• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best Trad - Who did it best? VOTE!!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
aeglus:
Originally Posted by aeglus
woe that's a great pic but I'm not really convinced by the color selection. The trousers are where it gets to be just too much. well it's not quite trad, but I figure madras tie, button down shirt and 2.5 roll suit is sorta trad
tumblr_lhvofjuHyj1qcq3ab

[/SPOILER] Threadbearer:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I say, lovey! Shall we go yachting this weekend?
longshot-2.jpg
Feet-32.jpg
Closeup-75.jpg

[/SPOILER] jwmbro:
Originally Posted by jwmbro
Okay, going at this as a double outsider. Here's my take as both a neophyte who is fairly clueless about men's fashion, and as a European, who doesn't encounter trad locally. By all means don't hold back with criticism, having read the "glory days" thread, I feel I should state I am looking to learn, and can take harsh criticism (which is probably very appropriate if anybody is willing to give it to me, but you gotta start somewhere).
WAYWRN2_trad.jpg

[/SPOILER] upr_crust:
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Channelling my inner WASPitude, I have tried to come up with something properly Trad, even though I do not own the essential sack suit, since I look enough like a sack without my suits doing it for me. At least everything I am wearing today, save for the belt and the handkerchief, is from Brooks - what could be more Trad than that?
IMGP0214488x1280.jpg
IMGP0209851x1280.jpg
IMGP0210851x1280.jpg

[/SPOILER] LilacCords:
Originally Posted by LilacCords
Friday Challenge... Trad or preppy not sure which... nevertheless.... today.... this is how I roll..... Have a great weekend.
TRAD.jpg
TRAD2.jpg
TRAD3.jpg
TRAD4.jpg

[/SPOILER] acridsheep:
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Just a little tug on the shirt slee... snap Damn.
as111.jpg
as112.jpg
I don't really do trad, so this is close as I get for the challenge.

[/SPOILER] hobscrk77:
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
My entry for today's challenge.
InidU.jpg
yXhmX.jpg
pkRfd.jpg
E0jT2.jpg

[/SPOILER] ManofKent:
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Not being an American I don't really do Trad. Still to semi-show willing as Trad is basically bastardized English Countrywear, I wore that instead
fight[1].gif
20110311_detail.jpg
20110311_main.jpg
20110311_shoes.jpg
For those that care (nothing very special): Shoes: Grenson Rose 'Radley', Uniqlo checked cords, Brook Taverner doeskin vest, BT/Robert Noble SC, Baulmer shirt, Fumagalli Tie, Hardy Amies PS
MBreinin:
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Sack Attack!!! Vintage Brooks Sack Polo OCBD Vintage Brooks Bow Vintage Florsheim Imperials in Shell. Have a good one! Mike
SackItToYa5.JPG
SackItToYa2.JPG
SackItToYa3.JPG
SackItToYa4.JPG
TTO:
Originally Posted by TTO
Tra(d)gedy -TTO
AlanC:
Originally Posted by AlanC
Tradtastic!
img4293.jpg
img4294.jpg
img4298.jpg
img4301.jpg
img4302.jpg
img4304.jpg
Filson 257 JCrew ivy cap JPress schoolboy scarf Lafont Concertos Hamilton for L.L. Bean windup watch (made in USA-vintage) with BB grosgrain strap BBBF OCBD Panta bowtie vintage shawl collar cardigan ('The Monster') Zegna cashco cords Venanzi argyles Nettleton longwings--vintage NOS
Orgetorix:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
DSCF7300.jpg
DSCF7302.jpg
DSCF7304.jpg
BB 3/2 sack 3-patch blazer BB OCBD J Press wool tartan tie BB khakis, turned up Target argyle socks Nettleton shell tassel loafers
in stitches:
Originally Posted by in stitches
Trad is def not my thing, as a matter of I don't think I have ever tried it before. Thanks to the Friday Challenge I am giving it a whirl. I grabbed everything Brooks Brothers I could find, a little seersucker I feel spring coming, and this is what i came up with. Big O, I hope is at least close to Trad.
2011-03-11_09-19-14_912.jpg
2011-03-11_09-17-34_345.jpg
Have good weekend boyz
Fred49:
Originally Posted by Fred49
I forgot today is prep day. Me doing prep
fredfit.gif
Its all in the shoes!!
Thin White Duke:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
Never done Trad before, here's my shot:
2d0b9ja.jpg
Membership has its priveleges!
11ugi81.jpg
BB cotton sack blazer Tyrwhitt tie Bachrach shirt (sorry I hate button downs! Does that DQ me?) J Press PS BB Milano chinos Florsheim bucks
UrbanComposition:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Steps 1-3: Wake up. Drink some Peets. Get my Thurston on.
P1070163.jpg
Step 4-?: Sit out tsunami warning
ffffuuuu.gif
P1070199.jpg
banis:
Originally Posted by banis
Can this be somehow considered as a Trad attire? It is not what I was actually wearing today. Maybe from a couple of weeks ago.
172504--40090923-m750x740-u5c634.jpg
172504--40056919-m750x740-u7f499.jpg
3-patch navy jacket without the front dart with white MOP buttons (don't know whether it maybe called sack) BB OCBD NOS Panta repp tie Uniqlo chinos rolled-up Carmina shell monkstrap

Eustace:
Originally Posted by Eustace
The Whole World Has To Answer Right Now Just To Tell You Once Again...Who's Trad?
005.jpg
004.jpg
006.jpg

harvey_birdman:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
My trad entry
trad.png
J. Press suit BB OCBD University Crest tie Standing in front of a bunch of books, which I figure is worth at least 1 or 2 points on the tradometer.

NewYorkRanger:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I hate that the challenges are Fridays. So, had to configure a trad get up while going a bit more casual, so we have Brooklyn Blue Collar Trad All items made in the USA and are somewhat tradly...Red Wing Boots, Bills Khakis (these are the slim ones) and Schott OCBD. The waist could use a nip, I look like a fat bastard...looked better untucked.
IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg
Not pictured Paul Stuart Raincoat...

spoozy:
Originally Posted by spoozy
CONTEST ENTRY: TRAD or MAD?
5517994087_c5809053e4_z.jpg
5517989703_f14693dbfd_z.jpg
5517984457_5aa9d9c01a_z.jpg
5518573474_4a040765aa_z.jpg
5518562694_67c3828251_z.jpg

Parker:
Originally Posted by Parker
"Trad" entry:
trad2.jpg
teacha.gif

PTWilliams:
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Im not really sure this is Trad, not sure this is Friday, not sure this is WAYWRN, just not really sure of anything.... (reposted because attachments are a pain. )
K10Im.jpg
QU7Yh.jpg
9GUUI.jpg

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
spoiler tags
inlove.gif

That ***** nice and clean.

By the way - I just had you clicked for a vote, but for some reason it unclicked when I hit submit - If it comes down to the wire on you, let it be known your shown number should be plus 1 from me.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why aren't you up there, Spoo?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Why aren't you up there, Spoo?

I felt my entry was too perfect of a trad look, so I didnt want to show these guys up.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I felt my entry was too perfect of a trad look, so I didnt want to show these guys up.
laugh.gif
I was trying to find you to vote for...now I'll actually have to take everyone else's outfits into consideration.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
laugh.gif
I was trying to find you to vote for...now I'll actually have to take everyone else's outfits into consideration.

Simple enough, vote for me.
smile.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Simple enough, vote for me.
smile.gif

Sorry, the learned and erudite vibe I got from Harvey's pic had me sold. I like your look though.

BBC

Reaction score
Mike's the clear winner with UC coming in second - most of the rest aren't even in the right ballpark.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBC
Mike's the clear winner with UC coming in second - most of the rest aren't even in the right ballpark.

So extraordinarily disappointed you didnt show.
frown.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif
My Friday post explicity wasn't Trad...
eh.gif

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
eh.gif
My Friday post explicity wasn't Trad...
eh.gif

Not being an American I don't really do Trad. Still to semi-show willing as Trad is basically bastardized English Countrywear, I wore that instead
I thought that was a disclaimer for participation, no? edit - you are still ahead of most of the pack anyhow
smile.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I thought that was a disclaimer for participation, no?

edit - you are still ahead of most of the pack anyhow
smile.gif

No a disclaimer for posting, not for participation - not that it matters
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads