• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oksir83

Reaction score
Totes are the workhorses of the Filson bag line up.
I bought this tote 4-5 yrs ago for $50 and it is my daily driver since moving to Paris for shopping, overflow space for bringing parcels home from work, etc. Ive had quite a few locals stopping me and asking about it.

1000030085.jpg

Rudy83

Reaction score
Hi all,

After some buying and selling of (also Filson) bags I just got hold of this cool collab field bag:

90a1f33a-0624-468b-9521-d166e77ce644.jpg

It's a Filson x Sebago bag. It has leather piping around the outside pockets and leather over tin cloth flaps on the front pockets:

975a3026-dd72-44cf-bad2-cb8f49ede080.jpg

8093ea0b-48e0-43b6-954c-ea9447db87bd.jpg

bc519d9a-b88b-4c6e-ae32-661e9efcc87d.jpg

958dcb79-beb0-4a58-9d5b-4c6abf984b24.jpg

58c37dd7-ba65-4498-b762-382688d9d387.jpg

Quite happy with it. The leather is in great condition apart from one of the front straps which shows some slight surface cracks and was stiff and dry. After a few rounds of leather balm everything is soft and smooth again.

aharon

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been following and reading this thread for a couple of years now without commenting, hoping to get a bit of advice from the hive-mind now.

I won this in an auction yesterday (good price I think, 150AUD/100USD) and there are a few parts where the storm lining has worn through - see below.

In terms of repair, would y'all say my best bet is to reinforce with more material, or to just stitch over it, and pull the pieces of fabric back together? Not sure I could do either *well* but.. that's another issue.

Fils1.jpg

And just as a bit of curiosity on my part - from the pics I've seen it looks like most of the bag is rugged twill, not tin-cloth - also has leather where the handles join on to the bag instead of fabric - am I right in thinking that means it was one of the earlier Journeymans?

Fils2.jpg

Don't know if I'll keep it or it'll be a catch and release, but pretty stoked with the find either way.

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been following and reading this thread for a couple of years now without commenting, hoping to get a bit of advice from the hive-mind now.

I won this in an auction yesterday (good price I think, 150AUD/100USD) and there are a few parts where the storm lining has worn through - see below.

In terms of repair, would y'all say my best bet is to reinforce with more material, or to just stitch over it, and pull the pieces of fabric back together? Not sure I could do either *well* but.. that's another issue.

View attachment 2177807

And just as a bit of curiosity on my part - from the pics I've seen it looks like most of the bag is rugged twill, not tin-cloth - also has leather where the handles join on to the bag instead of fabric - am I right in thinking that means it was one of the earlier Journeymans?

View attachment 2177809

Don't know if I'll keep it or it'll be a catch and release, but pretty stoked with the find either way.

It has leather across the back at the top too, which I am sure changed later on. Not a first edition, no rivets on the straps where the leather meets, but maybe second. I like it! I also probably wouldn't bother repairing the storm flap until the rest of the bag wore down and would then send it over to Filson for some fancy repairs.

aharon

Reaction score
It has leather across the back at the top too, which I am sure changed later on. Not a first edition, no rivets on the straps where the leather meets, but maybe second. I like it! I also probably wouldn't bother repairing the storm flap until the rest of the bag wore down and would then send it over to Filson for some fancy repairs.
Do Filson repair goods bought secondhand? I assumed they wouldn't so happy to give it a go myself, but if they do that's great!

Appreciate your thoughts on the edition - will be good to have a look at the tag and see what it says.

I may already have an OG and Cinder Journeyman, need to get a tan, and black, to round out the collection 😅

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
Do Filson repair goods bought secondhand? I assumed they wouldn't so happy to give it a go myself, but if they do that's great!

Appreciate your thoughts on the edition - will be good to have a look at the tag and see what it says.

I may already have an OG and Cinder Journeyman, need to get a tan, and black, to round out the collection 😅

I see no reason why they should know or care!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads