• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO or regular stock

REguy

Reaction score
I have to say my recent communications with Meermin have been first rate (as they always have been for me). I've always gotten responses within 24 hours, and it only took 1 day for Sandro to get my MTOs released from customs. I think there are some cultural and expectation differences that create issues for some, but I'll continue ordering from them until they demonstrate why I shouldn't.

submarine

Reaction score

I am generally a 8.5 to 9 in US sizes, and the 7.5 UK in the Hiro last fits me perfectly across three different laceups and one double monk. I'd suggest the 6.5 if you're solidly a 7.5 in US sizes.

Thanks eljlakers,
I guess I run in between the two sizes, so Ill pick up a pair of UK7s and double up on socks if they run too big.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question, I plan to order a pair of of oxfords some point this spring, that I don't have an issue. My question is anyone on here order Meermin's loafers? I have on average a B to C width with a lower instep how would the Ron and Mos lasts work for me based on other Meermin fans' experiences?

KZ404

Reaction score
I just received back my snuff suede austerity brogue. Sandro has been very helpful is resolving my issue with the shoes (Left shoe had squeaking heels and right shoe had some problems with some of the leather kinda indented near the ball in which was causing a slight discomfort with walking.) Meet with Pepe at the their trunk show in November and he told me he would take the shoes back to the factory to have them re-lasted.

I also requested the shoes to be re-lasted to half a size smaller which Sandro told me that it was no problem. Only concern was that I had tongue pads on them when Pepe took them back and when I received the shoes back the tongue pads were still on. It seems like they re-lasted the shoes while the tongue pads were still on the shoe. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem to be since the shoes fit fairly well, but just a little weird.

I also notice similar problem like Gardet stated, albeit mines seems to be a longer piece of plastic than the one shown by Gardet, but it doesn't seem affect the shoe in anyway.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brown museum calf MTO's arrived last night and they appear to be flawless - brouging, welting, stitching all good. Thanks for organising Alex.

Are these a post-Ilcea museum calf? Last I heard it was up in the air b/c of supplier and I never followed up.

Any pics available?

Also, are there any plans for another run? Thanks.

Marbles

Reaction score
Are these a post-Ilcea museum calf? Last I heard it was up in the air b/c of supplier and I never followed up.

Any pics available?

Also, are there any plans for another run? Thanks.

From what I understand the leather was sourced from Ilcea while they were winding up, and the project was a little delayed because of this. There are a few pics from other members in the previous pages, I doubt I'll remember to post some with my schedule the next few days.

This was a second run for people who missed out on the first. You would be welcome to try and set another up with Pepe, although with Ilcea in liquidation I don't know if you would be able to source the leather.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina 7,5 UK in Rain and Inca last, what would be the equivalent size in meermin Hiro Last ?
I have a 7.5 in the Rain last and several pairs in the Hiro last in 7.5 UK. I would say the Hiro is ever so slightly bigger than the Rain in the same size.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
How do the Olfe and New Ray compare to the Hiro?

infrafai

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wearing Loake (Capital Last) in UK 7, which is perfect fit. What size should i take on Hiro and Olfe last, order UK 7 or necessary to up half size?

Thanks very much.

Understatement

Reaction score
I have a 7.5 in the Rain last and several pairs in the Hiro last in 7.5 UK. I would say the Hiro is ever so slightly bigger than the Rain in the same size.

Imeant to buy a double monk, how intense do they break in, would you recommend sizing down to uk7?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads