• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge: MC does SW&D - YOUR WINNER ANNOUNCED

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't got a clue who these people are*:

Armfelt, FieldofOrdinary, jeisurii, KitAkira, mmmmm, notwithit, ranker, West Indian Archie, willy cheesesteak

but I like them. I can only wish for double figures now. Thank you.

*) Except for KitAkira who gives me much needed Premier League advice.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
I haven't got a clue who these people are*:

Armfelt, FieldofOrdinary, jeisurii, KitAkira, mmmmm, notwithit, ranker, West Indian Archie, willy cheesesteak

Probably just as well in my case; my last couple pics in SW&D WAYWT would make your eyes hurt.
uhoh.gif

I'm not sure who some of those people are either, but it might be worthwhile for MCers to check out some willy cheesesteak WAYWTs. He consistently puts together good fits, and he pulls off a boot-tuck better than most.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
PS cool, I feel your pain but you are really acting butthurt. Every post I see here from you is about how there's too much dogpiling blah blah when you first joined. We get it, you got destroyed when you first joined.

Meh... I know my steez isn't WAYWT worthy yet, but I think I'm making headway.

In any case, the underlying point remains.... it's goofy for a dogpiler to ask why anyone, esp a MCer, wouldn't want to seek advice from SW&D

Originally Posted by notwithit
I'm not sure who some of those people are either, but it might be worthwhile for MCers to check out some willy cheesesteak WAYWTs. He consistently puts together good fits, and he pulls off a boot-tuck better than most.

Yea his fits are always great and very NY (I think he's from NY)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
statements like this are why you annoy the **** out of everyone. people don't even talk like that in movies.

Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Meh... I know my steez isn't WAYWT worthy yet, but I think I'm making headway.

In any case, the underlying point remains.... it's goofy for a dogpiler to ask why anyone, esp a MCer, wouldn't want to seek advice from SW&D

Yea his fits are always great and very NY
(I think he's from NY)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
btw tto looks cool. just went through again, thanks for the lolz. boot cuts and ferragamo loafers are the ****,

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably just as well in my case; my last couple pics in SW&D WAYWT would make your eyes hurt.
uhoh.gif

I just checked, and I have to admit the halloween outfit did have that effect on me...

Thanks. I'll start checking that thread every now and then. This "MC - SW&D confrontation" has been interesting. I might even post something.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I just checked, and I have to admit the halloween outfit did have that effect on me...

Your fault for looking. And especially your fault for clicking when I wrapped it in spoiler tags.

Thanks. I'll start checking that thread every now and then. This "MC - SW&D confrontation" has been interesting. I might even post something.

Rad. (0)

I'm cheering for a conversion to all-out gothninja in six months.
devil.gif
(8)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your fault for looking. And especially your fault for clicking when I wrapped it in spoiler tags.

True. Curiosity...

Rad. (0)

I'm cheering for a conversion to all-out gothninja in six months.
devil.gif
(8)

Yeah!... er, I think. Until then I'll just use this for every word; not that that really helps. Are you saying: "I'm looking forward to seeing you speak and dress perfectly SW&D in six months"?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Are you saying: "I'm looking forward to seeing you speak and dress perfectly SW&D in six months"?

Goth-ninja is a niche aesthetic here (more popular on Style Zeitgeist) that involves a lot of black, drapey fabrics, layering, exaggeration of proportions, weird construction details, &c. Kunk's non-suit fits and some of Snake's stuff are decent examples (I'm sure there are more that don't occur to me off the top of my head). Rick Owens and Ann Demeulemeester (I'm probably butchering that) are probably ok representatives of the design. I'm sure someone else here could explain it far better than I can.

I was saying that a full conversion to a look that most people find somewhat bizarre and costumey from an MC-er would be kind of amazing, but I added an (8) on the sarcasm meter (zero to ten, with ten being entirely sarcastic).

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goth-ninja is a niche aesthetic here (more popular on Style Zeitgeist) that involves a lot of black, drapey fabrics, layering, exaggeration of proportions, weird construction details, &c. Kunk's non-suit fits and some of Snake's stuff are decent examples (I'm sure there are more that don't occur to me off the top of my head). Rick Owens and Ann Demeulemeester (I'm probably butchering that) are probably ok representatives of the design. I'm sure someone else here could explain it far better than I can.

I was saying that a full conversion to a look that most people find somewhat bizarre and costumey from an MC-er would be kind of amazing, but I added an (8) on the sarcasm meter (zero to ten, with ten being entirely sarcastic).

Ah, thank you very much for the explanation.
I'm sure I'll convert to that style in no time. (9)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you actually spelled ann d. perfectly
smile.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ann day-mule-mee-stir

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and carol christian poell is

carol christian peel

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads