• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey barrel, that looks like an awesome haul! I'd love to see some more pics if you get the chance.
On the topic of who has found Kiton, I shall now let you in on one of the greatest regrets of my life. Back when I was young, uneducated, stupid, and just getting in to thrifting, I found a Kiton jacket. It was at a Goodwill in LA. I had seen a Kiton shirt on eBay priced very high, so I knew it was a nice brand (I actually thought it was French at the time). I tried it on, and it fit! But it was brown and a three button. A three button was a deal breaker for me then. And besides, it wasn't as if it was from a REALLY nice brand, such as Giorgio Armani or Hugo Boss. So I left it... To this day, I've never seen another item by Kiton. I doubt I ever will. I think I committed some sort of unpardonable sin against the thrift gods by refusing to kop the gift they gave me, and thus I shall be forever cursed to seek and not find the fabled soft tailor from Naples.

In my noob days I know I left Yohji at one point and I'm 85% sure I left an Arnys jacket at the same store. Still no Kiton here
shog[1].gif

ScottW

Reaction score
Picked up just a few things this week.

3x CT and a Boss

Forbes magazine tie and a BB elephant pattern

LOL

NWT Psycho Bunny (n/a)

Viyella for me, and probably the first Pink I've found that's in good condition. It's headed you-know-where unless one of you wants it (french cuffed 16.5 x 34).

2x T&A sea island cotton, and a Kiton (cherry pop!) and all of them fit me.

BBGF 3roll2 patch pocket brown houndstooth SC

Pretty nice Tom James SC, Filo a Mano with Holland & Sherry cloth.

marc roberto

Reaction score
Quote:
And I know I left an Arnys jacket somewhere. Its probably still there but I thrift for flipping and I don't think they are so flippable
Speaking of noob days, I once let a mint Zilli suit wool/mohair and a RLPL suede jacket go for 200 a piece(both thrifted of course).
cloud.gif

Last edited:

GM-H

Reaction score
Hey barrel, that looks like an awesome haul! I'd love to see some more pics if you get the chance.
On the topic of who has found Kiton, I shall now let you in on one of the greatest regrets of my life. Back when I was young, uneducated, stupid, and just getting in to thrifting, I found a Kiton jacket. It was at a Goodwill in LA. I had seen a Kiton shirt on eBay priced very high, so I knew it was a nice brand (I actually thought it was French at the time). I tried it on, and it fit! But it was brown and a three button. A three button was a deal breaker for me then. And besides, it wasn't as if it was from a REALLY nice brand, such as Giorgio Armani or Hugo Boss. So I left it... To this day, I've never seen another item by Kiton. I doubt I ever will. I think I committed some sort of unpardonable sin against the thrift gods by refusing to kop the gift they gave me, and thus I shall be forever cursed to seek and not find the fabled soft tailor from Naples.
I can one up you

Just when I was starting out, I left a Zilli leather jacket with silk lining. Saw it on ebay the week after.... it sold for $1200

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I know I left an Arnys jacket somewhere. Its probably still there but I thrift for flipping and I don't think they are so flippable
Speaking of noob days, I once let a mint Zilli suit wool/mohair and a RLPL suede jacket go for 200 a piece(both thrifted of course).
cloud.gif

On one of my first thrift trips, I saw this label and just knew it had to be counterfeit.

edwardthefirst

Reaction score

In my noob days I know I left Yohji at one point and I'm 85% sure I left an Arnys jacket at the same store. Still no Kiton here 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

Ugh, sad days... "Let us not burden out remembrances with a heaviness that's gone."

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never thrifted Kiton, but I did get one pair of pants in an estate auction. Paid $15 for nearly two dozen pairs of pants - including the aforementioned, two pairs Brioni, Loro Piana, and a Gianni Campagna. Sold those 5 for over $100 each. My favorite score of this year.

edwardthefirst

Reaction score

I've never thrifted Kiton, but I did get one pair of pants in an estate auction. Paid $15 for nearly two dozen pairs of pants - including the aforementioned, two pairs Brioni, Loro Piana, and a Gianni Campagna. Sold those 5 for over $100 each. My favorite score of this year.

That's insane, congrats.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Kiton anything for me either. Though one did spend the night here once, on it's way to Hans in Austria. It left here with pockets filled to the top with Chic-fil-a sauce.

I hope the sauce was in packets?
rimshot.gif

ejay1

Reaction score
I'll be leaving for Korea in a few days. If anyone can kindly inform me of good thrift shopping spots in the Seoul area I would greatly appreciate it! How are the Nanumi Salvation army stores? Does Seocho flea market have good clothing? TIA

Thrift finds:

Robert Talbott Estate Bespoke

Talbott seven fold, BOC

Ralph Lauren women's black label cashmere

ejay1

Reaction score
Wow! If I had that many packages on my porch, I'd be posted right behind the window with my AR-15.
Quote:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK. I always pass Donna Karan, but in the far recesses of my brain, I recalled someone saying there was a good label. I found this yesterday and wonder if its the good one.

Also reunited this cool slate blue Paul Stuart.

Oh, and reunited this one

Is this the good Kiton label?

Or is it this one?

Or maybe this one?

I'm starting to like business trips again.
WTF...

Gloverall Yukon Sz 38R (Available for trade/sale)

Acne Shawl Collar Sz. XL Collection F/W 2010 (fits like a smaller Medium, Available for trade/sale)

Wow! Dope backdrop!!! Is this your living or something?

Nice haul overall but I have my doubts on these two. The top one is almost certainly fake (not real cashmere) based on previous discussion in this thread. That same generic label is all over ebay, is sometimes carried by the same street vendors who sell fake Oakleys and fake Rolexes, and was on a scarf that was burn tested as synthetic by someone on this thread around 1-2 months ago. The bottom one has me suspicious but slightly more curious. Lochmere just sounds like a bad attempt to suggest a Scottish origin for a branded fake cashmere like Cashmaire or Cashmillion. If you can pull a few fibers off the side and burn test them, that will tell you.
AHHH dammit! Oh well, I'll just have to give them to my non-clothes nerd friends...
shog[1].gif

Wow! If I had that many packages on my porch, I'd be posted right behind the window with my AR-15.

Quote:
Did you thrift that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads