• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

konda

Reaction score
JV has some sweet shooz there. The PTB looks very nice - a lot nicer than I would have thought.

Has anyone done comparison between the different loafer lasts? There seems to be 3 different lasts that Meermin uses for loafers. Would be interested in knowing how they actually differ.

Zeppelin

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm contemplating buying the dark brown calf Oxfords from the Classic collection. Does anyone have "real-life" pics of them, preferrably in combination with a whole outfit (pants hem + shoe at least)? Judging the pics on the website, the brown does not seem to be too dark actually. I wonder if that's just the combination of pic + my monitor settings or if they are really rather medium brown.

Thanks in advance & happy New Year!

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I may chime in, I bought a 7.5 UK in the brown suede tassel loafer on the Ron last and found it way too roomy. I have several other pairs in 7.5 UK in the Hiro last and they fit me perfectly straight away and get better with each wear. I'm a little annoyed because I asked Pepe before ordering the loafers if I should take the same size in the Ron last and he said yes. My experience tells differently. I tried to make the loafer work by having a good local cobbler remove the Meermin insole and replace it with an insert, but they just don't work. In fact, if anyone is interested in them, give me a holler. Aside from the insoles having been removed, they are pristine.

Marbles

Reaction score
Marbles: New Rey in 11.5. I do question you actually having a low instep if both Olfe and Hiro fit you perfectly. They do not fit a low instep foot. Reconsider the New Rey.

Thanks Konda, when I say perfectly it is with an insole with a reasonable sized arch built in. Unfortunately I'm yet to find a last that fits well without it.

adig

Reaction score
I really REALLY wanted to go through Meermin for my first pair of shell boots but the shipping times for the most part was a deal breaker for me. I decided to go the Carmina route. Good luck for your shipment sir!

Placed my order October 29th. Was first told 12/6. Then 12/13...sadly still waiting.

Finally heard back from Luisa on 12/17 said they would be ready to ship 12/23...No word since then...

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally heard back from Luisa on 12/17 said they would be ready to ship 12/23...No word since then...

Thanks for the update. I'll give the Meermin the benefit of the doubt as I'm sure they are swamped with orders and trunk shows. Once they can catch up and can at least offer perceived better service then I will look at ordering a pair of shoes from them. Some folks have received shoes from them within a week while others have had to wait a month. For me, I'd rather not take my chances so I'll take my biz elsewhere for now. Let me know you when you have further updates sir.

Ganbatte

Reaction score
Smart choice

I made my order in early Nov, received a pair of shoes in mid Dec but it was not the one I ordered. They got back very quickly and told me that they will ship the correct pair but I have not heard back from them since then......

Last edited:

Geran Brown

Reaction score
Negative reviews are always louder than positive reviews :p

I've had a great experience with Meermin by email and phone. They answered all my questions and I put in my first order in early December and just got my shipment details yesterday. Luisa has been great to communicate with. :slayer:

konda

Reaction score
Is there anyone to date with experience in having an existing last made smaller? For example making a Rui in E-, i.e. in the width of a New Rey.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed Meermin about this but didn't get a great response. Do you buy their belts at your pant waist size or one size higher?

FraudulentTom

Reaction score
Does anyone have sizing advice going from AE 5 last to New Rey? I wear a 10D in AE 5 last, which fits snugly in length and width but is a bit tight in the instep.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent Meermin an email asking if a shoe is in stock in my size and ready to ship because I've come across in the past that they don't always have an accurate inventory.... now it's the next day, no response (but did receive a response to another question send after), but now the shoes have been removed from their website :lol:

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I emailed Meermin about this but didn't get a great response. Do you buy their belts at your pant waist size or one size higher?

I think their email responses are hit or miss depending on how busy they are, but regarding the belt, I ordered a size 34 for a true 33.5-34 waist and it just fit the last rung, so I'd go up one size from what your pants actually measure across the waistband.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads