• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any snowboarders?

premo

Reaction score
I ride Burton Custom X, Co2 and Ion.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is times like this that I really wish I didn't live in Chicago (would be fine with being back in Minneapolis)

Went to a wisconsin "resort" last weekend and had a great time. Not to **** up your snowboarding thread with skis but I raced for several years and skied all my life...I just prefer it. If I were back in MN where I could drive to a dinky ski-hill in a few minutes I would work on my snowboarding a bit more (I am pretty bad...especially compared to my years of coached ski practice).

Place had a really nice half pipe and some decent hits in the terrain park. Still got a giant bruise on my left ass cheek (I spin to the left so if I miss a landing, that is where I hit) but I had a good time.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great pics Wes. I'm heading to Park City in a few weeks, really pumped. Going to try to get over to Snowbird.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Great pics Wes. I'm heading to Park City in a few weeks, really pumped. Going to try to get over to Snowbird.

Tks dood. Snap some pics of your trip and post em up if you can. And let us know how that Arbor works out for you.
fing02[1].gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Tks dood. Snap some pics of your trip and post em up if you can. And let us know how that Arbor works out for you.
fing02[1].gif

I rode it a few weeks ago in Vail but my stance the first day wasn't wide enough. Once I got that ironed out my legs were toast and my riding was lazy. Looking forward to having fresh legs.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I rode it a few weeks ago in Vail but my stance the first day wasn't wide enough. Once I got that ironed out my legs were toast and my riding was lazy. Looking forward to having fresh legs.

Ha! Funny you mention stance; I'd been riding +15/+6 since forever (93?). For whatever reason, I decided to try a slight duck stance (-6 in the back) 2 years ago. Amazing what a difference it made. And I was just thinking I should widen it a bit too next time I head out...

So, when are you gonna share some pow turns with Luca? Btw, since you mentioned Jones boards, their 2012 lineup looks siiiiiiiiiick!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As anyone been out to Park City to board? I've heard good things about Snowbird and I'm wondering if its worth the hassle (I'm staying in PC) to take the bus over to SB.

Thanks.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late to the party.

Boards:
-Burton Mololo 162
-Voile Mojo 166 (splitboard)

Boots: Burton Driver X

Bindings: Burton C60

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I'll be in Park City starting tomorrow evening. If anyone wants to meet up to board during this coming weekend let me know.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There is a huge storm on its way right here now. There will probably be snow for a good month or more in Tahoe.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
There is a huge storm on its way right here now. There will probably be snow for a good month or more in Tahoe.

A good friend fought her way through the storm last weekend and was rewarded with waist-deep powder at Kirkwood, got fresh tracks all the way to the last lift.

libertine1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bant
I can't say enough good things about the Rome Mod for all mountain riding - good pick if you're down with regular camber.

But next year I am itching for the lib tech t rice pro CB2TX. burton boards are overpriced crap IMHO

My friend had a Rome to years ago and it completely self destructed to pieces on the first few runs, he was devestated. Anyhow I'm looking for a new board heard good things about the Mod so will check it out.

yarnsforth

Reaction score
Riding a Forum Warrior 160, Ride SPI bindings, Burton Sabbath boots.

chiggah

Reaction score
What's a good online store to check out snowboarding gear? Preferably cheap prices and reliable international shipping. A shop that does combo deals on clothing, goggles, board bindings etc.. the works..

Ebay? yay or nay?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads