• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to find Gems at Marshalls/Ross/Burlington/TJMAXX/etc...

amd123

Reaction score
So I've been hunting down some 501 STFs and I've checked out tons of stores (Sears, Macys, Bonton, Boscovs, Kohls, JCPenney literally everywhere including the ones in the title) and I couldn't find any. However, on my travels I did find some really cool **** at Marshalls and Burlington...found some Stussy and I KID YOU NOT, some Supreme. I was gonna buy some but they were all too large or too small
ffffuuuu.gif

Although, most of their inventory was complete and utter ****, from the crappy RL polos and regular jeans to the thousands of crap no name never heard of brands such as urban pipeline and reputation jeans (seriously WTF).

I know some users have scored awesome stuff from stores like these such as RRL selvegde. You guys got any tips on finding good **** at stores like these (the discounter ones)? Like maybe you guys know when they restock or get new inventory?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dinogj

Reaction score
Its always good to check the racks near the fitting rooms, the stuff thats there has already been deemed "worthy" enough to try on, and you can find the best of whats left over!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ that's actually a pretty good tip.

I just stop by places like TJ Maxx and Marshall's to go in the back and look for the good sheet and towel sets on sale, and to see if any cookware worth buying is around. You can often find Le Creuset bits and pieces and I think I even saw some Staub, long ago. They usually have some cheap gift foods like infused oils and jarred salsas, different olives and teas and novelty gourmet items, like a dollar or two a piece. Also, I buy stuff like lab series deodorant or those $60 women's undereye creams that I don't want to pay $60 for just to try.
Apart from that, they're good for buying basics at, like white tees, underwear, and pajamas. You can get Polo at uniqlo prices there. I have like 5 or 6 pairs of polo pajama pants, and I don't even wear them. Girls like to wear them when they come over and are wearing little miniskirts or something.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a pair of LVC 646's at my TJMaxx a week or so ago. It depends on where the stores receive their shipments from. Stores in Vegas get a lot of "run-off" from the mainstream places that can't move merch for whatever reason. I would assume that TJMaxx / Marshalls, etc in places like LA, NY, Chicago would receive better quality stuff in general than say Indiana (just because I saw someone's thread lamenting such a location).

kruze

Reaction score
Around me I've seen some OK stuff. Further inland not so much. When I was in germany at TK MAxx [yes TK], they had some evisu and RRL. Too bad the pockets on most evisu are ugly as F.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive seen lots of levis STFs @ kohls/macys

u should be able to buy them online...macys/kohls runs big coupon codes thru their email deals

amd123

Reaction score
Yea well in the middle of nowhere country bumpkin PA we have no hot ****.

angrypork

Reaction score
Wow can't believe you found Supreme. I've found some nice surprises there. Just have to keep your eyes peeled.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in Cincinnati OH, and used to find random RRL jeans, but they never fit the way I wanted. I should have bought them and sold them, but it was too much work.

AlecEiffel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
I found a pair of LVC 646's at my TJMaxx a week or so ago. It depends on where the stores receive their shipments from. Stores in Vegas get a lot of "run-off" from the mainstream places that can't move merch for whatever reason. I would assume that TJMaxx / Marshalls, etc in places like LA, NY, Chicago would receive better quality stuff in general than say Indiana (just because I saw someone's thread lamenting such a location).

Lol.

All we get are the clothes the malls don't sell. Billabong out the ass!

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
The thing to be careful with at all of these places is 60-70% of the items are slightly damaged or irregulars.. If its something you can handle (like the back pockets being slightly lower, or extra large bar-tacks on a pair of Levis) you'll find decent stuff, nothing to write home about.

Anyhow, I like Ross the best. It seems to cater to no-one specifically where as Marshalls/TJ Maxx/ and Burlington Coat Factory carry nothing but FUBU, Sean John, etc or golf brands. I never have any luck. After I heard about the RRL jeans w/ the pheasants turning up all over I began to scout out TJ Maxx never a single thing. I suppose I missed out. But that just goes to show you how much of a mixed bag the whole thing is.

Ross has more stores & larger distribution than most of the others (atleast in the Southwest). The distribution ctr for Ross is near Toys R' Us' in Midloathian TX. There is a HUGE warehouse with a long row of bays. My guess is, stuff from clearinghouses gets sent to them, then its sorted, then its shipped. There are some stores that get more items, but each store gets a weekly delivery. I frequented one a few blocks away from my house, and it was always a hodge-podge of stuff. Occasionally it would be pair after pair of nikes in horrible colorways, the next week it would be nothing but Ecko boatshoes. The same with the clothes, often times there'd be nothing but American Eagle and Abercrombie crap... the next week tons of RL gear.

I have been to Ross's in Dallas, OKC,Tulsa... smaller towns, suburbs, larger towns... its always a mixed bag. There is never anything great (still impressed that you found Supreme) but its like a slightly nicer thrift store if you're persistent you'll find alright stuff.

The internet will be the death of these places though, all these places need to do is have a close-out on their website and they avoid the middle man.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
The internet will be the death of these places though, all these places need to do is have a close-out on their website and they avoid the middle man.

It is sometimes a better decision for a company to send their good unsold **** to random places like TJ Maxx than to gain a reputation of "just wait until the end of the year and it'll go on sale on their website."

They like it to be unpredictable so that people will buy their product at full price because they can't count on getting it on sale unless they're really lucky.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads