• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bought suede double monks last year and have worn them less than 20 times. These are my favorite pair. After wear today, I noticed a chip coming off the rubber sole. This looks exactly like the previous post. I love meermin and have 8 of their shoes. This is very discouraging. I'll contact them as well. Even if they offer free repair, the cost of shipping will suck. Anything I can do other than resoling both shoes?
A good coblber can cut off the rubber front and replace it with rubber or metal toe taps.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/296779/flush-metal-toe-taps-vs-rubber-flush-toe-taps

danielyam

Reaction score
Received these gorgeous pebble-grained chestnut Tan Longwings earlier today. My first pair of meermins in fact.

The leather was more of a darker shade than the normal Tan. A pity that I would have to return these due to a manufacturing safety defect.

Cumbersome return process. it will probably take another 2 - 3 weeks before I would be able to enjoy these shoes.

Last edited:

Win545

Reaction score

Received these gorgeous pebble-grained chestnut Tan Longwings earlier today. My first pair of meermins in fact.

The leather was more of a darker shade than the normal Tan. A pity that I would have to return these due to a manufacturing safety defect.

Cumbersome return process. it will probably take another 2 - 3 weeks before I would be able to enjoy these shoes.

Whats the defect on these?

prakticala

Reaction score

Wow, they look good!

MKanto

Reaction score
Hello!

Just orderd my first Meermin shoes.

Oak Antique Calf Oxfords with matching belt and shoe creme.

Any advice and tips for a shoe newbie?
Already prepared myself with shoe blocks, brushes and stuff for shoe care.
But should i think of anything els?

All tips and tricks will be appreciated!

Have a nice weekend
//MKanto

danielyam

Reaction score

Hello!

Just orderd my first Meermin shoes.

Oak Antique Calf Oxfords with matching belt and shoe creme.

Any advice and tips for a shoe newbie?
Already prepared myself with shoe blocks, brushes and stuff for shoe care.
But should i think of anything els?

All tips and tricks will be appreciated! 

Have a nice weekend
//MKanto

Add on the Saphir wax polish (to bring to a mirror shine) as well as the Saphir renovateur (for moisturising purposes). Google the hanger project, presidential shoeshine

Wow, they look good!

Yes indeed!
Whats the defect on these?
Qr
Protruding exposed nail of about one cm, on the right shoe, near the forefoot area. Thus making the shoe logically not safe to wear. Fortunately, my sock got tangled up instead of my flesh when I tried on the shoe. A little disappointed I would have to return these shoes to meermin first, before they will ship the replacement pair. I thought they could ship me the replacement pair out of goodwill instead of me having to wait 2-3 weeks for the replacement, as if it's my fault. considering my options on either a replacement or get a refund and move on.

Last edited:

tomrakewell

Reaction score

finita

Reaction score
Could someone help me with sizing and last choose?

Foot with thin sock measurements:

Length - 27,5 cm = 10,8 inches
Width - 11 cm = 4,3 inches
Girth (circumference) - 26 cm = 10,2 inches

And here is a foot shape picture:

Jarmo

Reaction score
I had ordered these too, but found it hard to find suitable nails or screws. What do you use? Would be great if you could provide a link ...
I didn't really find suitable nails. I had to cut some small nails to length with wire cutters so they wouldn't go through the whole shoe. I also used glue to secure both the plate and the nails. They have been holding out well thus far.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could someone help me with sizing and last choose?

Foot with thin sock measurements:

Length - 27,5 cm = 10,8 inches
Width - 11 cm = 4,3 inches
Girth (circumference) - 26 cm = 10,2 inches

And here is a foot shape picture:

Email Meermin, I'm sure they can help.

finita

Reaction score
Already emailed, they said "perhaps 9 uk". But I suspect that my "Girth (circumference) - 26 cm = 10,2 inches" is to much for 9UK. Maybe someone here could approve it.

Bruges

Reaction score
You just have to accept that your first pair might not have to right size. I also obsessed to find the right information before my first purchase, but it's always trial and error.

Usonian

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Ron loafers?

I'm generally a 10.5EE, but I suspect I may be a 10EE. I own three pairs of meermin on the hiro last in 10uk, and they all fit completely fine once broken in width wise, but I suspect may have perhaps half a size too much length to them.

So this questionable length has me curious about a loafer, which I wouldn't have the opportunity to tie any tighter. So, if anyone has experience with wide feet and the hiro and Ron last on loafers, please do share it.

Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads