• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn, i always pass on DKNY but not anymore - at least ill look harder. oh and those kiton's are the bad kind, send em this way ill take them off your hands.

Continue to pass on DKNY. Its Donna Karan Couture/Signature that is SOMETIMES worth a pick up. The couture is often made by Martin Greenfield and the signature is sometimes made by St. Andrews, however, Lardini produces most of what you see regarding the Signature Made in Italy items.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK. I always pass Donna Karan, but in the far recesses of my brain, I recalled someone saying there was a good label. I found this yesterday and wonder if its the good one. Also reunited this cool slate blue Paul Stuart. Oh, and reunited this one Is this the good Kiton label? Or is it this one? Or maybe this one? I'm starting to like business trips again.
Well, you get my vote for most improved thrifter. :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: I've still yet to find any Kiton besides a shirt and tie. One day........

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gloverall Yukon Sz 38R (Available for trade/sale) Acne Shawl Collar Sz. XL Collection F/W 2010 (fits like a smaller Medium, Available for trade/sale)
wow i love both. wish either of them were my size. love the pics too, wish i had a backdrop like that!

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, you get my vote for most improved thrifter.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I've still yet to find any Kiton besides a shirt and tie. One day........

No Kiton SCs yet?

ummmmmm .... Do you even thrift?

I kid, I kid.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, you get my vote for most improved thrifter. :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: I've still yet to find any Kiton besides a shirt and tie. One day........

No kidding! I've yet to find anything Kiton aside from shirts...

ScottW

Reaction score
Here's my LA haul...

Nice haul overall but I have my doubts on these two. The top one is almost certainly fake (not real cashmere) based on previous discussion in this thread. That same generic label is all over ebay, is sometimes carried by the same street vendors who sell fake Oakleys and fake Rolexes, and was on a scarf that was burn tested as synthetic by someone on this thread around 1-2 months ago. The bottom one has me suspicious but slightly more curious. Lochmere just sounds like a bad attempt to suggest a Scottish origin for a branded fake cashmere like Cashmaire or Cashmillion. If you can pull a few fibers off the side and burn test them, that will tell you.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Save Khaki??

Good stuff in my opinion - Barneys carries it, though not a whole lot of choices.

Hey everyone! What time do you usually go thrifting? I'm thinking of finding a good time to go, instead of going at 11 in the morning, and 7 at night, just so I make sure I dont miss out ha!

Any time is a good time to go thrifting! I've tried being there when the doors first open and in some places they put stock out after closing so there's more to pick from the next morning, other places close & lock up and don't start putting out new stuff until later the next day. You just really never know, though...I've walked into a thrift in the middle of a Saturday that was jammed with people and walked out with stuff I was amazed no one else had grabbed yet. Other times, empty-handed.

To make sure you don't miss out, buy yourself a blue apron and stand outside the donation door of your local GW after they close.

In Atlanta, it is FORBIDDEN to browse the racks.

Damn straight, they will cut your hands off! I've done it openly and got barked at a couple times...if I really just have to see what a particular item is, I browse the clothes next to the z-rack and when no one's looking I snatch it quick like a ninja.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

Happy Holidays from The SEAM Store.

Holy cow! Reminds me that I need to get a gift card for my letter carrier.

I made the mistake of going to the post office in person yesterday - mad mad mad scene...and I'm sure it'll only get worse.

edwardthefirst

Reaction score
Hey barrel, that looks like an awesome haul! I'd love to see some more pics if you get the chance.
On the topic of who has found Kiton, I shall now let you in on one of the greatest regrets of my life. Back when I was young, uneducated, stupid, and just getting in to thrifting, I found a Kiton jacket. It was at a Goodwill in LA. I had seen a Kiton shirt on eBay priced very high, so I knew it was a nice brand (I actually thought it was French at the time). I tried it on, and it fit! But it was brown and a three button. A three button was a deal breaker for me then. And besides, it wasn't as if it was from a REALLY nice brand, such as Giorgio Armani or Hugo Boss. So I left it... To this day, I've never seen another item by Kiton. I doubt I ever will. I think I committed some sort of unpardonable sin against the thrift gods by refusing to kop the gift they gave me, and thus I shall be forever cursed to seek and not find the fabled soft tailor from Naples.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey barrel, that looks like an awesome haul! I'd love to see some more pics if you get the chance.
On the topic of who has found Kiton, I shall now let you in on one of the greatest regrets of my life. Back when I was young, uneducated, stupid, and just getting in to thrifting, I found a Kiton jacket. It was at a Goodwill in LA. I had seen a Kiton shirt on eBay priced very high, so I knew it was a nice brand (I actually thought it was French at the time). I tried it on, and it fit! But it was brown and a three button. A three button was a deal breaker for me then. And besides, it wasn't as if it was from a REALLY nice brand, such as Giorgio Armani or Hugo Boss. So I left it... To this day, I've never seen another item by Kiton. I doubt I ever will. I think I committed some sort of unpardonable sin against the thrift gods by refusing to kop the gift they gave me, and thus I shall be forever cursed to seek and not find the fabled soft tailor from Naples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members