• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score

In the meantime, I dare you! ---- >>
Interesting that these are essentially separates, I want to try just the waistcoat out of this one

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ByTheOcean

Reaction score
Do you guys think this coat would be warm enough for a Swedish winter(pretty close to NYC i think)? It's cut quite deep, so I'm worried that my breast will freeze. Obviously I will wear a scarf with it, but is it enough? Maybe I should get a vest and wear under, or is that hard to pull off?

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That coat, like all coats put out by SS, is far too short to offer much warmth. The buttoning point being that low doesn't help either. My advice is to not buy coats from SS. Find something that is less fashion, and more function.

Last edited:

MeachamLake

Reaction score
Do you guys think this coat would be warm enough for a Swedish winter(pretty close to NYC i think)? It's cut quite deep, so I'm worried that my breast will freeze. Obviously I will wear a scarf with it, but is it enough? Maybe I should get a vest and wear under, or is that hard to pull off?

I have this coat (Vicenza fit) but in charcoal grey. Buttoning point is higher and it's much longer than the model pictures indicate - I have no idea why they style the coats in such a weird way, as it does them no favours. Shame, since it's the best fitting coat I've ever owned. Will post pics sometime in the next few days.

That being said, it's not a very thick coat - perhaps it won't be warm enough for the kinds of conditions your describing.

sdfzs

Reaction score

Do you guys think this coat would be warm enough for a Swedish winter(pretty close to NYC i think)? It's cut quite deep, so I'm worried that my breast will freeze. Obviously I will wear a scarf with it, but is it enough? Maybe I should get a vest and wear under, or is that hard to pull off?

Stockholm based...

Got that in charcoal from last year and its basically just warm enough for the current Stockholm weather. It's way off looking into winter needs. Not so much due to the cut but it's rather thin and you can't layer underneath it

Last edited:

ByTheOcean

Reaction score

Stockholm based...

Got that in charcoal from last year and its basically just warm enough for the current Stockholm weather. It's way off looking into winter needs. Not so much due to the cut but it's rather thin and you can't layer underneath it

I see. Are any of SS's coats warm enough?

mbaltazar

Reaction score
Stockholm based...

Within SS price range, check Charles Tyrwhitt for overcoats: http://www.ctshirts.com/eu/mens-outerwear/coats/overcoats/

I got mine there last year. Wool and Cashmere, decent length and covers one chest high enough not to freeze... and hurry because they sell out quite fast, I missed what I wanted 2 years in a row.

Last edited:

sdfzs

Reaction score

Not for cold winter weather really but that's of course pending what you do and how formal you need/want to look.

For times when you need to look formal, might go from outdoors to indoors without being able to take it off it naturally work. It's not a Fjällräven down parka for sure
but then again a completely different style and purpose.

As background perhaps should be mentioned is that i size the same in their overcoats as in their jackets and consequently will get a rather snug overcoat without possibility to layer anything else.

I find the cut of some of their DB far more generous btw allowing a bit more underneath. I just returned this one due to being to big but if you look into material it's obviously a bit thicker but still not a winter overcoat for cold weather

MeachamLake

Reaction score
I love SuitSupply - but for the love of god, why does their sizing seem to be wildly inconsistent? I ordered a plain blue Napoli in the same size as my Washington fit - 46R - and the trousers on the Napoli are infinitely slimmer than the Washington. This is totally bizarre as the literature indicates that the Napoli is the most classic fitting suit, and the Washington is the most fashion forward, slim cut of the lot.

What about the Sienna? Are the shoulders totally unpadded? Does it fit really slim? I'm considering giving it a go, as I like the styling. Thank god the returns process is free...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics