• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - for those of you who will be making it to our trunk show and are interested in dinner/drinks afterwards (that's May 9), any ideas of where to go, and it would also be nice to have a head count?

I don't know any spots but if you guys guide me, I can make reservations, etc...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - for those of you who will be making it to our trunk show and are interested in dinner/drinks afterwards (that's May 9), any ideas of where to go, and it would also be nice to have a head count?

I don't know any spots but if you guys guide me, I can make reservations, etc...
@lordsuperb made res for 8:00PM at Clyde's (on M Street in G-Town) I believe. Will let him chime in...

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@lordsuperb made res for 8:00PM at Clyde's (on M Street in G-Town) I believe. Will let him chime in...

Yeah, I booked for Clydes given that they are reasonably priced and can hold a large party. I also didn't know everyone's price point and wanted a decent turn out. The ambiance isn't the greatest but the food is solid and can hold a large party. Can always cancel and give you a list of restaurants that may catch your eye.

Chez Billy Sud was the first choice recommended by the @professor but they can only hold a party of 6 in their bistro. They offer private dining for larger parties but they need a two week notice and would need a down payment.

La Chaumiere and La Bonne Vache are some other French bistros that caught my eye.

If you are really interested in trying some tasty bites outside of Georgetown I would recommend Lapis and Sababa Uptown.

Let me know, we are agile.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I booked for Clydes given that they are reasonably priced and can hold a large party. I also didn't know everyone's price point and wanted a decent turn out. The ambiance isn't the greatest but the food is solid and can hold a large party. Can always cancel and give you a list of restaurants that may catch your eye.

Chez Billy Sud was the first choice recommended by the @professor but they can only hold a party of 6 in their bistro. They offer private dining for larger parties but they need a two week notice and would need a down payment.

La Chaumiere and La Bonne Vache are some other French bistros that caught my eye.

If you are really interested in trying some tasty bites outside of Georgetown I would recommend Lapis and Sababa Uptown.

Let me know, we are agile.
That sounds good to me. I don’t have much of an opinion, knowing nothing about what’s around there. I do prefer to stay not too far from our HQ at the Sonder…

Did you guys already come up with a headcount? On our end, it’s just Gianluca and I

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DC Crew we are doing dinner on May 9th @ Clyde's in Georgetown. Greg Lellouche, NMWA, and Gianluca, Pommella Napoli, will also be gracing us with their presence.

We will be seated at 8pm. If you plan attending please click the like button or reply to this message.

Thank You,
Superb
In for dinner! (And likely drinks at the bar before hand?)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DC Crew we are doing dinner on May 9th @ Clyde's in Georgetown. Greg Lellouche, NMWA, and Gianluca, Pommella Napoli, will also be gracing us with their presence.

We will be seated at 8pm. If you plan attending please click the like button or reply to this message.

Thank You,
Superb
I'm in for dinner.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank You,
Superb
I'm in!

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank You,
Superb
Can confirm now I will be going.
1714239956450.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads