• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zarium

Reaction score
Sorry for not being clear. What I meant was the stitching line near the laces. Instead of the stiches, it's a broguing line. Maybe my picture was not the best picture but you can google John Lobb Phillip II for better picture.
smile.gif
Ah, now I get what you mean!

kwhunter

Reaction score
it looks like we probably have 4 prospects including me for the next MTO group buy. Terrorsquad was the one who initiated the last group buy. I'm sure we will get a pm from him soon.
Who is the Project Manager? I will sign in too.

JBMarce21

Reaction score
They really are gorgeous and am assuming the Riu last? a little rounder toe box than the Hiro, but either way, you scored on both, last, design etc... I know the "planta paloma" generally refers to the sole treatment, but yours have that nice lacquer finish in the style of Bontoni and Berllutti. Is the Planta finish also inclusive of the treatment of the uppers? beautiful, beautiful choice for MTO
the olfe actually! they really r gorgeous, i am so happy with my choice! thanks for the love

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terrorsquad is facilitating this group buy. He posted a few posts earlier that he was going to email Meermin about a prospective group buy on the John Lobb Phillip II model.

Yup, I'll be handling this. This will be the 6th group buy I'm handling, just finished a group buy for Vass so I'm free to handle this one.

REguy

Reaction score
Is there a comprehensive list of MTO options anywhere, or does Meermin simply produce what you request (within reason)? I'm curious about toe medallions, soles, colors available for both uppers and linings, etc.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a comprehensive list of MTO options anywhere, or does Meermin simply produce what you request (within reason)? I'm curious about toe medallions, soles, colors available for both uppers and linings, etc.

See attached document, price/options as of August 2012. There are more leather options and Meermin is willing to add/cut extra patterns at extra costs. Not sure if they still are willing to adjust last at this time.

REguy

Reaction score
BINGO! Muchas Gracias.

tony456

Reaction score
Hi
I would appreciate some advice as I'm looking for some black cap toes/whole cuts and was eyeing the meermin classic oxfords
As I'm based in the UK, is it worthwhile taking the gamble with these or am I better off buying a pair off (and how do they compare to) Cheaneys/Loakes/Barkers (c&js aren't in my price range) or going to John rushtons to find something in the £100-200 range.
Thanks

kankles

Reaction score
Meermins arrived today. Light brown double monk on the Hiro last. Pics:

Colour on the website doesn't really match what they are in real life. They're much more of a tan. I took photos in a few different rooms so the photos are pretty near to what they actually are which hopefully someone finds helpful. I haven't gone near any cream or waxes yet so that's just them out of the box.

Few minor marks on the left shoe like I've shown in the 4th picture but firstly they're not very noticeable and I don't really mind about them and honestly far worse marks are going to come from general wear and tear but this is the internet - so I'm obliged to be anal about these things.

Cost was €215. Shoes + VAT + trees + delivery.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads