• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Yumas today for a grey winter day.
EE1A2B32-27E7-499A-BD7F-AB13DFF16E82.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got my hall from the trunk show.

View attachment 1526879
View attachment 1526880
View attachment 1526881

They came out beautiful, so thank you @ae_ashley!

I am still deciding on which laces to use...

View attachment 1526887

Next up are the color 8 Higgins Mill. I love the color, don’t love the sole. They are so light and I wasn’t expecting that at all. For some reason I was expecting a heavy lug sole, but I guess that’s partly my fault for not noticing. I guess they would be a good option for travel though as they wouldn’t add weight to the suitcase. I will wear them and see how I feel about them, but I may end up just changing out the sole to something like a tan wedge. Snake Oil Provisions made an awesome Alden boot with a similar leather, Truebalance last, plain toe, and tan wedge soleand I missed out in it. This could be a replacement for that.

View attachment 1526888 View attachment 1526890

Finally, these White’s MP-Sherman boots. I guess opening these first and feeling their weight and then opening the HM’s above really skewed my perception about them as these puppies are SOLID and heavy. I love them. Dark brown waxed flesh and the best leather laces I ever touched.
View attachment 1526913 View attachment 1526917 View attachment 1526918
Nice haul, Congrats!
I wanted to thank all of those who have contributed to and enjoyed this Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread for 2020! The AE community here is what prompted me to create an SF account and I wish I had done so sooner! The wealth of information, positivity, and stories that have been shared here are what makes this such a special place for us to enjoy (unlike the AE Facebook Group which I left). Looking forward to sharing more photos, stories, and even more photos in 2021!

Here are my 2020 pick-ups
  • Grey Suede Hamilton (TS20.1)
  • Bone Suede Hamilton (TS20.1)
  • Burgundy Suede Hamilton (TS20.1)
  • Snuff Suede Dundee (TS20.1)
  • Chili Shell Strand (RDA Pick-up)
  • Burgundy Shell Strand (RDA Pick-up)
  • Bourbon Shell Strand (TS20.2)
  • Marbled Dark Cognac Shell Strand (TS20.2)
  • Chili Shell Hamilton (TS20.2)
  • Marbled Dark Cognac Shell Hamilton (TS20.2)
View attachment 1526951

View attachment 1526952

View attachment 1526953

View attachment 1526955

View attachment 1526956

View attachment 1526954

View attachment 1526957
Beautiful assortment of Strands and Strandboots!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-AE. Unfortunately, my mother passed away this morning from Covid. She only left the house for doctor visits since March. Please reconsider any unnecessary activities so we can limit spread and prevent more tragedies like hers.

So sorry to hear this, @EZB. Thoughts to you and your family.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to thank all of those who have contributed to and enjoyed this Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread for 2020! The AE community here is what prompted me to create an SF account and I wish I had done so sooner! The wealth of information, positivity, and stories that have been shared here are what makes this such a special place for us to enjoy (unlike the AE Facebook Group which I left). Looking forward to sharing more photos, stories, and even more photos in 2021!

Here are my 2020 pick-ups
  • Grey Suede Hamilton (TS20.1)
  • Bone Suede Hamilton (TS20.1)
  • Burgundy Suede Hamilton (TS20.1)
  • Snuff Suede Dundee (TS20.1)
  • Chili Shell Strand (RDA Pick-up)
  • Burgundy Shell Strand (RDA Pick-up)
  • Bourbon Shell Strand (TS20.2)
  • Marbled Dark Cognac Shell Strand (TS20.2)
  • Chili Shell Hamilton (TS20.2)
  • Marbled Dark Cognac Shell Hamilton (TS20.2)
View attachment 1526951

View attachment 1526952

View attachment 1526953

View attachment 1526955

View attachment 1526956

View attachment 1526954

View attachment 1526957

That's a real strong showing for this year. That's a fierce rotation you've got underway. Congrats!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Yumas today for a grey winter day. View attachment 1527069

This is one of those models I used to see on the AE site and would try to suppress a gag reflex. But, the photos you've shared of them are awesome and have made me do a complete 180. I've got a search set on eBay for a pair and will pull the trigger if/when the right pair comes along. Nice weaseling. Jerk.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is one of those models I used to see on the AE site and would try to suppress a gag reflex. But, the photos you've shared of them are awesome and have made me do a complete 180. I've got a search set on eBay for a pair and will pull the trigger if/when the right pair comes along. Nice weaseling. Jerk.
I agree, the original AE site photos made them look, well rather ugly, but they are good boots.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my final post to the 2020 thread...

This year certainly had its ups and downs. From the stock market, to employment, to health. We all had our own trials and tribulations this year, with a global pandemic changing a lot of how we do things - for some of us, that included what we wore on our feet on a daily basis.

This thread has been a highlight to my social media participation. You guys are always friendly, maintain a gentleman's decorum, and are always there with suggestions and assistance when needed.

I am personally happy to be putting 2020 to rest and look forward to better times in 2021. May the hindsight of 2020 be 20/20 and we all learn from our mistakes and use that to make 2021 the greatest year of all.

I may only be celebrating the incoming New Year at home with my wife, but I’m happy to dress up for her.
E2395D22-6A3A-436A-8B03-2076ABEE2F12.jpeg
A casual use of a suit and some Broadstreets.
FB3DA725-557E-4327-AAC6-C38514D5089A.jpeg
To all of you participants on this thread, thank you for making it fun and interesting. To those of you that lurk or don’t post much (or cannot because of work), I look forward to reading posts from some new folks over in the 2021 thread.

@Roycru - a special shout out for the most interesting and entertaining posts on this thread. I always look forward to your posts.

Finally, to @ae_ashley and all of the AE crew that supports the enthusiasts on this thread, a giant thank you. This year was extremely challenging, but you kept our interest and enthusiasm alive in AE.

Thanks to all and have a happy and safe New Year!

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brought TS order home today. Pair of marbled dark cognac Leeds being remade. If I didn’t know better, I would think I have a shoe buying problem

598849E6-6F67-4706-9058-ADD6364EF8FC.jpeg
5159E906-EA1B-4979-8904-19F6FDFA9C1B.jpeg

the other box is marbled navy shell PTB from Rancourt

Will post pics tomorrow when I have decent light

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@AEfaninTampa, thank you.

Here's my last post in 2020.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?

The old Lang sign on the old Lang CA depot.

hs3601.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads