• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TWEEEEEDDDDD

Reaction score
I have a single breasted that hits right below the thigh, I love it, fits on par with their other regular sizes. I wear a 44R and its a 44R, I tried a 46R to wear over a suit coat (which I wear in the washington fit) but I didn't like it (too bulky).

angelescrest

Reaction score
Bang for the buck! The DB model is very slim!
Can you provide more color on this? I, too, am interested in their overcoats--most likely the DB models. Maybe the camel, maybe the navy, with the wider, peaked lapels.

I have a Sienna navy suit, and it's a 40R, which fits pretty snug. Would a 40R DB overcoat fit over that, or should I size up to a 42R? Or would a 42R not even work? I've tried some manufacturers that size coats to fit like suit jackets--I'm thinking especially J.Crew's topcoats. So when you say it's very slim--that does concern me.

Next question--how warm is it? What's the weight? I'm looking for something that will handle a Chicago winter.

Finally, has anyone tried the yak coat? I'm curious as to how warm the yak fibers is. I've heard it's like merino--light and warm, but potentially warmer? They have a darker brown one that looks great, and is the same price.

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you provide more color on this?  I, too, am interested in their overcoats--most likely the DB models.  Maybe the camel, maybe the navy, with the wider, peaked lapels.  

I have a Sienna navy suit, and it's a 40R, which fits pretty snug.  Would a 40R DB overcoat fit over that, or should I size up to a 42R?  Or would a 42R not even work?  I've tried some manufacturers that size coats to fit like suit jackets--I'm thinking especially J.Crew's topcoats.  So when you say it's very slim--that does concern me.

Next question--how warm is it?  What's the weight?  I'm looking for something that will handle a Chicago winter.

Finally, has anyone tried the yak coat?  I'm curious as to how warm the yak fibers is.  I've heard it's like merino--light and warm, but potentially warmer?  They have a darker brown one that looks great, and is the same price.

The one posted earlier this page is fairly warm. I wore it in the upper 20s and was fine last winter. It didn't get much cooler than that in DC last winter.

The weight is on the description online.

No need to size up. It's snug but mine doesn't wrinkle a suit jacket under it and I actually sized down for mine because I wanted it extra slim.

angelescrest

Reaction score

The one posted earlier this page is fairly warm. I wore it in the upper 20s and was fine last winter. It didn't get much cooler than that in DC last winter.

The weight is on the description online.

No need to size up. It's snug but mine doesn't wrinkle a suit jacket under it and I actually sized down for mine because I wanted it extra slim.

Helpful thoughts on the sizing. I'm guessing your suit shoulders are unstructured?

Yeah last winter was pretty mild.

I don't see any info on fabric weights on their website, but I am looking on an iPad if it makes a difference.

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Helpful thoughts on the sizing. I'm guessing your suit shoulders are unstructured?

Yeah last winter was pretty mild.

I don't see any info on fabric weights on their website, but I am looking on an iPad if it makes a difference.

Weight is between 15-16 oz.

I'd honestly order your chest size. The sa got me to size down which at the time I regretted but I lost even more weight so it's spot on.

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score

riton

Reaction score
If anyone is interested by a proxy from Europe, don't hesitate to contact me via private message.

Prices in Europe are much cheaper compared to US even after taking into account shipping and proxy fees. Thanks !

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called the Toronto store. One sales persons said they don't have an ETA when peacoats will be in store. I need to replace mine, as I grown out of it

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Civil_style