• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

victorioussiry

Reaction score
I can vouch for this too. My shell cordovan meermin is so stiff even after deliberately trying to break in some of the parts.
I guess there is no short cut around it but patience.

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
Imho, the RUI last appears to be a little clunky, but full disclosure, I've only seen Hiro first hand.

Phillip
smile.gif

Jarmo

Reaction score
My suede chukka boots are still not properly molded to my heels after over two years of wear. Have you guys given Meermin feedback on this? Maybe they could change their ways a bit if enough people pointed the problem out? Still didn't stop me from ordering this gorgeous pair for the winter!

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My suede chukka boots are still not properly molded to my heels after over two years of wear. Have you guys given Meermin feedback on this? Maybe they could change their ways a bit if enough people pointed the problem out? Still didn't stop me from ordering this gorgeous pair for the winter!
I've seen a cobbler hammer the back of a heel to make it more flexible. Perhaps you could try that?

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
How would you say the sizing is for meermin boots in the hiro and rui. I generally wear a 11.5 in the hiro oxford.

In boots i take both Hiro and Rui in the same size ( 9.5UK). However the Hiro boots are shearling lined so they are a bit more forgiving. I have also Hiro lasted dbl monks and they are super tight in the toes. I probably would not have fit into Hiro lasted oxfords. I also have Ron lasted loafer (same size as the boots) and they are a little more roomy in the front. I have to mention that my foot is fairly avg width for North America, but with higher instep, so most oxfords are no go for me, except Carmina Rain and Loake Capital

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered these same boots! Along with the MTO chelsea suede boots. They will be my first Meermin shoes so I'm excited.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pardon me if this was answered a few months ago, but now that Meermin lists prices in USD and their website states they bill in USD, will my bank charge me a foreign transaction fee for purchases at Meermin?

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heel stiffeners are as hard as a rock.

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Common suppliers of shell cordovan for making shoes are Horween or Shinki. Horween's shell cordovan are generally considered as higher in quality compared with Shinki's. For example, Alden and Carmina use Horween shell cordovan, while Meermin's are from Shinki.

only according to what I have learnt from other gents here. feel free to correct or comment if you have other views.
Meermin still uses shell from Argentina. At least that is what I was told today. Good leather for their price.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heel stiffeners are as hard as a rock.

it seems the tough heel stiffeners are a pretty common issue with Meermin shoes. If so, why are people so into them (I understand it's a more affordable option - but still, to take years to beak in a shoe - is that worthwhile?

Pbayvip

Reaction score
Well, all my LM shoes have broken in nicely and it didn't take long. Also had no problem with chukkas. I think LM shoes and chukkas are great value.
However I do find the boots from the regular line to be very stiff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads