• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, a big problem is that the shoulders and chest are so structured. If you want a casual jacket to look good with jeans, get something with no padding and preferably unlined, too.
Edit: and by "unlined" I meant "unstructured".

Gotcha.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thought this might be the best place for this. Leaning tower of pisa shot...
92911_overall.jpg

i'll go against the tide here. I don't mind structured jackets with jeans and a dress shirt. maybe it's a regional thing? living mainly in the west/southwest, i see this done all the time and i think it looks pretty sharp.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Coupla similar looks, one last Friday:
Ep Cramertons
Ep Western Belt
C&J Scotch Grain Brogues
Hickey Shirt
rob035.jpg

Last Night:
APC NS
Ep Brown Crmxl Belt
Hickey Shirt
1957 Seatle Rainiers Cap (Ebbets Flannels)
Alden Ultimate Jumper
IMG_0549.jpg

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'll go against the tide here. I don't mind structured jackets with jeans and a dress shirt. maybe it's a regional thing? living mainly in the west/southwest, i see this done all the time and i think it looks pretty sharp.

Thanks, but I think I'm with the rest of the comments. This jacket is actually somewhat "unstructured" in that it is partially lined, but definitely has a chest piece and lightly padded shoulders (though there may be disagreement on the level of padding. Probably not as much as the normal WAYWRN thread is going through right now...). However, the more I look at this, the less I am happy with it and I think it's a color/contrast issue. A brown or "tweedier" SC might draw you away from the structure somewhat. If you hit the Jcrew website it's full of somewhat structured SC's with jeans,so you can see if that helps. I'll post another later and let everyone rip in.

PTWilliams

Reaction score

Hermes Polo
Kiton jeans
Peal & C oxfords
Hermes belt

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! I can never find the courage to wear a tie without anything but a sportcoat or suit.

Thanks. It stull feels wrong when the jacket comes off. I have to roll the sleeves to compensate.

Nice look. Is that a Barbour knit tie?

It is a Barbour tie. Nice catch. I picked up a handful from the Barbour outlet in Kittery, Maine. They were like 10 bucks a piece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads