• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually like this one better UC... can see the different tones of blue and textures of the materials. Is everything denim or is that first layer shirt linen or something? Anyway it looks great... keep wearing those jeans! :)

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After yesterday's attempt at casual which I feel went something like when a Wall Street finance guy goes on vacation in Montana and tries to blend in with the locals, I figured I'd try out that scandinavian blue/grey/brown palette.

Sorry for the stare of doom, most of these were taken before I'd ingested my first litre of tea this morning. pants and shirt still need a little tailoring, but I dont think they're terrible.

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liam

Tailor the pants - make them slimmer all the way down. Then tailor the shirt-sleeves. Then it will be your best post in history.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I can see you looking like Steve McQueen a year down the road - both because of your aesthetic direction and your face/body structure.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

stitches do you want real feedback

sure buddy, have at it. someone needs to give mr riley his fix after all. :)

Sorry, Stitch, contrary to the positive comments, I think it looks a bit grandpa. Probably because of the pants—they need a jacket. The shirt (roll up them sleeves :) if you don't wear a jacket) would be better with less suity pants. IMHO.

no need to pologize, i appreciate the feedback. there is always room for improvement.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liam

Tailor the pants - make them slimmer all the way down. Then tailor the shirt-sleeves. Then it will be your best post in history.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I can see you looking like Steve McQueen a year down the road - both because of your aesthetic direction and your face/body structure.

Thank you :) I hate boot cut, slimmer and stacked or slimmer and hemmed?

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you :) I hate boot cut, slimmer and stacked or slimmer and hemmed?

Well, they don't look like jeans, so I'd say you could go with stacks or no break - just depends on the context in which you plan to wear them. In the context of the fit you just posted, I think they'd look good with about 3/4 in. removed. Whatever - it's your call.

Also, I think they should be tapered. They look bootcut as it is.
shog[1].gif

*****edit*****

For reference, I recently had a pair of chinos slimmed and tapered. Before that, they fit exactly like yours do. They have some stacking now, which I like, but I'm not sure if you should go for something this slim or this tapered or this stacked. Maybe you could have your pants altered in stages, because once the fabric has been cut you can't go back and change it.

Anyhow... here they are:

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, they don't look like jeans, so I'd say you could go with stacks or no break - just depends on the context in which you plan to wear them. In the context of the fit you just posted, I think they'd look good with about 3/4 in. removed. Whatever - it's your call.

Also, I think they should be tapered. They look bootcut as it is.
shog%5B1%5D.gif

*****edit*****

For reference, I recently had a pair of chinos slimmed and tapered. Before that, they fit exactly like yours do. They have some stacking now, which I like, but I'm not sure if you should go for something this slim or this tapered or this stacked. Maybe you could have your pants altered in stages, because once the fabric has been cut you can't go back and change it.

Anyhow... here they are:

Lol, I'd meant I hated that they WERE bootcut. I'm thinking something like what you've got those altered to is about the fit I want, maybe a tiny bit less stacking. Tailor's pretty smart, I'm sure she'll do right by them.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol, I'd meant I hated that they WERE bootcut. I'm thinking something like what you've got those altered to is about the fit I want, maybe a tiny bit less stacking. Tailor's pretty smart, I'm sure she'll do right by them.

I'll say it again - not to press buttons, but just really - tailoring denim?

Being originally an SW&D-er, this makes no sense to me. There are SO many options out there that I can't fathom needing to tailor denim, especially bringing in a boot cut. Buy something that suits you. I guarantee you'll be happier with it.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll say it again - not to press buttons, but just really - tailoring denim?
Being originally an SW&D-er, this makes no sense to me. There are SO many options out there that I can't fathom needing to tailor denim, especially bringing in a boot cut. Buy something that suits you. I guarantee you'll be happier with it.
Not trying to be a dick here,

A) Its not denim. I only own one pair of jeans, these are not those.

B) It costs 15 bucks to alter. That I can (kinda) afford. A new pair would run me 100. I bought jeans a month ago on forum advice, that I couldn't really afford, and had the fit critiqued to the point I'm wondering why I bothered. It gets kinda tiring hearing "buy better clothes" when I'm working ****** off and hustling whatever I can on the side to pay for the gas to get to classes.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not trying to be a dick here, 

A) Its not denim. I only own one pair of jeans, these are not those.

B) It costs 15 bucks to alter. That I can (kinda) afford. A new pair would run me 100. I bought jeans a month ago on forum advice, that I couldn't really afford, and had the fit critiqued to the point I'm wondering why I bothered. It gets kinda tiring hearing "buy better clothes" when I'm working ****** off and hustling whatever I can on the side to pay for the gas to get to classes.

A) My bad - read through the thread too fast

B) This is understandable. I work and do school too, so understand that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads