• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After receiving my first pair of Meermins I got a bill from FedEx for import duties. The shoes didn't fit and I had to send them back. Instead of including a check in the return envelope to FedEx I wrote a note to explain the shoes were returned, and included a copy of the documents to prove I'd sent them back. That was the end of it.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I purchase Meermin shoes (or any other shoes from out of the country), and I pay DHL or UPS the duties, shouldn't I be able to get it back if I send back the shoes?

After receiving my first pair of Meermins I got a bill from FedEx for import duties. The shoes didn't fit and I had to send them back. Instead of including a check in the return envelope to FedEx I wrote a note to explain the shoes were returned, and included a copy of the documents to prove I'd sent them back. That was the end of it.

Thanks. However my question pertains to getting money back after paying. For example ups requires payment before delivery. So there's no way to know if I'll be returning the shoes until after payment (this happened with an a Testoni order).

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received these today from a GMTO (re-run from 2014). Oxford LM in brown museum calf on Olfe last.

A couple of minor flaws to get the attention of QC..

I am very satisfied.

Last edited:

jcohen26

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New to the Meermin section of this forum. The White's section really helped me pick out a great pair of boots i love.

I recently bought a pair of the Dark Brown Monk Straps in the Hiro last in a size 9.5. They're absolutely gorgeous and i'm going to post some pictures of them soon. They're my second pair of meermins so far.

But....i completely flubbed up. I forgot about the UK sizing and ordered a 9.5 instead of an 8.5 :( if anyone is interested i am looking to get rid of these for a fair price. Exchanging is too much money to send back to Madrid.

So I ordered the correct size and on top of that decided to order the Snuff Suede Chelsea's. I've been craving for a nice pair of Chelsea's for a while and they look really awesome. I'll make sure to post some pics once I get them in hand so you guys can see.

If anyone wants my size 9.5 Dark Brown Monk Straps in the meantime send me a PM! i have great reviews on Grailed and Reddit. Thanks!

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 of their belts, they do the job and have lasted but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend them, would only get them if it was going to be hard to find a belt to match a particular pair of meermins.

Equus leather belts are pretty awesome or of you want to stick with raised leather, berg and berg, the armoury or carmina will all give you some top notch long lasting belts.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
What are the physical differences that justify these reviews? Does the Meermin not wear as well, or is it visibly not as well done as the others and how? Do you have any photos?

Pb924

Reaction score
@crdb I own a meermin belt that I bought about a year and a half ago with a pair of shoes. It is my go to brown dress belt. I wear it almost daily. I can't speak to the other brands Osiris mentioned, although I'm sure they are nice, but I can definitely recommend meermin belts with confidence. They are very reasonably priced and seem to fit the bill as far as simple dress belts go. I would own more but paying for international shipping (I'm in the US) for a belt seems silly. If I ever purchase another pair of meermin shoes I would most certainly add a belt to my cart.

KOdelphia

Reaction score
This is a Meermin and shoe sizing in general question to anyone out there: I've always struggled size-wize, even after working as a shoe salesmen for a few years during college. I have pretty narrow (C), but very very flat feet, so my toes splay and spread quite a bit, and feel very constricted. My left foot is also over a half size bigger than my right, at a 9.5 to the right's nine. I tried some things on, measured my feet, used the sizeadvisors site, consulted with meermin, and got an 8.5UK in the black calf cap toe for my upcoming wedding. They just arrived, look fantastic, and don't fit at all!

I can barely get into them, and the left especially feels like my foot is in a vice. I really need to the shoes soon, and I want to support Meermin but i can't afford sending them back and forth. I went out today to get a safety pair of Melton's from Johnston and Murphy (the only place within an hour with someone I trust a little for sizing, a friend of mine works there.) worked with him, and walked out with a 10, which really solved a lot of my problems. The length keeps my toes crush-proof, and they are pretty narrow (the 9.5 almost killed me,) so they aren't too sloppy. I'm a little short so i've shied away from going too long before now, and it's a little late, but it seems like a solid solution.

TLDR: To try to end this rambling post: does anyone have a very solid recommendation for meermin? Should I go all the way up to a 9.5 in the Hiro last and hope the right isn't comically long and they arent too sloppy, or try a narrower last like the elton? Or should I just retreat to american brands I can get with free return shipping? I love meermin and the value and craftsmanship, esp since being in the military means i don't wear them much, but man I have picky feet. Thanks a ton for any recommendations.

Kevin O

Last edited:

MellonC

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. And I really mean the same including the toe splay issue along with left shoe needing to be bigger than the right. I just buy 1/2 size larger trying to fit the left side. And I always use a 3/4 length orthotics (the slim kind that does not take up so much room).

And in this case I'd stick with on shore merchandise given that people like us need to try different widths and sizes at least twice if not three times. I don't generally like AE. So Alden plaza last works out at C width for me. YMMV. If you need to keep Meermin price point, it'll be tough. Though I think Kent Wang shoes may do the trick.

porphyrio

Reaction score
Anyone have experiences with the Hiro G-fit? There's a few in the MTO groups now, but I couldn't find much information over here about them. Some posts I've read say they are an EE/EEE in width.

How should I size? 8E brannock, 7.5EEE in AE 5-last (Rui last is perfect in width at UK7, regular Hiro is too tight width/instep-wise)

Last edited:

doomx

Reaction score
Any experience with the Bob last in terms of sizing?

I am a 9D/E in AE 65 last and I have figured I would be a 8.5 in the Hiro last since the 9D in AE 65 causes some toe pains.

Any thoughts on this? Is a 8.5 Hiro off? What should I go for in the Bob?

Keep in mind that I have a heel spur that will not tolerate an extended break in period. Thank you.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the general experience with Meermin belts? Any feedback is welcome! Thanks
Got my belt today. To be honest, I'm not impressed at all for two reasons:

1/ The leather feels cheap, lacks thickness and volume and there is so much more that could be done in term of finishing
2/ The sizing is off. They recommend belt size 32 for 30'' waist as most other retailers would say. However, I am a 30'' and their 32 belt is still short, 34 would be much better for me.

For the price tag, they can be good essentials but I would not recommend them as you can find much better belts for the same price tag. Magnanni or British Belt Co. do a solid job on their belts and I think I'd still with them in the future for belts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads