• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This will be my last post on this subject, but just so we're clear, you realize you're saying "I don't like it, therefore anyone who presses the thumbs button must be doing it solely because of the poster behind it," right?

No

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't think my "evolution" has been as dramatic as lokesh up there, but damn I'm glad I found this website and you guys
fistbump.gif

Last edited:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a discussion thread and Casey has listened to peoples advice on how to improve on his fits and I think it's shown I'm sure a large majority of those thumbs were from people that been around.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know we coulda just pointed out what was cool about the casey fit:

(a sf-biased list)
well-fitting garments
successful integration of high/low elements
louche
monochrome

it's clearly a high-risk fit because of the tux jacket but I think Casey pulled it off. if the pose/scene had been a lil better I'm not sure we'd be having this discussion. it coulda been a contender in the incongruity challenge.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you know we coulda just pointed out what was cool about the casey fit:

(a sf-biased list)
well-fitting garments
successful integration of high/low elements
louche
monochrome

it's clearly a high-risk fit because of the tux jacket but I think Casey pulled it off. if the pose/scene had been a lil better I'm not sure we'd be having this discussion. it coulda been a contender in the incongruity challenge.

errr I don't mean to be cruel but that outfit looks like he spent a great deal of time and money to look like a salesperson at an Express in Columbia, Maryland.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have had a pretty dramatic improvement since SF, but its all on the MC side. sorry, guys.

i just want to be sure, does anyone actually get upset when a post they dont want to thumb gets thumbs from other people? is that a real thing?

i mean, i could get being upset if you think you had a great a fit and no one gave you props, hell, i just did that. but why the eff does it matter if and why someone else is getting thumbs?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it feels bad when somebody makes a mean remark and then other people thumb it :(

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Styleforum hasn't changed my style all that much. My tastes have gotten more expensive but I was into clothes before I came here. I still wear several things that date back to the 80's (or 60's in the case of sweaters I inherited from my dad.)

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Nouveau Pauvre: I ain't laid eyes on an Express store in a delightfully long time. But I think I understand what you're seeing. Casey's fit is like that because they are similarly conceived styles. But this fit does it right, whereas if it was Express, he'd have like a red dress shirt on and a bunch of "contrast" everything (soles, shoe laces, jacket pocket edging) (probably. i'm making up what i understand express to be like.)

@in stitches basically, yeah, a person could get mad about this. if you get way into the SW&D side and think you understand what makes this place work and then a fit comes along you totally dislike and it gets a lot of praise, you might be pissed off that the forum isn't how you thought it was, that what you thought you understood has either changed or is not in line with you. i'm not speaking for anyone, but i'm saying the scenario you lay out is possible.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, I was just being a jerk. I'm sure you could say the same thing about my fit too.

In terms of productive criticism I think it's partially the :foo: problem - everything fitting slim and "oh-so-well" doesn't really suit a lot of outfits and body types, really most body types I'd guess. It often comes off as fussy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads