• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, you don't really need to spend a shitload to look great. If those are chinos, they shouldn't be stacked like denim. Half break is what I go for after a single inch cuff.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, you don't really need to spend a shitload to look great. If those are chinos, they shouldn't be stacked like denim. Half break is what I go for after a single inch cuff.

I get **** for my chinos being too tight/short (the way I like them). Not sure if these qualify as chinos thought, cotton twill/herringbone pants. Any rate, I like the way his chinos were cut. I have MAYBE 100 bucks to spare a month total. Thats my "fun" money. And if I spend it on clothes, that means no movies with the missus, no going out to eat, etc. Hence me being a tight bastard.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lately, I also have been spending most of my clothes money on alterations. I have a lot of stuff in my closet that I would never wear only because of a bad fit, so a few dollars on alterations is well-spent money.

The chinos that I posted, however, cost me $30 (I think) to slim and taper. As GBear pointed out, not all chinos should have stacks - I only went with (a very little) extra length on mine because the fabric is a thick ribbed cotton, and the stacks actually stack. With yours, Liam, I'd be concerned that the extra length would bunch up around the ankle, and not really stack. I guess you could have them tapered and slimmed first, and then see if you need the length reduced.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tailoring denim isn't bad; hemming them like chinos is bad.

I mean, if you can't spring for $400 Diors, slimming your current jeans to the same specs for ten or fifteen bucks is a pretty good option.

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tailoring denim isn't bad; hemming them like chinos is bad.

I mean, if you can't spring for $400 Diors, slimming your current jeans to the same specs for ten or fifteen bucks is a pretty good option.
I agree completely. But fortunately, Liam's pants are actually chinos.
biggrin.gif

(I think you knew that - just wanted to clarify for posterity)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:teach: My wife won't indulge my daily picture routine, but I bet my son would.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sit up straight, young man! ^^^

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y/N for meeting with a supplier wednesday? will put on tie. Mebbe PS. Not sure though, always feel like a real prat with a PS on.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Y/N for meeting with a supplier wednesday? will put on tie. Mebbe PS. Not sure though, always feel like a real prat with a PS on.

I like it... although I like to see the details... may be a blue tie.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I don't think it looks all that great to wear a matching vest and jacket without the matching pants. Maybe just go with the jacket.

It looks kind of costumey, like something that would be worn in colonial-America - up to you if you like that vibe.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still trying to swim upstream...
Always interesting, unusual posts!
^ I don't think it looks all that great to wear a matching vest and jacket without the matching pants. Maybe just go with the jacket. It looks kind of costumey, like something that would be worn in colonial-America - up to you if you like that vibe.
+1

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads