1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Any snowboarders?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by whnay., Jan 28, 2011.

1. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

There is a huge storm on its way right here now. There will probably be snow for a good month or more in Tahoe.

2. binge

binge Well-Known Member

There is a huge storm on its way right here now. There will probably be snow for a good month or more in Tahoe.

A good friend fought her way through the storm last weekend and was rewarded with waist-deep powder at Kirkwood, got fresh tracks all the way to the last lift.

3. libertine1

libertine1 Member

I can't say enough good things about the Rome Mod for all mountain riding - good pick if you're down with regular camber.

But next year I am itching for the lib tech t rice pro CB2TX. burton boards are overpriced crap IMHO

My friend had a Rome to years ago and it completely self destructed to pieces on the first few runs, he was devestated. Anyhow I'm looking for a new board heard good things about the Mod so will check it out.

4. yarnsforth

yarnsforth Well-Known Member

Riding a Forum Warrior 160, Ride SPI bindings, Burton Sabbath boots.

5. chiggah

chiggah Well-Known Member

What's a good online store to check out snowboarding gear? Preferably cheap prices and reliable international shipping. A shop that does combo deals on clothing, goggles, board bindings etc.. the works..

Ebay? yay or nay?

6. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

7. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

I cannot believe the season is nearly upon us again. Thinking of hitting up Brighton this year based on favorable reviews.

8. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Well-Known Member

Let it puke!

Received my new outerwear kit the other week: Burton AK 3L Hover jkt in Smurf Blue and 2L Stagger pants in Black.

[​IMG]

Really dope, but I might make some changes after visiting a local shop this past weekend... I have a pair of Burton Vent pants in Grayeen on the way because I'm not 100% on how the Staggers fit. The new AK ergo fit feels a bit restrictive in the waist/hips and seat. I tried a size up and it was way too big. Otoh, Vent pants fit exactly as I like.

Hover jkt might be replaced with a 2L Cyclic in the same color. Fondled one and it's really nice.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  9. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

Nice - I heard that stuff is super warm in extreme temps.

Only new acquisition thus far this year has been a new pair of Nike Kaiju boots.

[​IMG]

Already firmed up for two trips out west - Park City first week of December and Vail last week of January.

10. Wes Bourne

Nah, not warm at all. The jkt is about as waterproof as they come though, but zero insulation; 3L fabric's not even lined. Pants don't have any actual insulation, but the material is quite burly/heavy so they should provide some warmth.

Well done on those Nikes. I kinda like these Vapens in an ugly/cool sorta way:

[​IMG]

2 trips this year? Fuck. You.

11. Wes Bourne

12. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

I must have my Burton tech confused. In any case nice going.

Ha. Nothing for you planned yet?

13. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

Playful style - good shit. Have you watched Art of Flight yet? Ridiculous...

14. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Well-Known Member

Tried it once. It's expensive (70 bucks for lift tickets? WTF) Rental gear. Hell of a workout, though. Don't see myself driving to mountains for this.

15. otc

otc Well-Known Member

damn...the way he turns...its almost like watching a skier

16. Wes Bourne

With a 10 month old at home, my wife and I figure we'll be lucky if we manage to squeeze a dozen or so days out of the whole season. Def no trips this year. In fact, probably no snowboarding trips until we can take her on the slopes with us. Already looking forward to that year I'll sneak out of town and skip the whole Christmas/New Year festivities to go riding with my family out West somewhere.

Will stick to our usual resorts this season: Bromont in the Eastern Townships and Sutton if/when it dumps. Got some Tremblant tix, so might spend a weekend up there.

Not Yet! A good buddy of mine is friends with the Canadian distributor for all these action sports films so he gets a free copy of all the best flix every year. We're long overdue to grab a beer together, so hoping I can catch up with him soon for a screening.

I've only seen the trailers; is the whole movie all dramatic slo-mo footage?

Love it cause it reminds me that you don't need fresh pow to have a good time.

17. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

Just returned from a trip to Park City - crusty but manageable conditions. Bruised my knee pretty bad on a ill timed jump but otherwise a fun time.

18. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

So, I have got at least one trip planned for this season. Quite a change from when I was younger when I used to go snowboarding every day for at least half of the year. 91-02 winters were pretty much only snowboarding for me (well, and studying).

Now I have just got to retrieve my board that I left in a friends ski cabin 2 years ago.

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

why no snow in Tahoe? :fu:

20. Wes Bourne

Luca don't need no Gore-Tex.

[​IMG]