• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ugh, I hate the conflicting sizes being discussed on here. Some recommend sizing down from Rain, some staying with Rain size (including Skolyx) - I guess that's the nature of shoe sizing since everyone's foot is different. I'm tempted to go with my Rain size on the 915.

Can someone post side by side pics of rain versus 915?

Here you go:

Rain boot VS 915 shoe. Both in size 8. The rain last tapers more towards the toes which results in a very snug fit for me. Size 8.5 in rain is too big for me causing heel slip. 915 in 8 is close to a perfect fit for me.

You can also see that the shoe trees (both size 8) expand more in the 915 shoes than in the rain boots. I can even fit a size 8.5 shoe tree in the 915 lasted shoes.

Last edited:

smerf

Reaction score
anyone have experience with these guys? the leather quality is lacking but they look just like Carmina and figure the quality is comparable to Meermin

$275 for black captoe http://carsonstreetclothiers.com/footwear/captoe-brogue.html

$275 for sturdy, ass-kicking ptb http://carsonstreetclothiers.com/footwear/pebble-blucher.html

No experience but definitely would stay with Meermin, it's a solid brand - good quality shoes, good quality leather, not much that can go wrong here imo.

Galix

Reaction score

No experience but definitely would stay with Meermin, it's a solid brand - good quality shoes, good quality leather, not much that can go wrong here imo.

Why would you even recommend staying with Meermin over trying Yanko if you have never tried and compared both IRL?

Yanko are IMO way better than Meermin in pretty much every point possible. And I can tell because I have had and worn several models of both brands.

smerf

Reaction score
Why would you even recommend staying with Meermin over trying Yanko if you have never tried and compared both IRL?

Yanko are IMO way better than Meermin in pretty much every point possible. And I can tell because I have had and worn several models of both brands.

My friend - the fact that I haven't worn one doesn't mean I haven't thoroughly looked at one :) Did I ever say that Meermin is better than yanko? I looked at the carson street website - the product is missing
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Galix

Reaction score

My friend - the fact that I haven't worn one doesn't mean I haven't thoroughly looked at one :) Did I ever say that Meermin is better than yanko? I looked at the carson street website - the product is missing :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  

Of course, because you replied to a post from 2013.

Last edited:

jamie411

Reaction score
@Skolyx , could Yanko do a 915 derby boot along the lines of this Carmina Rain-last boot:

I've seen Yanko offers derby boots, but typically on other, more casual lasts. The only 915 boot I've seen was the tall balmoral boot...

Last edited:

Elessar

Reaction score
So, I recently got my Yanko monk straps, and I love the shoes and the way the last looks. However, when I stand up straight on one leg and put my weight on that leg, the throat kinda opens a bit. I'm attaching photos of this happening. Does this ever happen to you guys? I have a feeling that this is half a size too big.

Comments?

Weight on one leg:

Foot almost in the air, no weight on the leg:

Also, when I push the shoes back with one hand while wearing it, this is how much gap I get between the shoe and my heel:

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So, I recently got my Yanko monk straps, and I love the shoes and the way the last looks. However, when I stand up straight on one leg and put my weight on that leg, the throat kinda opens a bit. I'm attaching photos of this happening. Does this ever happen to you guys? I have a feeling that this is half a size too big. Comments? Weight on one leg: Foot almost in the air, no weight on the leg: Also, when I push the shoes back with one hand while wearing it, this is how much gap I get between the shoe and my heel:
Too small

deroshoe

Reaction score
Thanks to Patine.pl for this lovely pair of navy double monks...was very curious about the brand. Very happy with them and have already ordered another pair :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics