• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how Carmina Rain compares to Yanko 915?
Many thanks!

I have Carmina rain in U.K. 9 which fits me perfectly. For Yanko 915 I decided to go with an 8.5 in the end. Fits snug but ok on one foot but was too tight on the other (so had it stretched out a little bit). In hindsight I probably would have gotten a 9 for Yanko as well.

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
I was browsing Skolyx a few days ago, and was about to pull the trigger on a dark brown jodhpur boot. Well, this morning, the price hiked from $276 to $345! Is this a common thing? Usually, prices go down this week, and I certainly did not expect the increase. It seems that Carlos Santos is now a better value at its price point. Truly a pity, I was looking forward to trying my first pair of Yanko shoes.

Emil S

Reaction score
I was browsing Skolyx a few days ago, and was about to pull the trigger on a dark brown jodhpur boot. Well, this morning, the price hiked from $276 to $345! Is this a common thing? Usually, prices go down this week, and I certainly did not expect the increase. It seems that Carlos Santos is now a better value at its price point. Truly a pity, I was looking forward to trying my first pair of Yanko shoes.

Sounds just like a vat issue. Add it to cart, go to checkout and choose your country and see what happens? :)

Tribal

Reaction score
Anyone have insight on Yanko 915 or 962 vs Alden Modified? I have high arches, wide toe area, and a narrow heel.

Carmina Rain-EE, Alden Barrie, and AE 65 are all tolerable, but each tends to slope back in a way that hits my second toe.

I want to pull the trigger on some Yankos, but I think my wife has gotten sick of shoes arriving and being sent back...

jamie411

Reaction score
Dang, I didn’t know about the Black Friday sale until today. Otherwise I would’ve been all over the brown wingtip oxford in 8.5. Oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads