• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This makes me think I should go hassle Dalcuore again. Seeing as, while it was a while ago, I brought the issue up to them and it’s recent enough that they haven’t delivered me my trousers that they were supposed to adjust. (I gave them the trousers to adjust in Napoli around a year ago & they said they’d send them.)

I guess I gave up 🤷🏻‍♂️. But I suppose it doesn’t hurt to try again - I didn’t want to give them the jacket back because I had no confidence I’d ever see it again (still haven’t seen those trousers), but I don’t wear it as it doesn’t fit anyways, so what difference does it make?
Wow! I was in Napoli in September and almost booked an appointment with Dalcuore. But I heard some other stories similar to yours that kept me from pulling the trigger...

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! I was in Napoli in September and almost booked an appointment with Dalcuore. But I heard some other stories similar to yours that kept me from pulling the trigger...
IMG_2132.jpeg

I get a chuckle out of it. Cristina’s instagram bio roughly translates to “if you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.”

the irony, aside from the blatant reverse misogyny.

But I digress. I suspect they’d have cared more if I reordered or they thought I’d reorder. But they know I visit Italy these days (I started the order in New York back in 2018 before zizolfi, or Pirozzi visited New York).

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rubinacci?
Nah. I just ended up with a bench-made RTW Orazio Luciano because I was able to try on a [nearly] finished jacket and KNOW the fit was solid and I wouldn't need to enter into any sort of back-and-forth with the tailor. I just didn't trust the bespoke process with any of the usual suspects in Naples relative to the amount of time and money I was willing to commit. I know many of the folks here have great stuff from many of those folks, but I've also heard so many negative stories, so...

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah. I just ended up with a bench-made RTW Orazio Luciano because I was able to try on a [nearly] finished jacket and KNOW the fit was solid and I wouldn't need to enter into any sort of back-and-forth with the tailor. I just didn't trust the bespoke process with any of the usual suspects in Naples relative to the amount of time and money I was willing to commit. I know many of the folks here have great stuff from many of those folks, but I've also heard so many negative stories, so...
That’s smart, and, as far as rtw is concerned, orazio does a pretty good & consistent job.

If you want someone traveling, I think we discussed this a few pages back: nunzio Pirozzi, zizolfi & Ciardi are the big names that deliver a pretty decent product. That’s just from what I’ve seen / heard.

Maybe others have had better experiences with Dalcuore, but, unfortunately, I cannot recommend them based on my own experience. At this point, for a Napoli tailor charging 3000€+, I ask myself if I’m better off with other tailors who I already work with. And my answer is yes.

But, this is where the fun in finding a Napoli tailor begins. The international Napoli tailors are the usual suspects and, thus, are a little boring to me. It’s the unknown guys without an instagram that are interesting

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was this the green jacket you posted a few months back?

Old Red

Reaction score
What are your thoughts Ghenuardi and will you have more garments made up? The fabric looks like its suitable for pants to be made as well, no?
Wearing CM is something I'm doing late in life and I've enjoyed meeting with Joseph and talking over what he and his people are making for me.

I first met him last August to commission a suit. At that meeting my wife said I should get a coat too. Who am I to argue? This is the jacket and I have a final fitting on the suit in a couple weeks. Last month I had fitting on both garments and while there commissioned another suit.

And as to your question about the fabric being suitable for pants; that is something I would ask Joseph and have every confidence in his answer.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
An update from Pastena. Cloth is Caccioppoli 80/20 silk/linen. Should make for a excellent casual jacket with undyed denim and stone linen trou.

Caccio forward.jpg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads