• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to find Gems at Marshalls/Ross/Burlington/TJMAXX/etc...

Krp480

Reaction score
Like I just said, read the post above yours. Marshalls doesn't sell anything fake. They have REAL brands, and ONLY real brands. U.S. polo Assn is like the Ghetto version of RL Polo. It is not however a fake brands, just seems to copy the style. It is similar to how Guess vs. Gucci and their handbags are similar but Guess is a real brand. I consider it however to be like the knockoff Gucci.

dinogj

Reaction score
I guess knockoff is the wrong word. It is a liscenced good made by another company (They pay RL) specifically made cheaper for those stores. Its very real Ralph Lauren, but its not the same $80 polo they sell in their PRL stores.

Krp480

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinogj
I guess knockoff is the wrong word. It is a liscenced good made by another company (They pay RL) specifically made cheaper for those stores. Its very real Ralph Lauren, but its not the same $80 polo they sell in their PRL stores.

Um... Very Wrong. Marshalls gets REAL Polo. There are other imitation brands of polo. Not knockoff (either brands) if I may add.

Marshalls just get's the last years style or excess polo that RL has. Again, so you understand Marshalls does not sell any lesser quality polo by RL there. I got my Nudie GTDB's there, I guess Nudie made a lesser quality pair of those? When you assume it makes an "ass" out of you and me.

dinogj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krp480
Um... Very Wrong. Marshalls gets REAL Polo. There are other imitation brands of polo. Not knockoff (either brands) if I may add.

Marshalls just get's the last years style or excess polo that RL has. Again, so you understand Marshalls does not sell any lesser quality polo by RL there. I got my Nudie GTDB's there, I guess Nudie made a lesser quality pair of those? When you assume it makes an "ass" out of you and me.

Im quite aware on how those stores work, Im also aware that every product sold there are real and verifiably so. What I am saying is that the Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts sold in those stores are made specifically by RL for those stores and are of a differnt quality construction, fabric and fit wise from those sold in Polo RL stores. And yes im aware that they also sell other **** brands and i know Us polo assn is not RL...

If you hold up a medium RL polo from marshalls and a medium you would pick up from a PRL outlet you will see a differnce.

Nowhere do I say that I assume anything, nor did I say anything about anything other than the polo shirts being less than perfect. So im not attacking your Nudies good sir, nor am I saying anything is fake...no need to call other people on the internet asses either.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
it's not worth it. even if you save $1000 from that one piece at 95% off, you still lose out by wasting countless hours of your life in the war zone. not to mention the cost of psychological trauma and increased suicide rate - you will want to kill yourself if you spend an extended amount of time in there
teacha.gif

Time is money. If you make a decent amount of money, it's not worth the time. If you have a lot of free time, it's worth trying to save the money. That being said, I usually hate TJ Maxx but do shop Winners in Canada. I've gotten some okay things there.

amd123

Reaction score
Im quite aware on how those stores work, Im also aware that every product sold there are real and verifiably so. What I am saying is that the Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts sold in those stores are made specifically by RL for those stores and are of a differnt quality construction, fabric and fit wise from those sold in Polo RL stores. And yes im aware that they also sell other **** brands and i know Us polo assn is not RL...

If you hold up a medium RL polo from marshalls and a medium you would pick up from a PRL outlet you will see a differnce.

Nowhere do I say that I assume anything, nor did I say anything about anything other than the polo shirts being less than perfect. So im not attacking your Nudies good sir, nor am I saying anything is fake...no need to call other people on the internet asses either.

yea I've also seen this, I went to Macys bought a Polo RL polo shirt, one from Burlington and one from ebay and they were all different.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Time is money.

If you make a decent amount of money, it's not worth the time.

If you have a lot of free time, it's worth trying to save the money.

That being said, I usually hate TJ Maxx but do shop Winners in Canada. I've gotten some okay things there.

I haven't found any PRL in Winners, but I've got a few Gant Rugger shirts, Penguin button-ups. I've seen some Salvatore Ferragamos (probably because of a grand opening or whatever) but they were kinda ugly and still abuot $400.

ah_dut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
The outlet stores in the US must be horrible or something because the TK maxx near where I live has been having boatloads of Lanvin recently and pretty much every time I go they have something I want. Still tones of ed hardy and weird brands I've never seen sold in a proper store.
You're really lucky. Every TK Maxx I've visited in London has been absolutely terrible.
ffffuuuu.gif

Krp480

Reaction score

Well, never did I call you an ass first off. Next, I highly beg to differ maybe if you can come up with some proof I might believe you. Also, why would the designer create a totally different shirt from their lineup for marshalls? Have you ever heard that when the designer has too much apparel from that season left over they sell it to marshalls?

Here is my proof. Seriously, are you just totally assuming? Or are you the buyer who picks out the clothes for marshalls? Oh, and there is no difference, I have shirts that I have bouht on sale at RL polo, and I can't tell the difference cause there ISN'T one.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polos you get at marshalls are definitely different. They're a much loser fit and the fabric is much more flimsy and less stiff. The ones you get from a proper store don't fade as much after washed and they fit much slimmer. Brands make cheaper lines from discount stores. chaps, lauren by ralph lauren, polo assn They're never sold at full price. Its the same with gilt, brands make cheaper quality clothes with the same tags so they can off load them at marshalls for cheaper prices.

Picked up a beautiful tom ford coat today. Won't state the price I bought it at because ill be listing it on the B&S section today or tomorrow.

Krp480

Reaction score
I am not going to let down my argument. I still stand where I am. Like I said, unless there is proof I refuse to believe that. I have pretty slim fit polo's from marshalls and they look/feel/fit the same as once from the RL store polos. The fabric on the marshalls RL Polo looks the same, is definitely the same even the same color as the one from RL polo.

Like I said before, I don't think nudie would make a cheap pair of pants JUST for marshalls. They are not that big of a company and my GTDB's are no way cheap feeling as a regular pair. Same goes with my Burton jacket. I don't think they would make it any less different... Same with Gucci, I saw a pair of shoes there once defenitely not designed Specifically for marshalls.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not everything in the store is lower line. just some things. Nudies is a tiny company, they don't have the man power to make a smaller line. I know for a fact gucci makes lower line items for outlet stores, I bought one once and when I brought it to an actual gucci store they said it was made for an outlet. I love how defensive you are about this, its really funny.

ismelllikepoop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Polos you get at marshalls are definitely different. They're a much loser fit and the fabric is much more flimsy and less stiff. The ones you get from a proper store don't fade as much after washed and they fit much slimmer. Brands make cheaper lines from discount stores. chaps, lauren by ralph lauren, polo assn They're never sold at full price. Its the same with gilt, brands make cheaper quality clothes with the same tags so they can off load them at marshalls for cheaper prices.

Picked up a beautiful tom ford coat today. Won't state the price I bought it at because ill be listing it on the B&S section today or tomorrow.

so you are selling an inferior tom ford coat made specifically for marshalls? a gucci outlet store is a lot different than a marshalls/tj maxx etc anyways, and i seriously doubt you have actually compared two like items, one at retail, and one from marshalls. hell two pants i tried on at jcrew fit completely different even though they were supposed to be the same. and one had its button almost falling off so i guess it must've been made just for the outlet

greens11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop
so you are selling an inferior tom ford coat made specifically for marshalls? a gucci outlet store is a lot different than a marshalls/tj maxx etc anyways, and i seriously doubt you have actually compared two like items, one at retail, and one from marshalls. hell two pants i tried on at jcrew fit completely different even though they were supposed to be the same. and one had its button almost falling off so i guess it must've been made just for the outlet

At least with J.Crew and most mall brands with outlets, you can tell if it is outlet specific by the two diamonds underneath the name on the tag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads