• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any direct experience with the 5-last vs. the Olfe Last. We take it to PM as well. Please let me know as I have a pending MTO program, so I would to get sizing down ASAP.

My main question is, which last is wider: Olfe or 5-last.

Last edited:

agedashidofu

Reaction score

does Pepe not respond to MTO requests for the new (Vil) chiseled last because it isn't ready?

sent a few messages a while back and never received response...

You're not alone
I have never received any response for my MTO requests. BTW...is vil the new last? Because if so then it's not new at all since they've been around for quite some time...

Last edited:

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Not at all. It's light brown alpine grain on the Hiro last. I asked Pepe for pinking on the wings and heel counters. The color in the pic probably looks redder than it does it real life, but it's definitely more on the red side than light brown, which is fine. The color is beautiful in real life and fills a nice hole in my rotation.

Thx a million I may want to copy this but in adelaide design with new rey last...I hope you don't mind ;-)

That is of course if I can get Pepe to reply to my MTO emails hehehe

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx a million I may want to copy this but in adelaide design with new rey last...I hope you don't mind ;-)

That is of course if I can get Pepe to reply to my MTO emails hehehe
Of course not! The leather is great. I've been thinking about an adelaide as well but undecided on leather style or color. Also having trouble getting a response from Pepe in the last few months.

luv2breformed

Reaction score
Does anybody have any direct experience with the 5-last vs. the Olfe Last. We take it to PM as well. Please let me know as I have a pending MTO program, so I would to get sizing down ASAP.

My main question is, which last is wider: Olfe or 5-last.

I recommend you read page 580 of this same thread.

rqc0

Reaction score

I just want to thank leetpuma and claus and all the others who helped me make a proper decision regarding my size!

My order for 102341 - Double Monk Navy Naturcalf (Olfe) UK 8 came in, and they fit about spot on out of the box!

Now instead of worrying about it being too small, I wonder if it will "stretch" out over time?

I will get back in touch with Luisa and tell her to send my other pairs now that I have verified a UK8 fits well for me!
My 2 other pairs will also be Olfe, and the only pair remaining I may be unsure of is the Cordovan boot in Hiro last, but I will still get UK 8 in that as well.

Thank you all!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Help with sizing? Usually 11.5 in US shoes and 10.5 in most UK shoes except Trickers (UK11). Plan to MTO these:

Thanks,

Agrajag

Reaction score
I received my snuff suede chelsea (hiro) boots today, and I must say the color is lovely. Unfortunately, the fit is not that good.

I bought the country calf boots (rui) in size 7,5 and while they are definitely too big, they work quite well as winter boots. I don't mind thick socks and insoles as Norway has cold winters, and I have a tendency to get cold feet inside as well.

I sized down to 7 for the chelseas, as I intended them to be more of a spring/fall pair. Although they have rubber soles, they will probably not be able to handle too much snow and slush. They fit well in the toe box, but are to wide everywhere else. It doesn't help that I have to slimmest ankles known to man (at the very least on a man). With laces I can overcome this "condition", but I can probably put my hand in these without pulling the elastics at all. I will have to send them back.

I would definitely need a last with a lower instep. Have I understood the gentlemen here correctly if I presume the Olfe (and perhaps even new rey) would provide a better fit? How much more narrow are these at the toes?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEERMIN-Mal...7656585?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a8ca3ed89

I am 99% sure these are the ones I sent back as I did notice these blemishes. They would not be enough for me to return them though. So at least we know their QC is good on returns!
If I had lived in the EU and not been an honest man... (Not much to save anyway.)

p.henrik

Reaction score

I'm brewing another GMTO!
Is anyone else interested in the following:

Style: Vass Old English semi brogue cap toe!
Upper: Snuff suede
Last: Thinking Olfe or perhaps the new chiseled last!
Sole: Single or dubble leather
Lining: browinsh to match rest of shoe
Eyelets: 5
And as always initials on the sole and text window are available aswell!
If we get 6 orders or more for the same model there will be no MTO-fee!

Who's in? PM me!

I'm in if on the chiseled last.

p.henrik

Reaction score

You're not alone
I have never received any response for my MTO requests. BTW...is vil the new last? Because if so then it's not new at all since they've been around for quite some time...

I asked a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't in production yet back then at least. Terror would know better.

cezinho

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads