• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually wonder if Meermin has a record of shipping out MTO orders earlier than planned. I managed to get in the MTO for their latest pair of shell cordovan and expected ship date was July. Any chance I can expect a June shipment?

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Meermin-with-patterned-calf (Museum calf, etc.) owners: how do you take care of it?

I'm afraid of getting a pair and gradually dying it the colour of the wax I'll use, making the pattern disappear. I've never had shoes with much of a patina so this is new to me. I've "converted" a light brown pair to cognac with ample application of Saphir and was surprised at how fast it happens. Do you use transparent products to avoid the problem?
Good afternoon Sir! We recommend neutral cream and wax for the museum calf, this way you´ll not hide the pattern. Just let us know if you need further assistance.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually wonder if Meermin has a record of shipping out MTO orders earlier than planned. I managed to get in the MTO for their latest pair of shell cordovan and expected ship date was July. Any chance I can expect a June shipment?
The one shell double monk I participated in through GMTO was supposed to arrive in may, and I received it on 12th May.

db78

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Meermin compares to Allen Edmond's 8 last? I have a pair of AE Hales in 9.5D that fits me pretty much perfectly. Wonder what that is to Meermin? I also have a pair of Meermin's Hiro in size 8.5 that fits pretty well, but not as snug as the Hales. I'm a little hesitant to size down on the Meermin because of how hard the leather was (and still a little after wearing them weekly for 6 months now), but would love to try to get the same snug fit as the Hales.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you mainly brush your shoes, you will have no problem using once a year any wax: light, neutral or even black. I use darker colours and then brush. I do not use neutral creams/waxes ever.

FSH88

Reaction score
Hi.

I have bought the Meermin double monks and are experiencing some wrinkling with the leather as illustrated on the pictures:

Is this normal or is it bad leather quality for the meermin shoes? It seems like the leather is lifting itself. I have not experienced this with C&J, Church's or Alfred Sargent shoes that I also have. However, those are not monk shoes.

Carl1955

Reaction score
Hi.

I have bought the Meermin double monks and are experiencing some wrinkling with the leather as illustrated on the pictures:

Is this normal or is it bad leather quality for the meermin shoes? It seems like the leather is lifting itself. I have not experienced this with C&J, Church's or Alfred Sargent shoes that I also have. However, those are not monk shoes.

Personally I'd use some Saphir cream on them, but to be honest Meermin aren't C&J,Church's or Alfred Sargent

Regards

Carl.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have a solution to leather rubbing against leather and causing squeaks?

The pair of suede oxfords I picked up and posted about earlier creates squeaks around the upper lacing where the tongue is tied down. The suede is rubbing against the leather lining. When I flex my ankle upward the sound is quite noticeable especially when going up stairs. Not so much when I am walking though if I am going at a faster pace it is noticeable.

Should I be treating the leather lining with something? Never experienced this before with my other leather and suede shoes.

Sign of cheap leather?!...ha jk...

palodelincak

Reaction score
Anyone have a solution to leather rubbing against leather and causing squeaks?

The pair of suede oxfords I picked up and posted about earlier creates squeaks around the upper lacing where the tongue is tied down. The suede is rubbing against the leather lining. When I flex my ankle upward the sound is quite noticeable especially when going up stairs. Not so much when I am walking though if I am going at a faster pace it is noticeable.

Should I be treating the leather lining with something? Never experienced this before with my other leather and suede shoes.

Sign of cheap leather?!...ha jk...

I had this problem with my double monks and I used fabric tape on the lining above the tongue and problem solved. Not invasive method and easy to revert :).

estranged

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking to buy this Meermin suede Chukka, and they only have either UK size 7/ or 9. Now I am usually size 43 Eur, which is 9 UK. I heard Meermin fit much bigger, so do you think this will not workout for me? I think 7/ will be too small and 9 will be too big, or?

Jarmo

Reaction score
I meant if the shape of plate is exactly the same as the shape of sole...? Or you had to sand the plate shape so it aligns with sole shape?
Oh, right! It is very close to the shape of the sole (there are different sizes). The plate is minimally narrower than the sole, but no sanding was needed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads