially advise on potential the wait time? Cheers

Mine just arrived in Newark according to Fedex. I placed my order on March 12.

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about J A Ramis shoes? They seem to be a meermin second brand only available in Japan

adampaul

Reaction score
Quote: Thirded! I'm very much on the fence between the two brands. Although I'd like to bring up the comparison between Kent Wang's handgrade (specifically, the brogues http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/handgrade-brogue.html in brown) and Meermin's Linea Maestro (specifically, model 102461 http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2723 but in dark brown, which could also be described as model 102390 http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2353 but on the olfe last, which according to Al in Philly's exchange with Pepe, will hopefully be available soon as a regular model instead of MTO).

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you really drum up 44 people for an mto just on SF alone ? Impressive :slayer:

Not me! I got a paltry 13 orders. (With one pending!)
Terrorsquad's the man on point for the Phillip II. Tho to be fair, its such an awesome makeup I think he could have doubled that number

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads