• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love SuitSupply - but for the love of god, why does their sizing seem to be wildly inconsistent? I ordered a plain blue Napoli in the same size as my Washington fit - 46R - and the trousers on the Napoli are infinitely slimmer than the Washington. This is totally bizarre as the literature indicates that the Napoli is the most classic fitting suit, and the Washington is the most fashion forward, slim cut of the lot. 

What about the Sienna? Are the shoulders totally unpadded? Does it fit really slim? I'm considering giving it a go, as I like the styling. Thank god the returns process is free...

That's what I can't stand as well, and even in the same model you'll get a suit that fits differently. I was in store yesterday trying on a Lazio in my normal size and the sleeve length were much too short. One of the sales associates who refused to leave my side wanted to insist I could make it fit even after I said it was too short. He wanted me to rest my hands on my sides in front of him because apparently it will make a difference then when I do that alone. Then after him finally admitting it was short he said it could be lengthened and I just couldn't talk to the guy anymore because he said it would still look good with that big of a gap.

This was all after I told him I didn't need his help when he couldn't even find a cloth I was originally looking for on their IPad, insisted the cloth he was showing me on the tablet was the one I was talking about or that I was just confused, and I ended up having to pull out my phone and just show him myself. Fortunately this was the first bad experience I had with a sales associate but man I just realized how annoying it can be for someone to listen to fit advice from someone in tight pants and short jackets.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I assume the sales associates are on commission. I have had good success by explaining to the salesperson that I like to browse by myself and that I will absolutely come and find them when I am ready to checkout. Fortunately the last few times I have gone there I have gotten the same guy, and he knows the deal.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicago store has gone to rubbish, but thankfully I'm told corporate is bringing back some of the original managers to revamp the overall shopping experience.

I once seen a SA actually try to convince a conservative (assumingly) 50 somethings gentleman that a plaid DB suit would be a good idea. Regardless, I still believe that MTM (non Suitsupply) is a more compelling option when you're already paying $600 plus $100 in alterations.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
In the meantime, I dare you! ---- >>

Interesting that these are essentially separates, I want to try just the waistcoat out of this one

Damn that is bold. I can see how I would wear the jacket and waistcoat separately, but not the trousers.

Send a message to their online customer service and ask if they can reserve one for you. They have it in one of their brick and mortar stores and can dispatch it from there.

Thanks I'll try this soon, unluckily I'm a size 32 which is one of the sizes that always seems to be out of stock, especially when I see something I really like (unless it came out very recently) and even then I have to be VERY quick.

I'm pretty sure at the start of the season a customer service representative on the website chat told me that there weren't going to be any double-breasted camel coats this year, so I decided to buy the brown double-breasted yak wool coat instead, which is quite annoying because I would've definitely kept an eye out if they had given me a heads-up.

That coat, like all coats put out by SS, is far too short to offer much warmth. The buttoning point being that low doesn't help either. My advice is to not buy coats from SS. Find something that is less fashion, and more function.

That's fine as it doesn't really get that cold in London (for me at least), I often find with thicker coats I'll end up getting too warm, and if I take the coat off I'll feel cold, so Suitsupply seems to be the right balance for my winter coats for now, and I do really like some of the styles they have.

pomor

Reaction score

Damn that is bold. I can see how I would wear the jacket and waistcoat separately, but not the trousers.

Thanks I'll try this soon, unluckily I'm a size 32 which is one of the sizes that always seems to be out of stock, especially when I see something I really like (unless it came out very recently) and even then I have to be VERY quick.

I'm pretty sure at the start of the season a customer service representative on the website chat told me that there weren't going to be any double-breasted camel coats this year, so I decided to buy the brown double-breasted yak wool coat instead, which is quite annoying because I would've definitely kept an eye out if they had given me a heads-up.

That's fine as it doesn't really get that cold in London (for me at least), I often find with thicker coats I'll end up getting too warm, and if I take the coat off I'll feel cold, so Suitsupply seems to be the right balance for my winter coats for now, and I do really like some of the styles they have.

I don't get bothered by the actual temperature but by the windchill.

So, if it's in the 20s F ( ~5 C) in Stockholm, London, NYC and Chicago, it would feel coldest in Chicago and Stockholm, but would feel warmer in NYC and London as the latter two generally experience much less wind. So for me, I like to choose something that would still look non-bulky, but keep the wind at bay. I also tend to walk briskly so I overheat if I have too much on me.

I do remember walking around the Red Square in Moscow in early January one time, and it was about -38-40 C, so you could literally see your breath freeze

Last edited:

dddibakar

Reaction score
Anyone wants to sell check trouser in grey or blue size 26??? This may be the wrong place to ask but the website is all out of stock in my size. PM me. Thanks.

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score

For SuitSupply suits, the trousers are hemmed, with no extra fabric for cuffs, correct?

There is 4/5cm extra fabric. It is possible to make cuffs of the pants need to be shortend. It is possible to make a "false" cuff if you have arround 7/8cm extra fabric.

pomor

Reaction score
Wow, today they added 3 jackets, 2 Soho suits, 3 overcoats and a new waistcoat.

I am grabbing the dark green jacket personally.

The gray Soho suit will probably sell out in a matter of days. $499 Reda. I would have grabbed it except I just bought a Reda gray Havana suit a few weeks ago...

P.S. I knew this was going to be a slow rollout. I mean, they added the first pieces of the collection July 31, and it's now October 11, and they are still adding this year's FW

Last edited:

groovingrover

Reaction score
Am I seeing things wrong, or does the grey Soho appear to have patch pockets in the picture with the model and then jetted pockets in the other pictures?

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
Wow, today they added 3 jackets, 2 Soho suits, 3 overcoats and a new waistcoat.

I am grabbing the dark green jacket personally.

The gray Soho suit will probably sell out in a matter of days. $499 Reda. I would have grabbed it except I just bought a Reda gray Havana suit a few weeks ago...

P.S. I knew this was going to be a slow rollout. I mean, they added the first pieces of the collection July 31, and it's now October 11, and they are still adding this year's FW

green looks great. i'll wait though, no way that one doesn't end up in the outlet

Eken

Reaction score
Am I seeing things wrong, or does the grey Soho appear to have patch pockets in the picture with the model and then jetted pockets in the other pictures?
I think the model is wearing the VBC Madison with patch pockets and no cuffs from the SS collection. It's very similar.

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score

green looks great.  i'll wait though, no way that one doesn't end up in the outlet

Doubtful

Things that end up in the outlet are either too expensive for popular demand (I am waiting personally for the blue Vicenza in cashmere that was 999 to appear in the outlet for 499) http://us.suitsupply.com/default/coats/blue-overcoat/J408I.html (When they took it away a few weeks ago, there were tons of sizes, so I know they have it in stock)

Or things that are too bold for most people (especially accessories like bags, etc)

This dark green jacket is pretty practical and sizes are already disappearing (but I am guessing they had a low initial stock and will restock in Nov-Dec)

Also. even if well-stocked, it won't be availble for outlet until 2018 as has been the pattern for the last few seasons.

Last edited:

nick123brown

Reaction score
Ordered a charcoal Washington that was in store in Vigo St store but not online, very helpful online chat lady :)

Hopefully they can bring the order up to 3 sizes/pay for one feature over to the UK soon!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babara