• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark kent

Reaction score
everybody has their own style evolution, some just get hyped a little more. casey has definitely come a long way, but so have most of us.

here's mine for instance...

before

after a year or two of lurking.
900x900px-LL-4a309a8f_85TtA7r.jpeg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently, potential thumb misappropriation is very srs bsns.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my style evolution was really intense too

after
900x900px-LL-a8a9a37d_xBHCDkd.jpeg

started at the bottom and now marginally above the bottom

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like you and "jipz" both agree that because you don't like casey's fit, no one else can, and if they press the thumb button, it must be for different reasons altogether. i hope i don't have to explain why this reasoning is silly

But why pretend that people aren't influenced by who the poster is, though? Parker and Synthese could post the most basic, boring fit, but they'll still get at least 14 thumbs up simply because people like them. I know I've been prompted to give a thumb up to a fit I'm not necessarily crazy over a few times just because of who the poster is. Or sometimes I get caught up with everyone else if a post has a large number of thumbs and is close to reaching a certain number. Like, if they're at 99, I'll add one to make it 100.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely had a pretty radical style evolution as well haha

See bowtie/boat shoe fitpic

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Loro Piana for Saks coat
Homemade scarf
Y3 pants
Leather chucks

(x-post from military outfits thread - though virtually everything I wear applies to that I think)

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But why pretend that people aren't influenced by who the poster is, though? Parker and Synthese could post the most basic, boring fit, but they'll still get at least 14 thumbs up simply because people like them. I know I've been prompted to give a thumb up to a fit I'm not necessarily crazy over a few times just because of who the poster is. Or sometimes I get caught up with everyone else if a post has a large number of thumbs and is close to reaching a certain number. Like, if they're at 99, I'll add one to make it 100.

Just to clarify, recognizing that people may actually enjoy fits like casey's is not the same as "pretending people aren't influenced by who the poster is"

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I support the views of jipz and Hr. Huh on this. I have see here average and even pretty ****** fits (posted by old timers/popular posters) that got lots of thumbs and good to outstanding fits that hardly got any thumbs. I personally dislike this kind of approach but at the same time perfectly understand that this phenomenon is inevitable. Good that some posters, like Chairs, are at least honest and admit that they sometimes give a thumb to a fit only because it belongs to a certain poster. I, personally, am never biased when giving my thumb. I often give thumbs to people I don't particularly like (or by whom I'm not particularly liked) only because I like the particular fit.

Lokesh

Reaction score
On the topic of radical style evolution, I had a pretty big one as well. I recently went back to my post history for fun and stumbled upon this gem hahaha:

And more recently:

Jacket - ZB / Sweatshirt - Geller / Gloves - CC / Pants - ZB / Boots - Random

Thank god for Styleforum. Even though what I'm doing now isn't anything majorly special, it's much much better than what I had going on then.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I support the views of jipz and Hr. Huh on this. I have see here average and even pretty ****** fits (posted by old timers/popular posters) that got lots of thumbs and good to outstanding fits that hardly got any thumbs. I personally dislike this kind of approach but at the same time perfectly understand that this phenomenon is inevitable. Good that some posters, like Chairs, are at least honest and admit that they sometimes give a thumb to a fit only because it belongs to a certain poster. I, personally, am never biased when giving my thumb. I often give thumbs to people I don't particularly like (or by whom I'm not particularly liked) only because I like the particular fit.

This will be my last post on this subject, but just so we're clear, you realize you're saying "I don't like it, therefore anyone who presses the thumbs button must be doing it solely because of the poster behind it," right?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
waywt thumbs for me serve a few purposes.

1. acknowledging a good fit
2. acknowledging progress in fit, perhaps with a few encouraging words
3. really ******* awesome photoshop

#3 is the most important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance