• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ratio Clothing - Custom Shirts - Official Affiliate Thread

Reaction score
I ordered shirts from Luxire and Spier Mackay too. The Spier Mackay shirt was really impressive actually. But one thing I noticed is that Ratio’s customer service/fit guidance process was really helpful in learning how to order MTM shirts and clothing in general. I don’t think that’s available with the other online MTM companies. And even though the Spier Mackey shirts seems a little “nicer,” I think Ratio’s Campus oxfords are still a good value for a MTM, everyday casual shirt.

thank you for the reply! Spier and Mackay’s custom oxfords tend to be at around the same pricepoint as those of Ratio so I should check them out, although, as you say, their customer service or just how they deal with “misfitting” shirts is definitely not good compared to how they do it at Ratio. Do you have any experience with Luxire or other companies? I’ve heard some polarizing things about Luxire which made me hesitant about ordering from them.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
I’ve heard some polarizing things about Luxire which made me hesitant about ordering from them

Probably 50% of my shirt wardrobe is from luxire. The pros far outweigh the cons for me. I have my fit dialed in and they have great value fabrics as well as some splurge-tastic Albinis and Grandi and Rubinellis, etc., as well as lots of good stuff in between.

Ratio is the only other company that has given me a *perfect* fit. I'd order more from them if they had more fabrics available. I have more than enough staple-type stuff which is what they concentrate on.

ceegman

Reaction score
thank you for the reply! Spier and Mackay’s custom oxfords tend to be at around the same pricepoint as those of Ratio so I should check them out, although, as you say, their customer service or just how they deal with “misfitting” shirts is definitely not good compared to how they do it at Ratio. Do you have any experience with Luxire or other companies? I’ve heard some polarizing things about Luxire which made me hesitant about ordering from them.

I recommend starting out with Ratio and then branching out once you’ve had some experience tweaking measurements. Ratio has a good set of every-day, classic fabrics. You can go to Spier or Luxire for more unique patterns after you get your basics.

It’s also much easier ordering off-the-rack once you know your range of measurements, and tweaking each Ratio shirt helped with that. It’s helped me to order from Mercer & Sons and to order Brooks’ MiUSA online as well. Both of these are remarkable oxfords by the way, but you pay for it; they are ~$200 a pop, unless you catch the rare Brooks sale that includes their shirts.

I only ordered one shirt from Luxire - this forest green stripe. It’s a good shirt and it shipped really fast, but I had a few really minor issues with it. Some of the details are a little sloppy, and the fabric isn’t as nice. That being said, they have a wide variety of fabrics and my complaints really are minor. Luxire seems good for fast shipping, a wide variety of eccentric fabrics, and the fact that you can basically customize every tiny detail about the shirt. For example, they will reproduce any collar you can imagine (such as the Mercer button down).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I recommend starting out with Ratio and then branching out once you’ve had some experience tweaking measurements. Ratio has a good set of every-day, classic fabrics. You can go to Spier or Luxire for more unique patterns after you get your basics.

It’s also much easier ordering off-the-rack once you know your range of measurements, and tweaking each Ratio shirt helped with that. It’s helped me to order from Mercer & Sons and to order Brooks’ MiUSA online as well. Both of these are remarkable oxfords by the way, but you pay for it; they are ~$200 a pop, unless you catch the rare Brooks sale that includes their shirts.

I only ordered one shirt from Luxire - this forest green stripe. It’s a good shirt and it shipped really fast, but I had a few really minor issues with it. Some of the details are a little sloppy, and the fabric isn’t as nice. That being said, they have a wide variety of fabrics and my complaints really are minor. Luxire seems good for fast shipping, a wide variety of eccentric fabrics, and the fact that you can basically customize every tiny detail about the shirt. For example, they will reproduce any collar you can imagine (such as the Mercer button down).

That makes sense — I’ll try to solidify my fit and also just have a few solid shirts from Ratio and perhaps think about branching out! Thank you :)

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Is there any feedback/opinions to be had on Ratio's suits? I'd definitely be interested to hear from anyone how y'all feel about their suits or pants. Ratio is somewhat local to me so if that's a worthwhile option I'd love to hear about it.

kbuzz

Reaction score
I never purchased their made in USA shirts because of the quality. I paid the premium because I wanted to support an American firm, with American workers, made in a factory that I was fairly confident was treating its workers fairly. It's not like sewing is a precision-manufacturing industry with tolerances at the micron level. There's nothing special about American garment workers. You can get great quality shirts manufactured overseas and junk made in America. Ratio's quality was average, but if you ignore the country of manufacture, it's not hard to find equivalent quality elsewhere for less.
I was going to try some ratio oxfords until I learned of this. I understand the realities of global economies but I always try to lean to a usa made product for job support

So if this is correct re their ocbd's is there any reason to choose ratio over proper cloth ?

Also on a related note, Ratio does not seem to offer a White version of the campus oxford? Wonder if this is a supply chain issue, as i figured most would want to start there for their first stab at a shirt before moving on to higher end fabrics?

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an observation from one who does not wear OCBDs, but did
decades ago, Ratio collar points are too short, compared to Mercer,
for example:

kbuzz

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply
I believe radio has added a bb /Mercer type collar option called the Fitzgerald

Which is why I'm considering them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads