• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not even going to attempt alliteration with these today. But I love the look nonetheless :)

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the part where he tells someone to email him and they will make the cordo strands for them? He was asking about natural and bourbon colored. If this is real.... I'll email him every day for them haha.

3lilnags

Reaction score
Sale PSA - Bloomingdales is running a $75 off of $350, which includes their limited selection of Allen Edmonds (which are already price matched to the RDA). They only have black and walnut, but carry the PA, strand, Carlyle, Cornwallis, McAllister, and a couple loafers.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals. I can tell I am in the middle of manic shell obsession. Last night, no kidding, I dreamed I was looking to purchase a shell cordovan shirt and I was so frustrated because I couldn't find one. Standby for obligatory shoe picture of today's long wing.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Okay, now I am definitely holding off on buying longwings until I see if they will be made available in the new mid-brown color.

Paul Grangaard, CEO of Allen Edmonds, hosted a Q&A on Reddit today. What caught my eye is when someone asked him about bourbon and if there were plans on introducing a new "mid-brown color." In response, Paul replied "[COLOR=222222]Yup! Stay tuned!!" So that is definitely something I'm looking forward to.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]Here is a link to the full thread if anyone is interested.[/COLOR]

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Which type of casual loafer would get more wear -- a tan saddle Kenwood, or a snuff suede Cavanaugh? I have brown McGraws, which I usually wear with jackets, but which seem a little too dressy for jeans. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a future purchase (after trunk show) for some shell loafers. Looking at the Randolph or the Patriot. Assuming both fit (bold assumption), what are your opinions on the two? Probably looking at Burgundy for the color.

Also did anyone notice the Christmas shoes disappeared for the RDA sale?

Buster Brown

Reaction score

@Buster Brown Even though you goofed on me in the past, I still like you and don't hold a grudge. All your other stuff is 9 or 8.5 - what specifically is 8.5? I have a park & MacNeil, 7D. MacNeil I'm pretty damn close to the end, maybe a thumbnail. The toebox started out painfully narrow but expanded considerably. The vamp, with the lacing...haven't noticed any changes to that at all. Unless you're overloaded with length I probably wouldn't go down. Personally I bet brannock (7.5C) would have been my optimal but it wasn't available. I think dropping the length won't do what you want.

What's with the used pairs? BCF was flooded with these, id think new should be readily available for the schautel.

Thanks! My Brannock size is ~9D and 8.5 E is my Park Avenue fit. I can usually get away with either size but prefer the E for balmorals and/or models with a narrow toe box. My current pair of Schuatals was lightly used, the 8.5 D's I'm looking at are NOS (probably BCF). I should have a chance to visit the AE store in Frisco later this week and will see if I can try on MacNeils in both sizes.

On a related note, I'm very intrigued by the rumors of ruby/color #2 shell in the upcoming trunk show. A pair of MacNeils with natural edges could be sweet. I'm envisioning something like @mdubs's Aldens:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! My Brannock size is ~9D and 8.5 E is my Park Avenue fit. I can usually get away with either size but prefer the E for balmorals and/or models with a narrow toe box. My current pair of Schuatals was lightly used, the 8.5 D's I'm looking at are NOS (probably BCF). I should have a chance to visit the AE store in Frisco later this week and will see if I can try on MacNeils in both sizes.

On a related note, I'm very intrigued by the rumors of ruby/color #2 shell in the upcoming trunk show. A pair of MacNeils with natural edges could be sweet. I'm envisioning something like @mdubs 's Aldens:

Note that Alden's Color #2 shells for that run (and the recent LHS they did for Tassels) were unglazed, which looks rather different and much more matte.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On a related note, I'm very intrigued by the rumors of ruby/color #2 shell in the upcoming trunk show. A pair of MacNeils with natural edges could be sweet. I'm envisioning something like @mdubs 's Aldens:

I think that Carmina has some ruby-like shell in stock. Not sure what they call their version.

Stamper1924

Reaction score

Hi guys. Fairly new to the forum and Allen Edmonds. I recently picked up a pair of Higgins Mills and was wondering whether any of you treat your boots with a conditioner prior to wearing. This is my first quality pair of boots. I normally condition and shine my dress shoes prior to wearing. Thanks for any input. Love the forum thus far.

I've used Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP Leather Preservative on my Alden chromexcel boots and my AE Ashbury and Bayfield boots. Adds a layer of protection from the elements.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So some of you have been asking how you can get the discount using your Amex card's points. Here's what you need to do:

1. check your Amex points and see how much money you have available.
2. Find the shoes you want.
3. Go to the AE store (this will not work online) and ask to split the bill between the Amex and another card (or cash).
4. Very important: make sure the amount you pay on the Amex is not more than your total points, or this will not work.
5. Wait 2-3 business days for the payment to post to your Amex account, and then apply the points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics