• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge: MC does SW&D - YOUR WINNER ANNOUNCED

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
If there were more classy guys like him here LA would be a much better place.
Originally Posted by lynnabelone
Well, i also developed a kind of hair style which i called magnum it's like a shining with the sunlight and gives you confidence, to walk in the field of ramp.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
SpooPoker, mainly cause of that coat and the fact that everything fit decently. If the turtleneck were replaced maybe with a black dress shirt and the pants replaced w/something more casual it would have been a shoein.

So if he changed almost everything he was wearing, he'd be a shoein?
eh.gif

Though that jacket was pretty good. Anything with fur gets the thumbs up from me.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo's fit is pretty dope, I don't know why he's getting so few votes.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
totally agree. i have argued the one man/one voat approach a lot. if you know how to dress, you know how to dress - you dont need to win a competition or get pity voats from a competition to validate that you know how to dress.

lol @ me being mad. hardly my man - hardly. i read the entire post. the poster (forgot who) praised his scarf, pipe etc ... but also mentioned his whips. what has his whips got to do with his fit for the competition? that was my point. and btw ... i think he was one of the best to do the challenge, so its not like i am bashing him. he will get my voat when i do voat.

w.r.t your other point - i spent a couple hours in SW&D's picture thread ... all 90 pages of it ... and i came away with about only 5 fits of note. 5 in 90 pages? come on son. maybe the great posters of SW&D werent posting in those 90 pages, because only 2 or 3 people caught my eye as having style. so its hard to accuse us of not understanding the philosophy when the fits supposed to portray the said philosophy were pretty terrible to start with. aeglus agreed and mentioned another thread (pictures and discussion) that would better represent SW&D. i plan to check that out later tonight or tomorrow.

i believe in versatility, and would have no problems doing SW&D right on weekends/holidays. however, i dont believe this nonsense of we are missing the point. the fits there were mostly terrible.

you just justified my initial post. Baron's fit hardly showed his break because of the camera angle. So how did you conclude that he has the best old dude break (if not from historical posts).

I have nothing against Baron. I wasnt here when he was great, nor have i seen a lot of his past great fits. I understand he has built some clout/following based on fits he used to post and i respect that, plus he is a very handsome man (no ****) ... but to try to dispute that his history/looks dont go into the praise his fit got is ridiculous.

anyway, if for nothing at all, this has motivated me to start poasting in SW&D on weekends/holidays. you will have ample opportunity to bash my SW&D style
smile.gif

SW&D WAYWT has in fact declined terribly. I used to be inspired by several fits every day, and now there's nothing good.

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
Finally, with threads like this making the headlines, border straddling posters like me can come back out of the DT cave once in a while! I love MC & SW&D clothing, but my subsequent taste never really feels like it fits in with either, and I end up think that groupthink from each side will subsequently bash every little part of my outfits.

Also, there's an unusual amount of
inlove.gif
in this thread...
Originally Posted by luftvier
Nah guys, this was a fun crossover, but I am crawling back into my MC cave.
laugh.gif

Thank you, now please **** off!

Ok, I'm right again.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Though that jacket was pretty good. Anything with fur gets the thumbs up from me.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by AR_Six
I thought Spoo's was one of the worst ones, personally.

ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by Listi
Spoo's fit is pretty dope, I don't know why he's getting so few votes.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
I think luftvier wins the gold medal for most insecure SFer, as well as a special booby prize for repeating the moronic dogma that the 'elements of style' are timeless when all you can do when looking at him is wonder why he's dressed up as an extra from Boardwalk Empire.
+1

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
This gives me hope if I ever decide on settling down. Not to be a total dick about the submissions but mostly it was like scrolling through ratemypoo.com. I remember when more MCers would often post their casual fits on SW&D. It worked both ways as they would get constructive criticism from us and we'd get to see "stodgier" brands incorporated into casual fits. Huntsman, for example, used to do it really well while other members like Baron and Get Smart would sort of sit on the border and offer both. My Bruder needs to post more often, too, because can style SW&D-friendly brands into more mature (es tut mir leid...) looks. His fits should be a how-to on dressing casually in MC for those afraid of SW&D brands. Point being, MCers are doing themselves a disservice by only listening to each other in an area where they're clearly rather uncomfortable if not clueless. Obviously, people are inclined to spend more time in an interest they deal with daily but I didn't run to the Mens Warehouse for a suit because I couldn't be bothered to spend five minutes in MC.
People are only willing to endure so much of having their fits called "poo" before deciding that putting themselves at the mercy of the SW&D council is not worth it. For people who primarily wear SW&D and gain more from the value of this place as a resource, it's more worth gritting and bearing. For people who might get a little casual on a Saturday, subjecting themselves to "wow, nearly all these guys are either fat or hideous or dressed badly or some combination. nyr, moo and aeglus look pretty good, and baron, but jesus, looks mostly like a bunch of upper east side assholes." over and over until they get it right would make no sense. There's a senseless element of hazing and dogpiling that really permeates through and detracts from SW&D

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
There's a senseless element of hazing and dogpiling that really permeates through and detracts from SW&D

Its the same thing for n00bs in MC WAYWRN. I guess we found a common ground
lol8[1].gif

...and I said it before and Ill say it again - dachshunds FTMTFW
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ffffuuuu.gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Its the same thing for n00bs in MC WAYWRN. I guess we found a common ground
lol8[1].gif

...and I said it before and Ill say it again - dachshunds FTMTFW
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

You might want to go a little easy on the
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
unless you want to usurp Luftvier and Magician's metalhead steeze.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
SW&D WAYWT has in fact declined terribly. I used to be inspired by several fits every day, and now there's nothing good.
Just curious what you were inspired by. You're the dude wearing weejuns in the cemetary right?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I liked fits by you, robbie, Get Smart, Brutus, SuperBobo, and others. I guess what I miss is the time before baller philosophy.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Spoo's scarf really killed the fit for me. I liked it otherwise, but like a lot of the fits, it was the one element that knocked it down a notch.

In general, I'd like to see shorter odd jackets when paired with denim, and either slimmer hems or chunkier shoes.

I couldn't vote for aeglus, since he's a ringer. I kind of feel the same about moo, but he's also posted that jacket in every fit as of late.

NOBD, artoftime, Kaplan, and Baron all got my vote.

It would be nice to see less dickishness from both crowds, and luftvier's constant trolling (both his fit and his posts) are kind of obnoxious.

And y'all MC-ers should look for WAYWTs from berlin report and Phat Guido as "real" adults who consistently post awesome fits (although Phat Guido's fits are usually a mash-up of SW&D and MC).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads