• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question.

Which is supposed to be more "fitted" the Washington or Lazio?

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question.

Which is supposed to be more "fitted" the Washington or Lazio?

The Washington is "suppose" to be more fitted, and usually is but as stated many times here before, their size control can be pretty bad. The Lazio is definitely a slimmer fit as well though.

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Washington by a country mile. I had to have the waist of my Lazio taken in, but my Washington was already slim enough out of the box. Not a huge fan of the shoulders, though, but that's another story.

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Washington is "suppose" to be more fitted, and usually is but as stated many times here before, their size control can be pretty bad. The Lazio is definitely a slimmer fit as well though.

Washington by a country mile. I had to have the waist of my Lazio taken in, but my Washington was already slim enough out of the box. Not a huge fan of the shoulders, though, but that's another story.

Thank you gentlemen. I own several SS suits (none of the Lazio variety however) but it's been a of couple years since I've actually bought anything from the brand.

villagepark

Reaction score
I just got my first suit from suitsupply. It is grey check lazio. The fabric is very thick and furry perfect for winter. The guy at the store said that they can only make the sleeve 0.5" longer since it has real buttons. He said it wouldn't be optimal length but that it would be long enough. I wasn't sure if 0.5" is enough. What do you guys think?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleeves way too short

villagepark

Reaction score
That's what i was afraid of. Not sure why they tried to tell me with 0.5" it would be ok. It's 34r too bad the smallest l is 38l.

facet

Reaction score

Doubtful

Things that end up in the outlet are either too expensive for popular demand (I am waiting personally for the blue Vicenza in cashmere that was 999 to appear in the outlet for 499) http://us.suitsupply.com/default/coats/blue-overcoat/J408I.html (When they took it away a few weeks ago, there were tons of sizes, so I know they have it in stock)

Or things that are too bold for most people (especially accessories like bags, etc)

This dark green jacket is pretty practical and sizes are already disappearing (but I am guessing they had a low initial stock and will restock in Nov-Dec)

Also. even if well-stocked, it won't be availble for outlet until 2018 as has been the pattern for the last few seasons.

I saw that jacket on a trip to Seattle. I agree, it's a beautiful jacket. I passed on it though as I thought the fabric was too think for what I was looking for.

Spandexter

Reaction score

Thank you gentlemen. I own several SS suits (none of the Lazio variety however) but it's been a of couple years since I've actually bought anything from the brand.

From what I know of your style you might not like the shoulders on the Lazio. They're about as structured as I like to go and you're a fair bit less formal than me
1f60a.png

Last edited:

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The newer Washington are 2.5 button and the older model were 2 button - so yes, the lapel is slimmer on the newer model with the new lapel roll. It appears the Washington Half are still all 2 button...

New lapels:

Older lapels:
I just now noticing this with the Washington fit. I prefer the old Washington

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I know of your style you might not like the shoulders on the Lazio. They're about as structured as I like to go and you're a fair bit less formal than me
1f60a.png

I'm quite flattered sir, thanks! And I also appreciate our exchanges via Instagram.

Got a wedding coming up soon and I was looking for a more affordable option versus going to my local tailor. That light gray flannel Lazio has been on my mind for weeks. But the super structured shoulders are a concern...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eazy e lover